Forums are back in action! ×

Small steps to a big goal

rabbit

This is probably too small of a "woot" to post, but one of the small goals I've set for myself since joining NF is to walk a mile every day, no excuses. From my work to my house is exactly one mile. If any of you are on Cape Cod, you might be experiencing the storm we have going on. I skipped yesterday because the weather was bad (a silly excuse in retrospect) but today I refused to succumb to that excuse. So, I zipped my coat up and I just went. I work for a taxi company and every driver offered to give me a ride, but I said "nope." and kept walking. I also was inspired recently by Steve's post saying that every time you think "I should do this..." you do pushups. The first thought I had was "I SHOULD walk to my house, but..." and then I dropped and did 10 kneeling pushups. At that point, I got up and I went. Next thing you know, I'm a third of the way there and I'm smiling! I loved it, the weather kept me motivated and the next thing you know, with a big grin on my face, I was at my apartment. Not once did I think "augh, I should just call a cab" I kept walking and I'm proud of myself.

:]

[TABLE=width: 300, align: center]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

rabbit, level 1 Vampire Assassin

STR 1|DEX 1|STA 1|CON 1|WIS 6|CHA 5

[/TABLE]

"When you become a vampire, the demon takes your body, but it doesn't get your soul; that's gone. No conscience, no remorse, it's an easy way to live. You have no idea what it's like to have done the things I've done...and care. I haven't fed on a human being since that day."

Crazy enough to be cut out for assassin?

:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[/TABLE]

"When you become a vampire, the demon takes your body, but it doesn't get your soul; that's gone. No conscience, no remorse, it's an easy way to live. You have no idea what it's like to have done the things I've done...and care. I haven't fed on a human being since that day."

I think I might just switch guilds and start fulfilling my go of being a vampire slayer who is also a vampire.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[/TABLE]

*goal

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[/TABLE]

What an awesome attitude. Well done for not making excuses! I think its definitely worth a WOOT!

Lusitanian Druid, Level 9
STR: 13 | DEX: 15 | STA: 17 | CON: 22 | WIS: 25 | CHA: 25

“We are what we repeatedly do; excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.†- Aristotle

Current Challenge: Living the Good Life II Past: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th,  8th9th, 10th11th, 12th

Goal: 1001 Steps on the Road to a Home -> 18/348 in 2015 

5.27%
5.27%

Goal: loose 9KG in 2015 -> 1.5KG lost 

16.67%
16.67%

Archived