Forums are back in action! ×

Things that drive you absolutely bananas.

I know some radio host's daughter who's going to have daddy issues...actually, I hope he just doesn't have kids, since he doesn't believe in bonding with them.

Level 2 Furyan Ranger    You keep what you kill

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3
6.1 6.2 | Duolingo | Daily Fitocracy

Spoiler

Captain Hammer: Have I seen you at the gym?

Billy: [smiles] At the gym!

Captain Hammer: [to himself] I don't go to the gym, I'm just naturally like this...

I know some radio host's daughter who's going to have daddy issues...actually, I hope he just doesn't have kids, since he doesn't believe in bonding with them.

From what I've seen he's got 3, if true... God help em...

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Francesa isn't happy unless he is bashing/making fun of/bitching about someone.

Level 3 Wild Elf. Druid at heart, with an Adventurer's soul.

STR4 | DEX2 | STA4 | CON7 | WIS7 | CHA5

Challenges: 1st2nd, 3rd | Current: --

*After a long hiatus, I am back and ready to work on myself!

LOSE 70LBS

Spoiler

"If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter;

for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans."

Desiderata, Max Ehrmann

I think it's worse on country roads when you get some IDIOT who is petrified of the corners and drives through all the twisty section at 35-40mph, but then floors it as soon as they reach a straight, preventing any of the poor chumps who've been stuck behind said numpty from overtaking.

That doesn't just cause road rage, unfortunately it causes accidents too... :(

• Like 2

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

This is all too typical: stupid things stealing your gainz.

I've tried to get strong several times already and when I make some progress I always seem to hurt something, get sick or have to randomly go on a trip and be away from the gym for a month and lose most of the progress I've managed to make. 

That's a big reason why I've officially claimed conditioning as a second goal - at least I can keep myself conditioned no matter what.

[ Babby's Ferst Challenge ]

Veganism killed my gainz

Chasing 15 rep 2xBW deadlift

What really drives me nuts: city traffic... the idiot that drives in front of me, every three seconds tapping the brake ever so lightly that his brake lights go on, but actually he isn't braking. In these moments, I know exyactly where road rage comes from...

I can say guilty on this one, only because big trucks take a long time to stop, and when city traffic gets crowded, people get stupid and you never know what someone is gonna do. :-)

I think it's worse on country roads when you get some IDIOT who is petrified of the corners and drives through all the twisty section at 35-40mph, but then floors it as soon as they reach a straight, preventing any of the poor chumps who've been stuck behind said numpty from overtaking.

How can you go through twisty sections at only 35??? That's the most fun part of a drive... especially if it's in the mountains...

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

How can you go through twisty sections at only 35??? That's the most fun part of a drive... especially if it's in the mountains...

Tourists... :(  We actually have road signs that say "Police Notice - Use passing places to allow queues to clear"  but it doesn't work.

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

We don't have much of a problem with that here. Because our roads are so damn straight.

• Like 1

Race: Ferret | Class: Assassin | Level: 4 | STR: 6  DEX: 3  STA: 1  CON: 5  WIS: 7  CHA: 3

Battle Log | Challenges: 1, 2, 3

Tourists... :(  We actually have road signs that say "Police Notice - Use passing places to allow queues to clear"  but it doesn't work.

Even then... I show up as a tourist, and end up on a curvy road... I'm abusing the hell outta that pedal. Throw hills into the mix, and lets just say I'm not allowed to drive if my fiance or her family are gonna be with me, and they're the ones that lived in the mountains.

I can understand tourists going slow here, I can see my house from Miami and the curviest roads are the on-ramps to the highway.

My first challenge

Shortening words that were never meant to be shortened...

Totes for totally, 

Def for definitely. 

Etc...

And text speak... Oooooh, text speak fucking SENDS me! Is it REALY that hard to hit the ONE EXTRA letter to turn 2 into to?!?!?! Or is your time at such a premium that you have good reason to short are to r?!?

On the subject of to... Is knowing the difference between two, too and to too much to ask?? Or there, their they're for that matter!?

Oh, and hashtags! Fuck hashtags! 

• Like 4

On the subject of to... Is knowing the difference between two, too and to too much to ask?? Or there, their they're for that matter!?

Didn't we have a "rant thread" about this before....?
  • Like 1

When driving to work or driving home from work, I really hate it when you're cruising along and in front of you is another car (which is fine) and there's enough space between you two. Then some jack arse thinks "Hey there's enough room for me!", they'll indicate for a split second before swinging themselves into that tiny space. For good measure, they'll throw on the brakes too, because they realised they're too damn close to the person they're now behind.

My workmate and I call this person "that guy", e.g. "Man he's being that guy." 

• Like 2

I love my gym and my trainers... 

With that being said: STOP ASKING ME IF I AM OK. 

I'm already killing myself to get through this circuit but I'm still breathing and I'm not puking or crying... and every. single. time. you ask me if I'm ok you break my concentration and make it THAT MUCH HARDER to push through. Yes, I'm fat. Yes, I'm out of shape. But dude, I got this. 

• Like 2

There is a road, no simple highway,
Between the dawn and the dark of night,
And if you go no one may follow,
That path is for your steps alone.

Respawn. | #1 | Current Challenge.

"Why do you have your signal on?" D'Wife asked once as we were flying up the NJ Turnpike

"I don't like being behind this guy," I explained,  "so I'm changing lanes"

"Where are you going?"

"Over there"

"there's no space over there"

"Not yet, but observing the relationship between the cars over there, their relative speed and by doing some simple calcs in my head, I should have just enough room .... right ... about ... about ... about now"

Lane change completed and we pass the car that was buggin me

"Don't do that again" she scolded

"Don't look next time"

I've threatened to blindfold her while driving multiple times. Which is odd to me since she's ran into a parked car, and I've yet to have an accident. I know my time is coming though, play the game long enough and all that, but I should be the one freaking out while she's driving.

My first challenge

Oh dear. This is turning into a "women drivers" thread. You guys better watch out, us girls might gang up on you.... It could get nasty.

I'll just hop in my truck and drive off...

My first challenge

YES. You can hardly drive through my town in the summer because of ferry traffic. Or right now, tulip traffic!

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

Going with the driving thing,

Log trucks going through our Main Street doing more than 50 km/h, our speed though town should be 50, I reckon some of these buggers are doing at least 60-70 km/h at times, judging by distance and speed to reach a certain point. Just an accident waiting to happen, yet where are the poepoe? Catching old ladies rolling through stop signs, ( my Mother too Insanity ).

Wait! What............?