Forums are back in action! ×

Will you stop clowning around and do something!?

TML, for the Tigger reference alone, I would have called you friend, but then to throw the Eminem gif in there? Brilliant!

I have interwebs at home now!  It took some convincing on my part to get Centurylink to get it right, but at the end, they felt that keeping a customer is worth the little bit of extra effort.  Good on them.  

Having a pool means there are added costs and maintenance.  Watching my kids jump in and actually swim when they have had very little experience in the water? Priceless.  And we're all getting a little bit tanner.  

I'm thinking that a MN Rebel hangout at Casa de Jitters should happen.  Billiards and (coming soon, possibly this week) darts.  Let me get a few things straightened out and I'll get it planned.  There are a few good parks near by that we could bombard.  Things are spinning in my brain.  Stay tuned.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

18 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

JITTERS!!!! :D:D:D 

ME!!!!!

Level 2 Warforged Druid

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Alright, I'll get to working out next Monday, y'all.  This week is me going out of my mind trying to get ready for an art show up in Two Harbors, MN.  An art show I don't think I am ready for.  With the move two weeks ago, I have gotten behind on my work.  That said, sleep is for the weak (I'm kidding, I love you sleep) and I shall power through these last couple days and get prepared.  It's time to get going

Shall-We-Begin-Star-Trek.gif

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Okay, so getting up at 3:30 this morning to finish all the projects (kidding! I still have a few that I can finish up north) was a great idea.  Side note, don't ever do this.

red-bull-coffee2-465x323.jpg

• Like 2

Level 2 Warforged Druid

On 9/16/2013 at 0:00 PM, Jittersthe.Clown said:

All things are possible.  We live the life we want to.  I will change what I do not like.

From my challenge:

Objectives:

Beginner's Bodyweight Workout 3 days a week - no excuses anymore.

- Run at least 9 miles a week..

- Yoga or meditation 4 days a week for at least 10 minutes. 

- Cut out pop and energy drinks completely from my diet. .

Starting Weight: 236    Ending Goal Weight: 220

Starting Waist Size: 40"   Ending Waist Goal Size: 38"

I shall, from time to time, update here.  Tonight, I will put up some photos.  I am going to hold myself to a higher standard for this.  I am kind of excited at the thought of accomplishing these objectives.  Doing so would mean having to mod my clown costumes just before circus this year.  

My outline from week to week would look something like this: (Subject to change based on life events)

Monday: AM Yoga/Meditation and evening BBWW

Tuesday: AM Run and evening Yoga/Meditation

Wednesday: Evening BBWW

Thursday: AM Run and evening Yoga/Meditation

Friday: Evening BBWW

Saturday: AM Yoga/Meditation

Sunday: Rest

We'll see how this goes.

Looking back, it astounds me how I couldn't hold this simple plan together.  

I'm going to try this again.  New stats, though:

Starting Weight: 258  

I got a look at myself in the mirror last night...  I didn't like what I saw.  This is going to change.  No more excuses.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Anneh!  How are you?  

I'm hopeful that I can keep things together this go.  Last night, I indulged in more wine than I should have, but still got a mindful session in.  Surprised me, really.  

-Beginner's Bodyweight Workout

0/3

- Run at least 9 miles a week.

0/9

1/4

- Cut out pop and energy drinks completely from my diet.

This one is changing.  I will allow one soda pop each week.  No energy drinks, though.  And I've already failed on that.  Had one yesterday morning...  This is going to be tricky for me.  

0/1 SP

1/0 ED

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Thanks, Hatter.  

This weekend kind of sucked as my "Let's get back to this and be awesome" weekend...  

-Beginner's Bodyweight Workout

0/3

- Run at least 9 miles a week.

0/9

2/4

- Cut out pop and energy drinks completely from my diet.

This one is changing.  I will allow one soda pop each week.  No energy drinks, though.  And I've already failed on that.  Had one yesterday morning...  This is going to be tricky for me.  

1/1 SP

1/0 ED

I didn't really get much done, as you can all see

tumblr_nj07s7Mojd1smcbm7o1_500.gif

I don't know why I'm putting it off.  I know I can do at least two circuits of the BBW, but I just have to take that step.  I get distracted by the dozens of other things that I could do.  Or not do.  I need someone to come over and kick my butt.  

And now, a little life at Casa de Jitters:

We moved into a house a month ago (to the day) that has a pool.  We've been enjoying it these hot summer days.  Now that it's getting colder, the heater works a little harder to keep up.  No problem.  The pump it's attached to, however, has had enough.  The motor on it seems to have seized up.  That means no warm water to swim in for us...  Boo-urns!  

giphy.gif

Now the decision we have to make is replace it now and enjoy another day or three before we close it down or wait until spring and have it replaced then?  Prices might be higher then, but I'd have the money then.  
Typing that out, it makes me realize the day to day in my life has changed dramatically...  

Thanks for tuning in.  And as always:

bekindgif.gif

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Aw jeez, I h'ain't dun nothin

But!!!  And it's a nice butt.

NXlDAnA.gif

Jitters Junior asked last night if we can set a workout schedule.  He's in soccer, thinking about hockey with his new school (now that we've visited) and wants to stay in shape.  Might be the motivation I need to get my butt in gear.  

Hopefully, it sticks.  

• Like 2

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Alright!  Got up and got a workout done yesterday and am feeling a might bit sore today.  Had my weekly allowance of pop.  Feeling pretty good.  Long weekend incoming.

• Like 2

Level 2 Warforged Druid

There are no words...

485363-chandler-joey-gif.gif

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Eventful weekend happened.

