Forums are back in action! ×

The hall dall creaks open, a timid, strange adventurer pokes her head in..

You can see from her ill fitting clothes, the belt bursting at the seams, the way she is struggling with the weight of her backpack, that nature is going to eat her alive.

She sits down in the corner, exhausted and looks around at her, overwhelmed by the sights and sounds of the other adventurers.

Ok enought RP :)

Hi there!

My name is Bec, I'm 37 and I've struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember, back into early childhood. At my heaviest after a pregnancy from hell with my son, I was 129kgs (284pounds for my non metric friends), to basically for the last 20 years hovering around the 110(260) mark.

Through a massive effort of calorie counting, trying every shake/powder/fad/plan there is to try, over the past 18 months I've managed to lose 24kgs(52pounds) and I have to fight every day to keep that off.

So currently sitting on about 94(207) with a still rather unhealthy bmi of 34, which I guess is way better than the 42.5 BMI I started with.

I started doing some research after being so disappointed with sticking to low fat, weight watcher style foods and points etc and just not getting any results, and still continually craving chocolate etc. I am quite sure that I have some kind of binge eating disorder, I obsess over food and stress about it all the time. I am certain that if I were able to make myself throw up, I would be text book bulimic. :(

Being the highly nerdy individual I am, I hated myself that I could be so educated, understand what I was supposed to be doing, and somehow my body was letting me down, my mind was letting me down, and I was weak for giving in to cravings and binging on chocolate and carbs to make myself feel better.

After stumbling across nerdfitness, I had one of those huge lightbulb moments.

I've made the decision to jump in with both feet and go full throttle, and if it comes out of a box or a packet, I won't eat it. That way there will be no snacking and binging, as I have told myself it is poison.

Its been 3 days so far, and already I can tell that my moods, my complexion, my clarity of mind have improved drastically. Also the chocolate cravings have gone. Weight wise I've already dropped 2 kgs.

I will not fail on this path, its not a diet, its a lifestyle change, and now that I've thrown the switch in my mind, nothing can stop me. I don't have to stress about this not working, because the proof is here. If I follow this philosophy, it will work.

I'm keen to start on selecting a class and getting heavily involved in the forums!

I plan on lifting heavy things and doing random short sprints and being as fit and strong and fab as I can be.

thanks for reading my ramble :)

Bel

erg DOOR, lol I just realised I mis-spelled the thead topic, how embarrasing.

That was part of the reason why I'm here. I want to know what a hall dall is! Haha

Welcome! There's many people all along the same path that you are on, so you will never feel alone. And for the class, I recommend starting out as an Adventurer. They are there for people starting out, those not sure what you want to do, and as a general (all around) fitness group; so that sounds where you are right now. Also, I'm there! That's gotta be a plus, right? RIGHT?

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

Welcome!! :)

Sounds like you have quite a journey behind you already!

Much success on this new one! I'm sure you can do it! :D

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

Archived