Forums are back in action! ×

New job, no longer sick, so time for a new lifestyle!

Hi! I'm Fedaykin, 25 year old, 155 lbs, 5'2" female looking to get fit and stay fit. I work retail and was promoted this week to Guest Service Team Leader (aka manager of cashiers). I figured this was the perfect time to kick off a new, healthier, happier lifestyle!

My hobbies: I live in the Pacific Northwest, so I love the outdoorsy activities -  swimming, biking, hiking, etc. I also love reading, mostly scifi and fantasy novels. Of course, my favorite book is Dune by Frank Herbert.

My history of fitness: I was always an active child; I loved playing outside just as much as staying in and reading books. Throughout my K-12 school years, I played sports (competitive swim team and track & field) and stayed strong. I did little/no exercise during my years at university and after I graduated. I live 5 minutes from a paved footpath that is used by walkers/runners/bikers/equestrians and the last few years I've been leisurely biking there every week during the summer.

My history of weight loss: I was always an overweight child despite the activities I did. Eventually, things got out of control and I was 175 lbs in July 2016. Looking at pictures of myself at my cousin's wedding and realizing how poorly I fit into my clothing sparked something in me. That, in addition to a stressful new relationship, caused me to lose 20 lbs by December 2016  pretty much by stressing and not eating. I felt much better physically and mentally but I know I didn't go about the weight loss in the right way. I've maintained since then.

My goals: Short term, I want to ease into exercise and healthy eating after two weeks of bed rest with mono. Long term, I want to build strength and cardiovascular endurance, try new things, meet new people, and stop spending so much time at home! I'm a manager now, I might as well act like one both on and off the job. I don't have a fitness or diet plan yet, but that's what I'm working on in preparation for the next 4 week challenge.

Waving hello to a  fellow Pacific Northwesterner. I love all the outdoor things there are to do in our area. Glad you are over the mono.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Hi fedaykin, congrats on the promotion!  This is going to be fun, you can start reintroducing all the things you love doing back into your life (and maybe find some new loves).  I miss the Pacific NW... when you start your challenge, post lots of outdoorsy pictures so we can live vicariously through you. :) 

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

Battle Log: Operation Fly-By-Night

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman