Forums are back in action! ×

Internship Marvel

Holy smokes, I finally found the guts to email Marvel about an internship with them for directing!

*flails around, grinning* I'm so happy I asked them! Now all I have to do is wait for a reply and I

seriously hope they'll want to have me. I am sooooo hyperactive right now!

If this would work out, I would have the awesomest internship of the whole school! EVER! No one

will have a better internship than me, if this is going to work out. And if this is gonna work out, I'll

feel like a badass. For real. 

Also, if this is going to work out, I will have an extra good reason to lose weight and get fit. There 

will be long days as a director (and thus as a director's intern) and I want to blow them all away

with my awesomeness. Good reason, right?

But seriously GAWD I am so excited. I'm really rambling on. Sorry. (No I'm not sorry xD ) 

Oh, let me just copy the email I sent them. English is not my native language, so I seriously hope

I haven't made a mess out of this email and have been insulting them in one way or the other. >.>

Dear sir/madam,

with this email I would like to inquire after an internship with you, if possible with directing.

Please let me introduce myself. My name is [Name], I'm an animation student in the Netherlands, Europe, and I am very much interested in directing. I have chosen animation, because it will educate me most in storytelling and character design as well as storyboarding and teamwork. My dream is to become a film director and since I am slowly getting addicted to Marvel films I figured it would be a good idea to inquire about an internship with you.

Unfortunately the dates for the time we have to do an internship aren't known yet, (I hope to learn about them soon) but as I want to get the most out of if, if this were to go through, I am willing to give up my summer holiday as an addition to the term I should do an internship. The term I am supposed to do an internship is either from about April until June, or from August until October. I don't mind giving up my summer holidays, since it seems like fun and that would be like a holiday too, with the only difference being that I would be productive and learning things. 

I would also like to ask whether there are any requirements that I should meet.

Sincerely,
[Name]
  • Like 3

If you don't shoot, you'll miss by default.

Yea for 20 seconds of beastmode!! 

Congrats on being brave enough to try.  And who knows??  One of my students interns at Disney in the summer! 

Hope you get good news soon. 

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

Yea for 20 seconds of beastmode!! 

Congrats on being brave enough to try.  And who knows??  One of my students interns at Disney in the summer! 

Hope you get good news soon. 

Awesome that that student interns at Disney. I would be so honoured and happy if I would get accepted here. 

I also hope for good news and I suppose that the people at Marvel are easy to communicate. Otherwise they

wouldn't be able to make such fun comics and films, haha! ;) So I'm hoping for the best.

Yay for taking that giant step of emailing them!! I hope you get the internship, that would be an amazing one!!! My fingers and toes are crossed for you!

"You won't find your answers by looking to the stars. It's a journey you'll have to take by looking inside yourself. You must write your destiny..." Christopher Reeve as Dr. Virgil Swann

Current challenge

Old Challenges: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th9th, 10th11th, 12th, 13th, 14th

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Yay for taking that giant step of emailing them!! I hope you get the internship, that would be an amazing one!!! My fingers and toes are crossed for you!

*giggle* Even your toes. ^_^ Awesome, thank you. And yes, I hope I'll get it too. 

There's this saying in the Netherlands, which translates to "If you don't shoot, you'll miss by default", hence I've taken a shot at this. I'll see how it goes. :)

*flails some more*

"If you don't shoot, you'll miss by default"

How is this not a signature for you yet?  Very happy that you've taken that step and I hope for the best for you on this, Haku.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

How is this not a signature for you yet?  Very happy that you've taken that step and I hope for the best for you on this, Haku.  

What do you mean, a signature for me? I don't get it. Anyway, I'm also really happy that I took this step. :D Now I'll just have to wait.

You can go to your profile and add a signature.  Many put in their favorite quotes, links to their challenge threads or maybe even a picture of a bear riding a motorcycle.  Everything below the thin line 

I

v

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

You can go to your profile and add a signature.  Many put in their favorite quotes, links to their challenge threads or maybe even a picture of a bear riding a motorcycle.  Everything below the thin line 

I

v

Ah right. I get it. You >literally< meant a signature. I thought it was some kind of saying too. x'D Hahaha!

But it's a great idea. I think I will actually do that. :D Good idea, thanks. :)