Forums are back in action! ×

Nerdy Story Co-op **sign ups for round 1 closed**

ooooo please>??????>

I had so many ideas and didn't wanna be a word hog!!!

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

602114_10201251251258228_294599115_n.jpg

just  cuppa joe.... will take the boy to run a couple errands before school... be back in about a half hour and writing this is #1 on my to do list for today!!!

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Noodle looked at the moon and could tell that he still had some time before sunrise. He felt the chill nipping at his naked body and wished Steve had at least allowed a blanket with that naked curse!! He looked around for some sort of shelter but found only the bare rocky ground. Sighing he laid back down and tried to at least for he had a feeling that the day tomorrow was going to be a long one.

It was some time later when Noodle awoke. He felt as if some sort of paralysis had overtaken him! What was this madness, when he tried to stand his muscles cried out to him in pain and stiffness. Groaning like a 90 year old arthritic mountain man before his second pot of coffee Noodle attempted to stand but was utterly hampered by stiffness. He hobbled to the edge of the cliff and screamed at his betraying body!

“I am trying to fix myself! Why is my body forsaking me? Body!†with that he growled at the top of his lungs.

Hearing no answer from the hills he turned around and slowly stumbled back to where he had spent the night curled on the ground. Noodle was getting depressed. Why would his body tie itself into knots? He was able to accomplish so much yesterday (was it only yesterday?). As he painstakingly picked his way across the rocky ground (every step sent aches shooting through his back) he thought he spied something small sitting on his rock. “oh great,†he thought “now I am seeing things? eh it could be another helper, or it could be one of Piger’s tricks. Steve and Epik will help me to see which it is.â€

Standing atop the rock was a small green lizard in some sort of bedsheet. “Young Noodle, I heard about your trials yesterday. My name is Grahanderson, although my friends call me Gra. I am here to help you find your way back onto the path, as it is easy to lose it. Especially when one is not used to sleeping on the rocks.â€

Noodle sighed. “I want to continue Gra! But my body is so stiff and sore that I just want to lie here in a puddle and have my soup!â€

Gra bopped him on the head with his staff. “No! That is the BIGGEST of Piger’s lies! There are tricks to get rid of the stiffness. If you give in you will succom and your body will turn to stone and you may lose all your progress! You mustn't give in!â€

Noodle had flopped onto the ground, holding his back like the old man he felt he was, “but Gra how do I do it! I am so lost! I will NEVER find the path again!â€

Gra smiled, “I thought you would never ask. Let me introduce you to our friend, one of the best weapons against the stiff lies of Piger, the foam roller. This and some gentle stretching will work your muscles. Will breathe life into them. It will hurt at first I will not lie to you. But, if you can overcome your initial discomfort you will be better off.â€

Noodle listened to Gra and thought, “initial discomfort? Can it be worse than yesterday? What the hell was I thinking, I miss my couch. But I can’t live with this stiffness. And, if I don’t make myself look better and get into better shape I will never attract the attentions of my princess. And, the demon DM2 will find me for sure.†Outloud he said to Gra, “Show me your ways.â€

Gra worked with Noodle for about an hour, showing him stretches he could do to warm his cold tired muscles. The foam roller was indeed a torture device at first, but then as he warmed and loosened he realized that it would become his best friend. The sun was just coming to the crest of the hill when Noodle saw it, the path. Gra spoke softly, “my friend, I have taught you the path of the Monk. I hope you remember it when you are back in your world.†He shimmered out of view and Noodle stared at the path that lay before him.

Noodle thought to himself remembering all the late night talks with Steve about his website, “I have been on the path of the Assassin and Druid. I have learned the way of the Scout and Monk. I treasure my Accountibilitibuddies. What else is there? How much farther to the Crucible? This journey feels to be taking FOREVER!â€

He set off down the path, slowly, fearing the pain would return to his back. After a short while though he felt better and was able to even jog. It was nearly two hours later that he suddenly stopped and shouted, “WAIT! I just ran for two hours? Over rocky hilly terrain? HOW!?†He went back through the list he had made in his head and thought “is this the path of the Ranger?†the wind in the sky and the birds on the branches seemed to agree with him, “maybe now that I have realized it I can get off it, I really want to get to the Crucible!â€

As he ran, not with lightning speed but slightly faster than a herd of turtles running through a lake of almond butter, he thought about the princess back home. Noodle had never had the fortitude to even THINK of approaching her, she wouldn’t dare talk to a man who lived off soup and watched the all seeing well all day. She might be interested in this new Noodle though. His thoughts soared with the possibilities!

He smiled as he ran, trying to figure out how to approach the other to paths, which by now he realized would be that of the Adventurer and the Warrior. And he thought about the boss battle that would happen at the Crucible. All good adventures end with an epic boss battle! He was slightly scared of the Crucible, but he knew that Steve and Epik were behind him. He understood that Piger had no power but the power he had been given. He knew he had the tools of the monk and the foam roller. He knew that he was worthy.

It wasn’t long before he came to a giant blocking his path. The giant sat there quietly as Noodle approached and seemed to be sleeping. Noodle knew in his heart though that this giant merely SEEMED to be sleeping and would attack him in some way. What would this challenge be? He had fear, but he understood that he was the master of his fear. He knew that his friends had given him the tools to tackle anything, 20 seconds at a time. And with that thought in mind, he approached the giant.

• Like 1

Spoiler

Cool!  Vengefulpear, the rest is up to you.  

New peeps, I will add you into the next rotation.  I will roll for posting order when this story concludes! 

Crystal Gem Druid || Stat-free Level-free Goodness

"I won't run away anymore... I won't go back on my word... that is my ninja way!" Uzumaki Naruto

"You're pro or you're a noob. It's so easy, that's life."  Athene, Best Paladin in the World

"Do what the fuck you want to." Panic Station, Muse

The giant’s snoring thrummed through Noodle as he approached, a comically exaggerated rumble and whistle. Noodle shook his head slightly, there was no way that anyone would think that was real snoring. Gravel, dust, and stone crunched underfoot as Noodle walked forward, making no effort to conceal his approach. Noodle stopped a few feet from the giant, noticing just how large he really was. The pot-belly seemed to reach out for Noodle with every thunderous breath that the giant took. It was quite unnerving really.

After a few moments of impatient foot-tapping Noodle coughed. There was no response from the giant, well unless you count him opening one eye to try and get a sneaky glimpse of Noodle anything. The glimpse wasn’t as sneaky as he wanted.

“I saw that.”

The high pitched whistle cut off and was followed by the sound of a rolling boulder, which Noodle realised was a huge ‘harumph’ from the giant.

“You’re no fun.”

The giant’s voice was just as deep and booming as his snoring had been. He sat up with an earth shaking wump. Even when he was sat up with his legs outstretched he still blocked the road. Noodle started to get impatient.

“Can you move please, I need to get past!”

It was a dirty, hearty laugh and it made birds fly out of the nearby trees. Noodle folded his arms and pouted. This wasn’t how this was supposed to go, he’d already been through so much and he wasn’t about to let some guffawing giant stop him now. So he stormed right up to the giant and looked him dead in the eye.

“You get out of my way or so help me I’ll make you!”

That stopped the giant’s laughter, but he still didn’t look scared. Hot anger bubbled inside Noodle’s chest and burned in his eyes. The giant looked at him incredulously.

“How about this, little man. If you can lift more than me then you can go along your merry way. But if you can’t... Well I need to make some more bread.” He followed up  his ultimatum with an evil chuckle.

But Noodle wasn’t going to let himself be intimidated by anyone anymore, he’d climbed mountains and run farther than he thought possible, he was unstoppable. So with a light step Noodle followed the giant as he made his way to some spherical stones that lay by the roadside. Each of the stones was slightly bigger than the last and the final one was as tall as Noodle was.

“These” Shouted the giant, gesturing with a wide sweep of his arms, “are my stones!” He gave another evil chuckle at his own dirty joke. “And whoever can lift the biggest stone, wins!” The grin that split the giant’s face was full of mocking merriment.

Noodle looked at the stones in dismay. How could he possibly compete with the giant? He looked like he could rip up a tree from the ground with no more effort than Noodle would have tied his shoes. But he had come so far that Noodle gritted his teeth and moved towards the first stone.

It was only the size of his palm and he picked it up easily, the flush of victory was short lived as Noodle saw that the giant had already started three stones above him. Not to be outdone Noodle rushed over to the stone the giant had picked up, ignoring the smug grin on the giant’s face. Noodle gulped. This stone was considerably bigger. It came up to his knees and looked as though it was quite happy sitting on the floor and would not take kindly to anyone trying to move it.

Noodle gritted his teeth, gripped the stone ball and heaved with all his might. There was a wrenching sound and for a frightening moment Noodle thought he had broken something. But then realised that it was the stone slowly moving away from the ground! With a triumphant cry Noodle let the small boulder fall to the ground and turned his own grin defiantly at the giant.

