Forums are back in action! ×

Tracking food and exercise (iPhone and/or computer)

SSquirrel

Hey, so I'm starting my plan tomorrow w/my food restrictions and my first actual working out in at least a couple of years.  Where do people track their stuff generally outside of guild logs?  I have an iPhone, what are people's favorite apps?  When I was using MyPlate, a lot of food I was fixing at home the calorie counts were different than the standards, so I just did the "add calories manually" and ran into the problem where if I screwed it up, it would only let me update the servings and I couldn't fix other issues, so I would end up with 2 or 3 listings for the same thing and only 1 correct. Maybe there are better options under the Custom Food section, I don't know.

What apps are people using?  I know FitDay has something, MyFitnessPal, MyPlate, etc.  I did print out a list of a bunch of exercises and calories burned for an hour of the activity as I saw recommended somewhere on here, so that is handy.  Also, is there a place on the site besides the guilds forums for us to put up a log of what we're doing?  Cuz as far as I can tell those are intended for the 6 week challenges.  I know me, if I know other people can peek in and see what I'm doing, it will be extra incentive to make sure everything is kept up and I'm not dropping out.

Thanks!

Hagen

EDIT: Wow I just setup an account on MyFitnessPal (may as well check it out) and it told me 1510 calories net, 208g carbs, 50g fat, 57g protein per day.  This is me at age 36, 5'9, 239 aiming for 200 lbs.  Other sites have been telling more like 1630.  The carb count seems really high since I've seen lots of advice on the web to aim more in the 50-100g of carb if weight and fat loss is the goal.

Level 1 Satyr Adventurer/Assassin    

Age: 36, Height: 5'9", Weight: 238.6, Pants Size: 40Str 2 | Dex 3 | Sta 2 | Con 4 | Wis 1 | Cha 3

My tracking thread: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/26623-ssquirrels-list-of-everything/

Goals: 200 pounds, the old size 36 leather pants in my closet :)

Alice: But I don't want to go among mad people.Cheshire Cat: Oh, you can't help that. Most everyone's mad here.  You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself.

I just use notes on my iphone and a very extensive Excel file for tracking.

But I don't count calories...

As for logging, there's the daily battle logs.

http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/index.php?/forum/13-daily-battle-logs/

Not sure about the calories, as I said I don't count them... too much of a hassle for me.

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

I use the LoseIt! app. Tracks food and exercise pretty well, and adjusts your daily calorie allowance as you add excercise. I like that it has a barcode scanner so I don't have to manually log in stuff. And I took 30 seconds to figure out how to group foods together as a meal, lol, so you can add them in one shot instead of one by one (which gets cumbersome fast). Also, it syncs to my fitbit so that's pretty cool too.

Ive heard really good things about my fitness pal too.

Cee, Level 2 Wood Elf Adventurer of the Earth Kingdom

STR 4.5 . DEX 1 . STA 3 . CON 5 . WIS 8.75 . CHA 4

ch 0|ch 1|challenge 2

I love mfp, it's just so simple and once you have regular meals added in, incredibly quick. You can go in and adjust the macro percentages in custom goals to better suit how you like to eat. I don't use their calorie recommendations though, they come out incredibly low; it wanted to put me on 1200-1300 a day...ew. Still, I'd definitely recommend it if you know what your calorie goals are and need something to track your food, or if you have the ability to stick with the calories it gives out.

Level 2 Gnome adventurerSTR 3|DEX 3|STA 5|CON 8|WIS 11|CHA 3

Challenge 2

I've been using MFP- mostly because I can use it at work- where I eat 80% of my food and spend 70% of my time.  Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

plus the community is always good for a laugh.

"it's bikini season... what should I do...???"

LMFAO

Archived