Forums are back in action! ×

Make life rue the day...

I am terribly sorry for your loss. The fact that you are here, after such an ordeal, tells much about the power you possess. And as a newbie to the Nerd Fitness community, it tells me much of the power of this place.

• Like 3

(DeRail) - Rebel / Monk

"Yeah, I'm slightly irreverent towards tradition. Sorry not sorry."

Wow, just wow.

I am in awe of both your physical and mental strength. To be able to pick yourself up and take life by the horns after all that is just amazing.

Your husband sounds like an amazing man. There really are no words I can say to properly express my condolences. But I am loving your motto and your determination.

• Like 2

"You won't find your answers by looking to the stars. It's a journey you'll have to take by looking inside yourself. You must write your destiny..." Christopher Reeve as Dr. Virgil Swann

Current challenge

Old Challenges: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th9th, 10th11th, 12th, 13th, 14th

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Thanks so much guys! I'm trying, I really am. This coming year is going to be amazing, I'm determined of that. And with so many amazing people in my life, who could ever doubt it.

Thank you to everyone. Xx

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Hello,

I found the time to look at the link in your signature after your last post. I'm usually taking a quick break from work when I'm on here!

Although I am just echoing the feelings written above I find your story an amazing one. Your positivity really is inspirational. As I have gotten older I find dealing with loss harder to do. Your story puts where I am now into perspective. It also shows me that people can work with or through their problems, not wallow in them and be dragged down.

Well done for being so optimistic.

Stub

• Like 1

Fail to prepare... Prepare to fail.

Wow damn Guzzi. That is one hell of a story.

As a fellow biker (06 Buell Uly xb12x), going down is a constant possibility. But I can't let a possibility take away from the 110% guarantee that I will love the ride.

Wet, cold, hot, or dry, if it is on the back of a bike, it is a good day.

The way I see your story is that you are one tough person, and that the Universe knows this now.

You had TWO life changing incidents, that would forever cripple most normal people, and basically asked the Universe 'That all you got, bitch?'

You, Guzzi, are a bad ass. *full throttle salute*

• Like 3

Well crap, Guzzi. You just made my list of heroes. Right up there..

This. You're an amazing person, Guzzi, glad that we're forum-buddies.

Level 10 Superhero Trainee (Ranger)

Str 20   Dex 12   Sta 15   Con 15   Wis 13   Cha 16

My Battle Log: Getting Back on the Horse

Challenges! 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

NerFiWriCh Completed: 1!

My book! The Mercenary's Guide to Ruined Seattle.

To all you saints and sinners!

You losers and you winners!

Here's to one more day above the roses!

Such abuse! :)

You love it! ;)

Busted.

This chatter reminds me... hanging out at the beach with my fiance. We're sitting there taking in the sun, watching the waves... normal things you do at the beach, and a thought crosses my mind.

So I turn to her and say "You're never allowed to right our initials in the sand"

After looking at me like I had 3 heads for about 10 seconds, she busted out laughing...

My initial is S... hers is M....

• Like 2

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

This chatter reminds me... hanging out at the beach with my fiance. We're sitting there taking in the sun, watching the waves... normal things you do at the beach, and a thought crosses my mind.

So I turn to her and say "You're never allowed to right our initials in the sand"

After looking at me like I had 3 heads for about 10 seconds, she busted out laughing...

My initial is S... hers is M....

Different strokes, I guess.  I'd write that on the beach, carve it in picnic tables, maybe get somebody to pull one of those banners behind a plane...

• Like 2

Different strokes, I guess.  I'd write that on the beach, carve it in picnic tables, maybe get somebody to pull one of those banners behind a plane...

LOL... the comment was made more in jest... is she wants to shout it from the rooftops, I'm good with that...

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)