The giant looked less than pleased. He turned to the next boulder along in the line, this one coming up to Noodle’s waist, and hefted it easily even though he had to lift it with two hands. The giant let the boulder fall and his chuckle quickly died when he saw the determined look on Noodle’s face. Noodle bent his knees, grunted and with a titanic effort managed to lift the next boulder. When he dropped this one the ground shook ever so slightly, and with a sweaty sheen on his forehead, Noodle allowed himself a small victorious cheer.

There was a definite glare on the giant’s face now, and he let out a low growl. He had most certainly not expected Noodle to get this far. So he moved up to the final boulder. This one was worryingly big, it was almost as tall as he was and the top of the boulder looked with a stony gaze at his shoulders. With a gulp, Noodle gripped the stone even though his arms barely reached around to the other side. Grunting, he tugged, he pulled, he heaved and huffed. But the stone wouldn’t move more than a few inches off the ground.

When he slumped down against the stone, panting heavily with sweat dripping down his face, the giant laughed.

“Well well! Looks like I get to make some bread for my crow soup!”

Noodle shouted as the giant’s massive hands reached out towards him, “Wait! I get three tries! That was only the first, and I haven’t seen you lift the stone yet!”

The giant’s hand froze midway towards Noodle’s face, and he did not look best pleased. There was something about the number three that mythical creatures could not resist. But the giant didn’t look like he was going to grind Noodle up, so he figured that was an improvement. As Noodle thought that the giant’s hand moved towards him again and Noodle’s heart leapt into his chest. Surely the giant wouldn’t go against his word?

But the giant brushed him aside and gripped the biggest stone. It was too big for the giant to lift with one hand, so with a grunt he moved up next to it and heaved it up with a sizeable effort and dropped it back down. The ground shook with the impact and Noodle almost lost his footing.

“Your turn tiny man.”

Noodle moved back up to the stone and readied himself to make another gargantuan effort and lift the stone. Once again he grunted and strained and pulled and tugged. But nothing worked. So he had to drop the huge boulder, letting it fall in a puff of dust. And it didn’t help that Noodle felt a little put off by the monstrous bread oven that the giant seemed to be stoking in between malicious chuckles.

Now it wasn’t just pure exertion that was beading sweat down Noodles face and trickling rivers down his back. Noodle knew this was his last chance. So he huffed and he puffed and he ... didn’t move the boulder. Noodle could feel a vein almost bursting on his forehead, but still the boulder didn’t move. He turned his head to lean against the boulder and give one last wrench and he saw Epik watching him from against a tree. For a moment Noodle had a strange sense of vertigo as Epik was appearing to him in Noodle’s form, although it looked like he was a bit slimmer and stronger than Noodle.

“Help!” Noodle gasped. “The giant’s going to eat me!”

Epik moved up beside Noodle and stood next to him. “I can’t help you any more Noodle. You can only help yourself.”

Noodle’s grip was slipping on the boulder and he let out a gentle sob. Epik’s eyes took a sympathetic turn and he took another step towards Noodle. Epik reached out his hand and touched Noodle’s head. Noodle felt lightheaded then suddenly more solid, somehow more real. He looked at Epik and realised he could see through him to the landscape beyond him.

“I am giving you myself Noodle. Courage can only be found within yourself. I may have been sent by the god of strength, but I am your strength. I have been your potential all along, and now you’ve reached that potential.”

And as Epik stopped fading and remained a ghostly apparition of what had moments before been flesh and blood, Noodle noticed he was no longer panting. There was no strain in holding the boulder just inches off the ground, he shifted his feet and realised he could heft the boulder even higher. And he did. Within moments he had the boulder held high above his head, and he laughed. It seemed easy now, although he knew it was a hard won victory.

Noodle heard the giant’s gasp of surprise and then vicious growl of annoyance, so before the giant could do anything, he turned and threw the boulder at the giant. The giant gave a surprised squawk and fell backwards, the boulder crushing him to the floor. He wasn’t dead, but he lay under the boulder unable to get up, his arms flailing like a beetle stuck on its back.

“Take that, you beast!” Noodle cried as he skipped with his victory. “You won’t bully anyone anymore!”

Noodle turned, the grin almost splitting his face, to Epik to revel in his victory with him. But he could hardly see Epik. It wasn’t that he wasn’t there, but Epik was now almost completely invisible. Noodle gasped and rushed over to him.

“Epik! What’s wrong?”

It was hard to tell, because every time Noodle looked at Epik his eyes kept focusing on what was behind him, but Noodle thought Epik was smiling. “Nothing’s wrong Noodle. But you’ve grown so much that you don’t need me any more.” Epik’s voice sounded like a distant echo, like he was standing deep within a cave and Noodle was at the entrance. “Keep training Noodle, I know you have it in you to be a great adventurer. Don’t worry about me, I’ll be with you in all that you do. So go. Make your own legend.”

As he said those final words, Epik finally disappeared. Noodle searched around for him, thinking that his eyes just wouldn’t focus on Epik, but he eventually gave up. There was nothing left of Epik, at least not that he could find. So Noodle made his way a little up the road and found a rock pool. He splashed the water in his face, trying to convince himself that what Epik said was true. It was at that moment that he noticed his own reflection.

It gave him a start. He was no longer the round faced, slightly sweaty mess that he had been when he started this journey. He could see definition in his cheeks and jaw. Noodle wasn’t by any stretch of the imagination a chiselled example of god-like beauty. But he looked healthy and happy. Noodle’s face split into a grin. All the trials he’d faced and the doubts that he’d shouted down had been for this, this better version of himself. Noodle drew himself up, took in a deep breath and realised that he finally relished the thought of the road ahead.

So, with a proud set to his shoulders he walked on, walking into his new adventure. Before he thought that wouldn’t have been able to cope, but with his new, hard earned fitness, there would surely be challenges and he grinned at the prospect. For although there would be challenges, there would surely be victories, and he was prepared to do whatever it took.

• Like 1

Assassin Guild Leader  Trainee

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

Current Challenge: Vengefulpear Revives!

Level 1

High Score:

Level 7 STR: 14 | DEX: 10 | STA: 1 | CON: 12 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 4

I love it!!!

when does round two start??

Spoiler

Yussssss

(sent by the phone. .. all mistakes are the phones fault)

Spoiler

round two?!?!?

also here is the cohesive story :) (in case anyone wanted just story with no commentary)

I had so much fun and I wanna go again!!

Spoiler

round two?!?!?

Seconding, even if I was just stalking along.

Personally I'd like to hear more about Noodle!

There was a mention of a princess?

Or is there going to be a totally unrelated story?

I dabbled with a similar idea on the forums myself,

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/21042-release-your-inner-author-here-come-on-i-know-you-have-one-d/

but it didn't take flight. I'd love to try the same starting

point again to see which direction it'd go.

If I am stepping out of line (my own idea in someone else's thread)

tell me, and I'll bow out.

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

(/me sneaks back in)

Sorry ya'll !  Got caught up in the holidays with family and whatnot and just didn't do very much on any forums anywhere!  

Just want to see who is still interested for a second round of storymaking.  If those of you interested could just give a quick post, that would be awesome.

The plan is to reroll for the posting order and allow a new person to start the story.  Although, if more of you would rather repeat the same story, that is fine too.   You can mention your preference in your "count me in!" response.

Crystal Gem Druid || Stat-free Level-free Goodness

"I won't run away anymore... I won't go back on my word... that is my ninja way!" Uzumaki Naruto

"You're pro or you're a noob. It's so easy, that's life."  Athene, Best Paladin in the World

"Do what the fuck you want to." Panic Station, Muse

Me... and I'm down for anything

Spoiler

I might be down, it took me a while to get my part in the last one, so we'll see.

• Like 1

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Yes, I'm in.

I prefer to hear more from Noodle, but in case that won't happen,

will gladly take part in a fresh story too.

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

Hi everyone! I'd love to do it but I think I'm going to have to bow out :( 

I've just been made Guild Leader of the Assassin Guild so I don't want to sign myself up for too much and disappoint everyone!

But I may be back for round 3! :D

Assassin Guild Leader  Trainee

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

Current Challenge: Vengefulpear Revives!

Level 1

High Score:

Level 7 STR: 14 | DEX: 10 | STA: 1 | CON: 12 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 4

Hey guys!  It's been so long since I looked at this thread.  =C  I was worried this thread had died out...  Also, I lost the password to my account, lol.  Well, I got that fixed now!

Anyway!  I'd love to do another round and dabble more on the story of Noodle!  Count me in!

You know what would be kinda neat?  xD  If we could get Steve to join the fun, lol!

• Like 1

<p>Gwenhwyfar, level 0 Wild elf adventurerSTR 0|DEX 0|STA 0|CON 0|WIS 0|CHA 0

You know what would be kinda neat?  xD  If we could get Steve to join the fun, lol!

It took me this long to realize that maybe that wasn't a rhetorical question :tongue:

Would be indeed pretty neat! Is there a chance for that, as there's only a handful of us?

But then, maybe we go through several cycles?

I wanna do the next cycle!

• Like 1

Spoiler

I think I would go in for another round.  New adventure?

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge