Forums are back in action! ×

Battle Kitten: Ascension

Ugh. I've been decently productive today but it's only because I'm putting off these two phone calls I need to make. I'm running out of things to do but I still don't want to make these calls. #anxietyproblems

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

9 minutes ago, fleaball said:

Ugh. I've been decently productive today but it's only because I'm putting off these two phone calls I need to make. I'm running out of things to do but I still don't want to make these calls. #anxietyproblems

Phone anxiety is so real. I've been meaning to schedule a dental cleaning for about a month now. But I will remind you of a thing you already know here - you'll feel waaaaaay better if you just get it over with. It's hard to celebrate and enjoy unwinding while you have something stressful hanging over you like that, and the moment it's done you'll feel so free! 

• Like 3

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

1 minute ago, Countess D'If said:

This just in, she bare-footed, too. 

The people at your school are fuckin weird.

47 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

Phone anxiety is so real. I've been meaning to schedule a dental cleaning for about a month now. But I will remind you of a thing you already know here - you'll feel waaaaaay better if you just get it over with. It's hard to celebrate and enjoy unwinding while you have something stressful hanging over you like that, and the moment it's done you'll feel so free! 

Yeah. I did one so far and then legit got distracted. I don't feel so great about it because it was a call to take my car to the shop at 7am tomorrow but ugh. It's been on my to do list forever so at least it's done. 

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Blergh. Made the required phone calls and then some. Unfortunately no actual answers were acheived (financial aid office and health insurance company both fucked up and have to look into their issues). Many things crossed off the to-do list and several other things done that weren't on the list. All I want to do is go to bed now but it's just shy of 5pm and that would end badly. I really don't want to do the rest of my list though. (Go buy food and pick up a prescription. Release mouse #4 into the wild where it will probably last about 10 minutes before being eaten. Empty all of the trash in the house.) No grades in yet, including the bullshit pass/fail class from Halloween weekend? (I emailed the profs and they said they're working on getting the grades in this week. I don't understand. There's no reason for anyone to fail? How hard is it to input 24 passing grades?)

Ugh I guess I should go to the store before it gets any colder at this point. I really hope they can fix my car tomorrow because I have several appointments Thursday and the high's only going to be 27. (A few degrees below freezing, for those of you who use temperature scales that make sense.) I don't want to be dicking around waiting for public transportation when it's that fucking cold out. 

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

This is cute. Just picked up the inhaler I might not even need and it costs $50.  What is my life right now?

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

3 hours ago, fleaball said:

Blergh. Made the required phone calls and then some. Unfortunately no actual answers were acheived (financial aid office and health insurance company both fucked up and have to look into their issues). Many things crossed off the to-do list and several other things done that weren't on the list. All I want to do is go to bed now but it's just shy of 5pm and that would end badly. I really don't want to do the rest of my list though. (Go buy food and pick up a prescription. Release mouse #4 into the wild where it will probably last about 10 minutes before being eaten. Empty all of the trash in the house.) No grades in yet, including the bullshit pass/fail class from Halloween weekend? (I emailed the profs and they said they're working on getting the grades in this week. I don't understand. There's no reason for anyone to fail? How hard is it to input 24 passing grades?)

Ugh I guess I should go to the store before it gets any colder at this point. I really hope they can fix my car tomorrow because I have several appointments Thursday and the high's only going to be 27. (A few degrees below freezing, for those of you who use temperature scales that make sense.) I don't want to be dicking around waiting for public transportation when it's that fucking cold out. 

Brrrrr

giphy.gif

• Like 2

I am a grumpy motherfucker today. Got maybe 4 hours of sleep because my body has decided that sleep is unnecessary. Woke up and called AAA an hour ago to have my car towed to a garage a mile away that opens at 7 (which was 5 minutes ago) and the tow truck is just now en route. This garage doesn't make appointments, it's first come first served. I'm supremely worried that they won't be able to work on my car. I've gone in around 8 before and they've taken it but made a face. Uggggh. 

What I want to do is come home and go back to bed after dropping it off but I'm gonna try to stick it out at the Starbucks next door. Brought my journal so I won't really have a choice but to do it. Although rn I just feel like I'm gonna face plant so who knows. 

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

41 minutes ago, fleaball said:

I am a grumpy motherfucker today. Got maybe 4 hours of sleep because my body has decided that sleep is unnecessary.

What I want to do is come home and go back to bed after dropping it off but I'm gonna try to stick it out at the Starbucks next door. Brought my journal so I won't really have a choice but to do it. Although rn I just feel like I'm gonna face plant so who knows. 

I would definitely go to bed in this situation. Running on 4 hours of sleep feels so bad!

• Like 1

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

10 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

I would definitely go to bed in this situation. Running on 4 hours of sleep feels so bad!

The only hangup is that once I'm up and out of bed, going back to sleep = nap and while I won't feel as tired when I wake up I WILL feel like death. So I'm gonna try to stick it out for a bit in case they get done fairly early. There didn't seem to be too many cars on their lot today so I'm crossing my fingers. 

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

10am. No call yet. I've finished my coffee, sent some emails (the financial aid office never processed my application for the spring even though I literally contacted them about it half a dozen and it expired a month ago, apparently, and now they want me to do it again? and ding my credit again? I know it won't be a substantial hit but this is 100% their fault and I'm pissed), added a few more things to my to do list, and now I just keep staring at my phone willing it to ring with an answer. 

And now I really have to pee but I don't want to lose my seat in Starbucks if I pack up all my stuff so it doesn't get stolen. :\

13 hours ago, Owlet said:

Brrrrr

giphy.gif

I love this gif.

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

ASDFGHJKL FINANCIAL AID OFFICES ARE THE WORST.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

ASDFGHJKL FINANCIAL AID OFFICES ARE THE WORST.

Honestly. I know I'm going to wind up submitting another fucking application because if it's expired I'm sure the government isn't going to let them do anything with it, but that didn't stop me from politely emailing them to say "hey here's all the times I came in to ask about it and/or sent an email and was summarily dismissed, so is there something you can do about it since I did everything right and still didn't get any help?" Because I'm a bitch. The only downside is that you can't email supervisors directly, there's only one generic email address that everyone has access to. Now that I think about it I should have called and asked for a supervisor but whatever. 

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

3 minutes ago, fleaball said:

Honestly. I know I'm going to wind up submitting another fucking application because if it's expired I'm sure the government isn't going to let them do anything with it, but that didn't stop me from politely emailing them to say "hey here's all the times I came in to ask about it and/or sent an email and was summarily dismissed, so is there something you can do about it since I did everything right and still didn't get any help?" Because I'm a bitch.

I'd do literally the exact same thing. You KNOW they're going to make you redo it, but you've got to make a point that this is their fault so you can feel better about it! 

3 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

I'd do literally the exact same thing. You KNOW they're going to make you redo it, but you've got to make a point that this is their fault so you can feel better about it! 

"Thanks for the email  May is too early to apply for a loan for Spring 2017  The credit check for that loan has already expired." Apparently someone is allergic to punctuation. And literally not one person told me this in the 4 months I've been trying to sort this out. It's also very curious considering the federal government system let me put in an application for the academic year. I'm so pissed. I'm half tempted to call and complain at a supervisor but it also seems totally pointless because there's nothing they can do. It's not like complaining to a store where they can give you a gift card or something. Sure they could train their people better but they're mostly student workers with zero fucks to give so really what does it matter? Ugh. 

vdLE8dJ.gif

• Like 5

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

4 minutes ago, fleaball said:

"Thanks for the email  May is too early to apply for a loan for Spring 2017  The credit check for that loan has already expired." Apparently someone is allergic to punctuation. And literally not one person told me this in the 4 months I've been trying to sort this out. It's also very curious considering the federal government system let me put in an application for the academic year. I'm so pissed. I'm half tempted to call and complain at a supervisor but it also seems totally pointless because there's nothing they can do. It's not like complaining to a store where they can give you a gift card or something. Sure they could train their people better but they're mostly student workers with zero fucks to give so really what does it matter? Ugh. 

Uh, unless this is some sort of private loan, this is false. But June, my financial aid was solidified for Fall 2016 - Spring 2017. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

Uh, unless this is some sort of private loan, this is false. But June, my financial aid was solidified for Fall 2016 - Spring 2017. 

Nope, federal. It does sound like complete bullshit but again, nothing to be done. :rolleyes: I'll do the application when I get home and just get it overwith. While cursing everyone at my university and also hoping I get a winning lottery ticket for Christmas.

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

So after 3.5 hours at Starbucks I called it a day and came home because it was really cold there and also I was tired of wearing pants and a bra. But now that I'm home I think I've used up all my productivity points for the day and I'm ready to stare at the ceiling for a while.

• Like 5

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

9 minutes ago, fleaball said:

So after 3.5 hours at Starbucks I called it a day and came home because it was really cold there and also I was tired of wearing pants and a bra. But now that I'm home I think I've used up all my productivity points for the day and I'm ready to stare at the ceiling for a while.

You're allowed. 

My exam went until bloody TEN O'CLOCK last night. I'm supposed to be preparing for Friday's final final. Am I doing that? No. No I am not.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Countess D'If said:

You're allowed. 

My exam went until bloody TEN O'CLOCK last night. I'm supposed to be preparing for Friday's final final. Am I doing that? No. No I am not.

I saw when you posted last night and was wondering wtf the deal was. That's fucking painful and I'm sorry you had to deal with that. Exams that late should be illegal.

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

2 hours ago, Countess D'If said:

Right? Talk about cruel and unusual punishment. I started to fade at 9:15. Because that's effing bed time, y'all.

Honestly. A professor I've heard good things about is teaching a section of a class I need next semester, but it's 8:20-10:50. I'm not doing that to myself again. No thank you. 

So apparently they started working on my car at 2:30. Guy called and was like "remind me why we needed to look at your brakes again?" ...because they don't work? I mean to be fair I didn't say "I need new brakes" I said "there was a thing with my brakes that you told me in April would need to be fixed eventually so can you do that too?" But it still seems rather self-explanatory. I really hope the gas thing can be fixed and isn't a major issue though because I really need my car so I can get groceries. I keep getting not-a-lot because I have to walk and carry it all but that's just setting myself up for failure since I don't go back regularly. 

Also I just remembered I have that gynecologist appointment tomorrow. I don't want to shave. :|

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

3 hours ago, fleaball said:

So after 3.5 hours at Starbucks I called it a day and came home because it was really cold there and also I was tired of wearing pants and a bra.

Hahaha maaate. Good call. Sorry about the financial aid office though, that is infuriating. Also, late classes and exams, wtf?! Is this night school? Come on! Good luck with the car issues, and the lottery.

• Like 2