Forums are back in action! ×

What made you smile today?

"I'll be back...."

.....eventually. I've just been so sick, I've been in Super Hermit Mode. I was feeling pretty good today though, and had a bit of fun by phoning my bf's office (through the switchboard so he wouldn't see the number) and saying "Hello, is that Colin Manson? This is Jane from the sexual health clinic, I'm phoning about your test results..."

Hehehe!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

I don't normally go for a run, but I have gone two days in a row now and have seen the same man hosing down his roof. I'm sure whatever he's doing has a purpose, but it makes me smile to think that he's just out there, watering his roof...

• Like 1

Level 2 Furyan Ranger    You keep what you kill

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3
6.1 6.2 | Duolingo | Daily Fitocracy

Spoiler

Captain Hammer: Have I seen you at the gym?

Billy: [smiles] At the gym!

Captain Hammer: [to himself] I don't go to the gym, I'm just naturally like this...

I don't normally go for a run, but I have gone two days in a row now and have seen the same man hosing down his roof. I'm sure whatever he's doing has a purpose, but it makes me smile to think that he's just out there, watering his roof...

How else do you think houses are made, if you go water yours, you could add another floor by the end of this year.

• Like 4

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

How else do you think houses are made, if you go water yours, you could add another floor by the end of this year.

That would be great! I've always resented that my house is 1 1/2 stories. Why not 2?!

Level 2 Furyan Ranger    You keep what you kill

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3
6.1 6.2 | Duolingo | Daily Fitocracy

Spoiler

Captain Hammer: Have I seen you at the gym?

Billy: [smiles] At the gym!

Captain Hammer: [to himself] I don't go to the gym, I'm just naturally like this...

Had a seizure a few minutes ago.

Might seem like a weird smile, but I looked it up and this is my first seizure in 14 months.  That is the longest time I've gone between seizures ever. So... yay small victory?

• Like 8

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

Had a seizure a few minutes ago.

Might seem like a weird smile, but I looked it up and this is my first seizure in 14 months. That is the longest time I've gone between seizures ever. So... yay small victory?

Congrats! Great to hear!

I was in a similar situation yesterday, I got asthmatic symptoms after cleaning every nook and cranny in my room (facing concentrated dust) and I ended up using the blue inhaler.

At first I was a little bummed, but it's the first attack I've had in over a year resorting to a blue inhaler. That's progress, especially considering it only happened under the worst environmental conditions...

And that all thanks to the amazing NF community helping get from zero to hero! [emoji4]

• Like 5

IntroductionBodyware: Fitness Journal

Challenge Belt: (1)(2)(3)(4), (5), (6), (7), [WOOT](8), [TEMP HIATUS], (9)

Bodyweight Info: Starting: 264.5lbs, Current: 167.8lbs (NEUTRAL)

IronGlider v2.10, Adventurer Rank: Level 8

"Quite a few years after the lion died, some of its remains were sent to a taxidermist to be mounted.

All that was left was the pelt and some bones. The taxidermist was not at all familiar with this animal called a lion.

So he did the best he could with what he had. There's always the possibility that alcohol was involved."

(http://mentalfloss.com/article/27487/lion-gripsholm-castle)

502swedishlionface.jpg

• Like 3

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

Oh man... watching this, and eating lunch is hazardous to your health....

Especially starting at 14:00, and watching up to the point Jeff reaches his "Aha" moment at 16:30

• Like 2

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

I'm pretty damn pleased that despite being stuck in the house, unable to do any exercise and not moving very much, I have officially maintained my weight (an all time low btw) for a whole fricking year!!!!!!!

Woohooooooo!!!!!!!

• Like 8

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

I'm pretty damn pleased that despite being stuck in the house, unable to do any exercise and not moving very much, I have officially maintained my weight (an all time low btw) for a whole fricking year!!!!!!!

Woohooooooo!!!!!!!

Winning-like-a-boss.jpg

• Like 2

My first challenge