Forums are back in action! ×

58 minutes ago, Harriet said:

I like the fiery butt (or elbow? with a nudi, you never know)

Me too.  All the bright colors were just begging to be painted.  I believe those are the tail feathers.

59 minutes ago, Harriet said:

Back after a short break. Slug 6! 

image.png.b101bca12227514702f7395a5a3eb7ed.png

It looks so expressive somehow!  Like a dog you just asked to go for a walk.

• Like 2

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

Journey before Destination

Ok, since i am making an effort to post the fails too, i was doodling and tried snails. They are odd but im shoving them up. The second one kind of started as the idea of a hermit crab rock thing. Yes it looks weird i agree.( For the record, snails are not my usual doodle animals. I prefer mythicals or things with greater fluididty)

IMG_7599.thumb.jpeg.f163c164ea31c35b5d991dbe5fd34c41.jpeg

• Like 5

the creative spelling comes as standard. Enjoy! 
A journey of thousand miles, begins with a single step - Lao Tzu

Challenge: #1#2#3#4#5#6#7#8

22 hours ago, Everstorm said:

I believe those are the tail feathers.

Anus gills. ☺️

5 hours ago, Sea-to-sky said:

Ok, since i am making an effort to post the fails too, i was doodling and tried snails. They are odd but im shoving them up. The second one kind of started as the idea of a hermit crab rock thing. Yes it looks weird i agree.( For the record, snails are not my usual doodle animals. I prefer mythicals or things with greater fluididty)

IMG_7599.thumb.jpeg.f163c164ea31c35b5d991dbe5fd34c41.jpeg

Well I love the second one!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, Sea-to-sky said:

Every slug is sacred; every slug is good. Every slug is needed in our neighbourhood. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

Slug 7. This is one of my favourites so far. I think I got the ripple, and I used a diffuse brush to good effect without making the whole thing fluffy, as digital paintings can be if you don't fight it.

Slug7small.png.086651898a24efebc111c7ef04bb1f62.png

• Like 6

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

I love love love the colour composition of this one, Harriet. 

• Like 2

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

17 minutes ago, Sovalis said:

I love love love the colour composition of this one, Harriet. 

It's just a study, so the colour choices are not mine except for a bit of interpretation and simplification. Complements to nature, then to the photographer ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Slug 8. I lost focus a little with this one and was uncertain about how to create the right shine on the snail and lime, but it's still cute.

image.png.6b07ab279721feaefceaf1317c030217.png

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 5

2 minutes ago, Harriet said:

Slug 8. I lost focus a little with this one and was uncertain about how to create the right shine on the snail and lime, but it's still cute.

Wow, thats gorgeous. I love the detail on the shell. I think The way you got the texture and shine on the snails skin is really effective too. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sea-to-sky said:

Wow, thats gorgeous. I love the detail on the shell. I think The way you got the texture and shine on the snails skin is really effective too. 

Thank you! I want to paint more shiny textures... 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sea-to-sky said:

Shiny is hard. I think they have a really nice translucency in the eye storks particularly too

There's a way to do it but it's not automatic for me. I should review.

1 minute ago, Mad Hatter said:

you nailed the shiny on the shell! I want to touch it.

Thank you! It's smooth, and not just because it's 2D and literally has no texture as a digital painting. 

25 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

@Harriet btw I’m still working on my offering, but it’s on the way! Figuring out the colours took forever as I refused to resort to the colour picker. Feel free to threaten me if I don’t get it done tomorrow. ?

Yessssss I will threaten you for your own good and the good of our slug collective. 

christoph waltz nod GIF

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, Harriet said:

image.png.6b07ab279721feaefceaf1317c030217.png

This is gorgeous! It looks so ethereal, almost magical.

I'm halfway through a watercolour (which is nowhere near as good as this), hope to get that up tonight or tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 18  -  CON: 22  -  CHA: 11  -  SAN: 19  -  INT: 17

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Jarric: The 'C' Team

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up

3 hours ago, Jarric said:

This is gorgeous! It looks so ethereal, almost magical.

Oh thank you, that's kind. ❤️ 

3 hours ago, Jarric said:

I'm halfway through a watercolour (which is nowhere near as good as this), hope to get that up tonight or tomorrow.

Oh yes, I treasure everyone's contributions regardless of how experienced you are. 

• Like 2

Slug 9? I went off reference a bit for this one because it was heavily foreshortened and I wanted to show more of the body. I think the ripples are fine but I'm less certain about the lighting. That's okay, lighting is something I want to practice more so it's all good.

slug9small.png.d5c0f77a790c54cfdb191787cdd21c0f.png

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

Thank you I saw your  previous post this morning and already felt threatened. ?

Here is my crazy fluorescent backlit nudi (though I admit I gave up on fixing the edges it takes bloody forever). 

Oh WOW. I love the translucency and inner glow, the gorgeous variation in colour, and also how you got the sense of form on all the appendages. Really nice work.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Here is my crazy fluorescent backlit nudi (though I admit I gave up on fixing the edges it takes bloody forever).

Wow! I saw that photo and your drawring really captures the translucency and colour shifts so well. So pretty. 

• Thanks 1