Friday night, we found ourselves in a suite at the St. Paul Saints game.  Not an uncommon occurrence for us, but Jitter Bug had a few too many cheese puffs (half the damn bowl) and mini cheesecakes.  Fast forward to the bottom of the 7th and she's off with my niece at the store.  They come out and JB vomits.  Niece texts her mom to let us know.  Wife and her sister head down there and I have to convince Jitters Junior to get up so I can go help too.  It was late and he is a snugly kid.  I go down and get to Jitter Bug first and make sure she's alright.  There were some EMTs on hand that gave her some water and a bag in case it happened again.  Glad for that bag.  She booted once in the car ride home and three times overnight.  It was kind of rough, but I don't sleep much anymore.  

giphy.gif
Saturday, I got up early and did a BBW before bringing JJ to my nephew's birthday party.  We kept JB home in case she was sick and to rest.  She woke up well after we left and was a little upset we didn't bring her.  The wife assured her it's because we didn't want her to feel sick again.  And I emailed her that I would bring back a cupcake.  Seemed to calm her down.  Didn't go out like we planned on Saturday night, but had a game night and watched a lot of music videos.  My kids are really getting into the videos.  

Sunday, we planned on going to the in-laws' lake.  My tooth was hurting since I woke up, but took some ibuprofen and muscled through.  It got worse as the day went on and I kept taking the meds.  The family had fun and I was able to play a couple rounds of boccie ball.  Got home around 9:30 and had to take a percocet, the pain had gotten so bad.  Woke up at 4 am Monday feeling like my face was on fire.  Half of my face had swollen pretty badly.  I needed relief.

tumblr_inline_obgukiZIya1qk8f3x_500.gif

Unfortunately, in the US, it was a holiday, so that meant ER.  Or it would have had I not done a bit of research.  Turns out, there is a dental clinic that boasts they are open 7 days a week and 365 days a year.  My first thought was it was a hack working out of a a strip mall and I'd be in worse pain after than when I go in.  But, when your face looks like a chipmunks, you take what you can get.  Man, am I glad I went.  The place was very professional and they were able to see me right away.  A few x-rays later, the doc told me I needed a root canal and there was an infection.  Yay!  

tumblr_lc0m9b3Y4u1qzi80do1_500.gif

Never had to go through this before.  Doc goes through everything with me, I elect for the nitrous oxide and he gets me prepped.  Nitrous and I get along very well.

tumblr_m6ckz8Y1A21qjkugeo1_400.gif

A few pokes of Novocaine later, he's ready to drill.

Y3J3Ide.gif

Drills the hole and apparently, everything starts to drain.  He tells me that he wont be able to cap the hole until it finishes and to come back the next day.  Should be a 10 minute thing for his staff to get done.  So, I spend the day pushing on my face to help the drainage and I get some meds to help the infection and to keep the pain at bay.  We got home, went for a last swim in the pool and talked about our plans for the kids last night before school starts.  They wanted a special dinner out.  I was told I could eat anything that night and I hadn't since lunch the day before.  I was famished.  The family and I went to a pizza buffet because that's how we roll.  It was pretty delicious.  

Tuesday, I got up at my normal early time and got a workout in.  I was going into work late to see the kids off on the bus and to get the hole filled.  All went well and I have my follow up scheduled for next Tuesday.  Should be fun...

giphy.gif

Last night was Jitter Bug's first day of soccer.  She loved it.  I had fun as well.  I get to be her coach this year and the kids on her team seem to enjoy having a coach that has a personality.  I have that in spades, kids.  Watch out.  

So, that's my weekend.  I hope you all had a much more pleasant one than I had.  Be good to each other!

Level 2 Warforged Druid

I haven't got much to say about to what happened to Kim,

but I can give you a big, warm hug, if you want to?

*hugs*

That sucks.

It's just not a fair world sometimes :/

Lucky to have met her, though?

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

Jitters' Countdown to Christmas has returned!  This year is a little different.  There is a list on my fridge of this years songs from each of my family members.  We're drawing a card to decide each night which song is picked and each member tells a little of why they picked the song.  Without further ado:

Dec 1st, 2016 - Santa Claus is Comin to Town - Fred Astaire
Chosen by Jitter Bug, she told me "I like this because it means Santa is coming and then we get presents!" From the mind of a 5 year old

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Had a good workout this morning.  Getting to know some of the early risers at the gym is fun.  Might start taking a cardio juggling class there.  Oddly enough, taught by an old manager and mentor. 

My stained glass shop is kind of a mess.  I'd like to clean it up so I can get into some projects.  

• Like 3

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Quite honestly, I'm not sure.  I think there will need to be a Juggle with Jitters meet up sometime when it gets warmer.

• Like 2

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Clean that studio! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Level 6.5 Female Druid/Celtic Goddess
(Str. - 14) (Dex. - 10) (Sta. - 11) (Con. - 10) (Wis. - 11) (Char. - 13)

My Most Recent Challenge!

Spoiler

Awake every morning and do your best to follow this daily To-Do List:

1. Think Positively 2. Eat Healthy 3. Exercise Today. 4. Worry Less. 5. Work Hard. 6. Laugh Often. 7. Sleep Well.

Then? Repeat...

"Promise me you will always remember: You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

I've got the drive to do it.  And some good ideas now.  

On another note;
Beware the Ides of March!

fsxKasn.jpg?fb

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

175340-Everyones-Irish-Tonight.gif

It's that time of the year where we take our drinking over the top and feel like crap for the rest of the weekend...  well, us old and out of practice people do...  
Not for me, though.  Movie night at home with the kids is on the docket.  I have been going out most St. Patrick's day since I was 20 and honestly, I really don't feel the need to go out this year.  I will be at the gym after the movie.  I'm interested in seeing how many people are there tonight.  

• Like 2

Level 2 Warforged Druid

I am singing Irish tunes in my office quite loudly.  Fun fact: when left alone in the office, Jitters gets a bit nutty.

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid