Forums are back in action! ×

Zombies, Run! for Android - Finally!

Loren Wade

I've actually been waiting patiently for this!

Quick question... Does this require GPS to work? My phone (Samsung Infuse) doesn't like GPS and I'm lucky if I hit one satellite, let alone the 3 needed for mapping.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

anyone use the Android app yet? how's it working out for you? I'm terribly interested.

there is never a sudden revelation, a complete and tidy explanation for why it happened, or why it ends, or Why or Who you are. you want one and I want one, but there isn't one. it comes in bits and pieces, and you stitch them together wherever they fit, and when you are done you hold yourself up, and still there are holes and you are a rag doll, invented, imperfect. and yet you are all that you have, so you must be Enough. there is no other way.

Marya Hornbacher, Wasted: A Memoir of Anorexia and Bulimia

Fire.Eagle: I bought this and it's working nicely, with more updates planned very soon.. I emailed the dev before buying and they said they plan to continue supporting Android for as long as they continue iPhone.. and with a 72,000+ backing from kickstarter over their original goal of 12.5k they're doing pretty good on funds. Especially with the app costing so much. Their support is amazingly fast at replying, so any problems you have they will fix for you and future updates will be awesome.

Android app is awesome. It makes me continue running, I came home to finish my run and heard a transmission saying there was a zombie behind me, so I went back out and ran faster than before to outrun it before returning home. Keeps me going!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yanz - Elf Assassin

STR 2 | DEX 3 | STA 4 | CON 2 | WIS 4 (+1) | CHA 1

Do or do not, there is no try.

Forum Intro |

I don't know how this works but I eagerly await witnessing people running mindlessly into traffic and other obstacles in an effort to avoid dots on their phone while running.

And I say that as someone who's flipped his mountain bike while texting.

Eat. Sleep. High bar squat. | Strength is a skill, refine it.
Follow my Weightlifting team's antics: Instagram | Facebook | Youtube
Looking for a strength program? Check out The Danger Method and remember to do your damn abs

Haha. I love this app, I bought it when it came out for the Android on June 14th. It's so damn amazing. I love it.

Yes, if you want to do zombie chases, you need to have GPS enabled, but I also have a Samsung Infuse and it works really well. Once you finish missions, you can upload them to your zombielink so that other people can see your runs, like so:

http://www.zombiesrungame.com/Vicarious/108726/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|Ogre Monk|

My Challenge to all NF'ers

Haha. I love this app, I bought it when it came out for the Android on June 14th. It's so damn amazing. I love it.

Yes, if you want to do zombie chases, you need to have GPS enabled, but I also have a Samsung Infuse and it works really well. Once you finish missions, you can upload them to your zombielink so that other people can see your runs, like so:

http://www.zombiesrungame.com/Vicarious/108726/

What other options are there to use on it outside of zombie chases? I was under the impression that was pretty much the only thing it did was the missions. Well, besides tracking.

And do you have any problems with the Infuse picking up GPS? It seems hit or miss from what I hear about the Infuses, but I must have had a major miss because I can never pick up any satellites...

I could use one of my parents' old iPhones as an mp3 player and get the iOS bersion of the app. But I'd much rather not have to pay for it again when I upgrade my phone (hopefully) within a year. That, and I detest iStuff...

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

Thanks for the review Yanz.

Well, I shelled out the $8 and picked it up last night. I think I'm going to try to test it out on a run tomorrow morning when it's only upper 70s, as opposed to my normal evening runs where it's been 90 lately...

[table=width: 600]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

fire.eagle

Elf Assassin

STR: 6 DEX: 5.5 STA: 4.75 CON: 5 WIS: 3.5 CHA: 3.75

Assassin Wannabe | Be Prepared

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

[/table]

Finally got out and did a run with this app. This thing is amazing. Definitely worth $8. It's like Wheatley is coaching me though the zombie apocalypse.

Yep, the radio guy reminds me of Wheatley from Portal 2. I can't stop hearing it now.

Only warning is make sure you have short songs/a long enough run. I had some 8 minute songs on my playlist and got caught by zombies at the end because I hit the end of my run, but still wanted to finish out the mission.

[table=width: 600]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

fire.eagle

Elf Assassin

STR: 6 DEX: 5.5 STA: 4.75 CON: 5 WIS: 3.5 CHA: 3.75

Assassin Wannabe | Be Prepared

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

[/table]

Sounds like something to get me running!! :D

Just bought it, will try it out on my next run.

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

I had forgotten about this. I had an android and really wanted it. Switched to an iPhone 2 months ago and completely forgot about it. So glad you reminded me. I was going to go to the gym and run on the treadmill tonight while I did C25K but I'm really excited to try this out so I'll brave the heat and run outside now! Just downloaded the app and I can't wait!

Archived