Forums are back in action! ×

What game do you identify with most?

Nara

Kinda curious to see all of your answers mainly because of various observations I've been making since (re)starting fittness training last week :3

Just a kinda game and why sort of thing, such as mine would be Psychonauts since travelling between other peoples perceptions of the world in their minds (along with having various mental abilities like pyrokenisis and leviation) is just pure awesome being a character/world builder and all.

~Nara~

Art Elemental Adventurer Lvl. 1

STR-6 | DEX-2.5 | STM-3 | CON-4 | WIS-9 | CHR- 4.5

Intro | Misadventures

Challenges:

Doodle Quest Vol.1

PSYCHONAUTS!! I love that game!! Do you know how many people are unaware that it exists? To many, the word must be spread!

I have many games that I identify with, but the number one probably has to be....OK! I don't have one so what the hell, here's the list of those that I am aspiring to be:

Bioshock (all of 'em)

Tomb Raider (2013)

Left 4 Dead

Alice Madness Returns

Portal

Half Life (Why there no #3?! WHYYYYY!!!?!?!)

Dishonored

Amnesia the Dark Descent

Skyrim

Fallout

Shadow of the Colossus

Okami (I want my drawings to one day come to life)

Silent Hill

I know and it's so sad because of how enjoyable it is D: Apparantly the creator is ready to make a second game but there's no company willing to back him on it. (Not sure how true that is but still a sequel would've been awesome given the ending XD)

And I love ALL your choices XD I pretty much like all of those games except I haven't seen/played enough of the tomb raider, dishonored, of half life to know, except I remember the head crabs. Dem head crabs.

~Nara~

Intro | Misadventures

Challenges:

Doodle Quest Vol.1

Dabbled in a lot of stuff, not as much of a gamer anymore than I was but I'm still a fan of the Fallout series. (probably because of nostalgia, starting seven years ago) Otherwise possibly Bulletstorm and Borderlands.

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.†- Vince Lombardi

Wolf, level 1 Vampire assassinSTR 2|DEX 3|STA 2|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 2

Wolfish Philosophy

Current challenge

Borderlands! How the hell could I forget that awesome game!! Thank you Wolfhorde for reminding me.

I would probably relate more to Tiny Tina in that one!

I used to play competitive Counter-Strike 1.6 back in the day, still play source up to this day (almost 10 years playing cs! :D), but ALSO, since they just made a remake (in "HD") Age of Empires 2.

It's not 80% diet, 20% exercise, it's 100% diet, 100% exercise. Give it your all.

My journey (Date - Total - BF % - LBM)

2012-01-01 - 242 - 35% - 157

2013-12-15 - 172 - 10% - 155

2016-05-01 - 231 - 25% - 173

Heh, I have a list of favourites (Fallout 2 & NV, Deus Ex, Mass Effect, Conquests of the Longbow), but I don't know that I really identify with any of those.

But given that I have sometimes asked my dog "Who's a funny boy?", and I did once have a horrible two-year period where it seemed like I and most of my friends were suddenly eaching losing at least one parent/partner/sibling, so I suppose I ought to identify with Hawke from Dragon Age 2.  So you can all call me "champion" from now on.  Let me know if you need to borrow my murder knife.  ;)

Wood Elf Assassin
  -- Level 10 --
STR 26 | DEX 13 | STA 19 | CON 7 | WIS 14 | CHA 14

Sir, I do believe that is because you have arrows in them. Just saiyen.

So using the old Googles, turns out "I took an arrow to the knee" is a Nordic saying for getting married, which makes more sense and also makes it less funny than it already was :P

the-more-you-know-o.gif

"We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us."

-- Charles Bukowski

Out of Everything, I have to go with Final Fantasy, although to be more specific, I'd go with FF V, in which almost a random person develops the ability to become anything he wants, and winds up using said abilities to help everyone.

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

So using the old Googles, turns out "I took an arrow to the knee" is a Nordic saying for getting married, which makes more sense and also makes it less funny than it already was :tongue:

the-more-you-know-o.gif

D'AWW, we can pretend the arrow got married to his knee though :3 What a happy couple~

~Nara~

Intro | Misadventures

Challenges:

Doodle Quest Vol.1

I know and it's so sad because of how enjoyable it is D: Apparantly the creator is ready to make a second game but there's no company willing to back him on it. (Not sure how true that is but still a sequel would've been awesome given the ending XD)

And I love ALL your choices XD I pretty much like all of those games except I haven't seen/played enough of the tomb raider, dishonored, of half life to know, except I remember the head crabs. Dem head crabs.

Why not get a kickstarter up and running? Look at Planetary Annihilation.  I'm an RTS dabbler and that gme looks Awesome.

Half-Orc/Barbarien  Level 1

Strength (STR) - 5

Dexterity (DEX) - 2

Stamina (STA) - 1

Constitution (CON) - 3

Wisdom (WIS) - 3

Charisma (CHA) - 1

There are lots of games I love, but as for one I relate to, I'd say the Thief series, more than any other. Not because I like to steal things (I don't) but because I can completely relate to Garrett's sarcasm and cynicism about the world around him. I also seem to have an innate sneaky nature, I have a reputation of sneaking up on people and scaring the crap out of them without even trying. And I love any story that involves a guy stickin' it to the man, and saving the world while he's at it.

Dare mighty things

Why not get a kickstarter up and running? Look at Planetary Annihilation.  I'm an RTS dabbler and that gme looks Awesome.

That game does look pretty neat, I know the doomsday/darkness bit made me laugh xD comedy and game promotion woop! And dunno about the kickstarter thing, don't know the creator and the whole sequel was a "up in the air thing/rumour" anyway xD

~Nara~

Intro | Misadventures

Challenges:

Doodle Quest Vol.1

Shadowbane.... I loved the options of toons you could build, i loved my scouts and rangers... I train like that now... Lots of running, body weight exercises, and balance movements...

It was a game that was competing with WoW, but I enjoyed the guilds and the people... and i miss it very much...

Easily Final Fantasy VI

.....so many characters to relate to.

Terra: Not being able to fully relate to / be part of people around you because there's just something about you no one gets, and maybe you yourself don't either.

Shadow: Coming and going....disappearing out of communication for weeks at a time with friends and family.

Sabin: I like to think I'm big and strong and will take on anything...damned the consequences.

Locke: When it comes down to it, he's a romantic and a protector....I like to think I am too.

Edgar: No desire for power or too much responsibility, but will sacrifice and take on burdens to take it off others I care for.

Umaru: At times, I'm simply the big silent type.

Mog: I'm adorable too...what can I say? :) HAHAH!

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

I am hooked on the Tomb Raider games. I try to live my life as a great adventure, exploring and collecting lots of awesome skills. I love learning languages and went to school for History. 

I try hard not to be a crazy murderer, though. She srsly kills everything and everyone.

Also love FF VII and XII

I aspire to be as cool as Lara Croft and Ezio Auditore, but man I'm a wuss. Must grind harder!

Level 4 Human Ranger

Str: 8 Dex: 2  Con: 4.5  Int: 9.5 Wis: 8.5 Cha:  2  Sta: 5

My favorite game was Starcraft.

The game I identify with the most would be FF VI (though I called it 3 when I was playing it - American version). Lots of adventure, persistence, cleverness, emotions - things that I see in myself, whether or not they are truly representative of myself. And of all the characters in that game, I see myself in Terra. I stranger but not really.

l33yore :: Human Ranger :: Level 3

STR: 2 DEX: 2 STA: 7 CON: 3 WIS: 5.5 CHA: 3.25

challenges: current 2 1 | intro

a christ follower / a husband and father, too / and i do some work

Archived