Forums are back in action! ×

You know you're a nerd when...

ThePuma

...when you're making up a trading card game featuring your classmates, professors, and possible newbies.

(I'm in a theatre program, where the 21 of us take every class together five days a week, so we've gotten pretty close. Also have quite a few inside jokes. These cards are so much fun to make. Though making up a game is considerably more difficult than it was when I was 5)

...when your first crush was on Edward Elric. And let's be honest: It wasn't a crush, it was true love.

...when you prefer the scientific Harry Potter fanfiction to the canon. (Methods of Rationality is gold. Check it. :D)

...when you're a Nerdfighter and a Nerd Fitness-er and are excited about how similar the initialisms are.

RACE: Selkie | STATUS: Puggle STR: 1 | DEX: 3 | STA: 6 | CON: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0 Level 1: Begin.

...when you're a Nerdfighter and a Nerd Fitness-er and are excited about how similar the initialisms are.

What is this Nerdfighter thing? Please tell me it is a Fight Club-esque battle of the wits.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

Unfortunately not as cool as a Fight Club of wits. Nerdfighters "fight to increase world awesome and to decrease world suck". Creating interesting, thought provoking, inspiring, and incredible stuff (like books, music, etc) while also donating to loads of different charities. Once a year the Project for Awesome occurs, where nerdfighters work together to make the front page of Youtube nothing but charity videos.

Pree cool.

It all started with two brothers who wanted to communicate textlessly for a year, meaning, through phone calls, videos, and face to face.

[man that got long-winded. Pologies!]

RACE: Selkie | STATUS: Puggle STR: 1 | DEX: 3 | STA: 6 | CON: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0 Level 1: Begin.

Ooh, that sounds pretty cool. Not Fight Club level, but still really awesome.

--EDIT--

You know you are a nerd when you consider starting an underground battle of the wits and you want to call it Byte Club

Level 1 Woodwose

You know you're a nerd when at the end of the last Harry Potter movie, you texted everyone in your phone list with "Mischief Managed."

Or when you ride Star Tours at Disneyland you pretend it's real and no matter what you never make it to Endor to see the Ewoks... the rebellion would have failed without the Ewoks.... why don't we have Ewoks?!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4526[/ATTACH]

post-8131-1356724439611_thumb.jpg

post-8131-1356724439611_thumb.jpg

Happy. Dreamer. Runner. Teacher. Fighter. Girl.

My journey for the juju.

KellyElizabeth's First Challenge Thread

...when your first crush was on Edward Elric. And let's be honest: It wasn't a crush, it was true love.

There is truth in that. I have stories written to back that up.

And it was actually in 2005... woop. Fun memories!

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

.... why don't we have Ewoks?!

They look too much like Tribbles...so we Klingons killed them. It was all over the news, you didn't see it???

"A sharp knife is nothing without a sharp eye" - Koloth

"Ya can't grill it until ya kill it" - Uncle Ted

"If it ain't Metal...IT'S CRAP!!!" - Dee Snider

That doesn't make sense... The furthest anyone has traveled in the Star Trek Universe (outside of the Borg because nobody knows how far they have spread and the Traveler, who can span near infinite space because he created a new form of warp drive) was Captain Janeway and the Voyager crew going a measly 70,000 light-years from Earth into the Delta Quadrant. That leaves them in the same Galaxy as Earth. But Star Wars universe is in a galaxy far, far away. So the Klingons couldn't have killed the Ewoks because they haven't traveled that far.

Would this be another way you know when you are a nerd?

Level 1 Woodwose

That doesn't make sense... The furthest anyone has traveled in the Star Trek Universe (outside of the Borg because nobody knows how far they have spread and the Traveler, who can span near infinite space because he created a new form of warp drive) was Captain Janeway and the Voyager crew going a measly 70,000 light-years from Earth into the Delta Quadrant. That leaves them in the same Galaxy as Earth. But Star Wars universe is in a galaxy far, far away. So the Klingons couldn't have killed the Ewoks because they haven't traveled that far.

If I am not mistaken the Traveler also took the crew of the USS Enterprise in one of the first episodes of TNG to the edge of the universe, when he was showing them his warp potential, and accidently overshot it by a long way.

He did bring them over 3,000,000 light-years away into a neighboring galaxy. But they were brought back and I believe since it was specified "a galaxy far, far away" the Star Trek universe takes place not in a neighboring galaxy but in a galaxy that is very distant even for galaxies. Right?

Also, I don't believe his technology was disclosed to pretty much anybody but Wesley Crusher when he was taken in as an apprentice of sorts. So, I guess we can theoretically add Wesley to the list of people able to go to the Star Wars galaxy.

Level 1 Woodwose

You know you're a nerd when you workout while playing videogames. A death equal 5 pushups!

I did this with a deck of cards and Battlefield Bad Company 2. One death = 1 card = one of four workouts (depending on the suit of the card), with the number of reps to be determined by the value of the card. Never been so sore in my life.

I did this with a deck of cards and Battlefield Bad Company 2. One death = 1 card = one of four workouts (depending on the suit of the card), with the number of reps to be determined by the value of the card. Never been so sore in my life.

Ok, that makes me want to create a workout poker. Best hand is the exercise set you must do. Winner of the hand is exempt for the exercise. Royal flushes would be game killers. I could just see it now. Say Hearts are burpees (the toughest workout for me, so the suicide king (king of hearts) makes sense for it). A royal flush would be a total of 60 burpees (if Jack=11, Queen=12, K=13, A=14). Sounds fun. Mwahahaha...

Level 1 Woodwose

Ok, that makes me want to create a workout poker. Best hand is the exercise set you must do. Winner of the hand is exempt for the exercise. Royal flushes would be game killers. I could just see it now. Say Hearts are burpees (the toughest workout for me, so the suicide king (king of hearts) makes sense for it). A royal flush would be a total of 60 burpees (if Jack=11, Queen=12, K=13, A=14). Sounds fun. Mwahahaha...

I believe I did something like the following:

Spades: Push up

Clubs: Sit up

Hearts: Squats

Diamonds: Shoulder press

Face cards counted as 10 (blackjack style counting). An ace of any suit resulted in a bear-crawl around the apartment.

Exhausting.

Lead... Don't rain on a Klingon's parade...We don't like rain!!!

The Q Continuum go anywhere and anytime they damn well please, and have done. You're all making me sad. Turn in your nerd cards. You're all suspended, pending a hearing.

Well, it hasn't been proven that the Q can travel outside of the galaxy because the Star Trek universe follows the Federation. But they are very pompous race, thinking of themselves as gods, so their claims may or may not be exaggerated. It has never been shown exactly how strong their powers are. (Please let me keep my nerd card...)

Level 1 Woodwose

And the Klingons got the Q to transport us over there to kill the Ewoks(because even Q hate Ewoks and Tribbles)...Since they can break all space/time continuum rules.

And the Klingons got the Q to transport us over there to kill the Ewoks(because even Q hate Ewoks and Tribbles)...Since they can break all space/time continuum rules.

But did any of you have the balls to punch him (theonlyreasonSiskogetsmentionedinbestcaptaindebates)?

Archived