Forums are back in action! ×

OK, what exercise makes you go Arrgghhh at the end and grin ear to ear when you hit a new PR? I thought about this myself and could not contain it to just one, so I divided into the following groups:

- Arms/chest: Bench press, ohh, it feels soooo good, and they are pretty "easy" to do with good form

- Arms/back: The Pull-up (but hopefully later this year, the muscle-up). Feels so natural and getting the feeling when you pull up the last bit with your chin is awesome (ok, I know this isn´t perfect form :) )

- Core: The Dragon flag, yummy for my tummy

- Legs:Squats! Just started doing these and I really like em

So whats your favourite(s)? (You don´t have to use the same groups as I have done)

Level 3: Ninja

Current Challenge with the Druids (Nov 2nd-dec 13th)

Every man I meet, is my superior in some way. In that, I learn of him. Emerson

Good Afternoon,

1. Thrusters that lead into a squat then back to the starting position. (Sorry don't know the name of the move itself.)

2. Brupee's

3. Running

• Like 1

Ave Atque Vale!

-The Soldier

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body." - Chairman Mao

"Self-respect is the fruit of discipline." - Abraham J. Heschel

"It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop." - Confucius

“Keep your blood clean, your body lean, and your mind sharp.†– Henry Rollins

“Tell the negative committee that meets inside your head to sit down and shut up.†- Ann Bradford

“Pray not for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.†– Bruce Lee

Snatch.  Clean & Jerk.

We are talking about exercises here, right?  /dirtymind

besides running, climbing; yes it's not a true exercise but it's a really good work out and puzzle combined

Climbing is a great workout!  I've only been able to go a few time, but I love it every time.

For me: Deadlifts.  I usually save them for last, and push myself pretty hard on them, but it feels great when I finish it! 

• Like 1

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Great answers!

Hmm, I only thought of gym-exercises when I made my list, but of course you can have other thing types as well. And if you do, I´m changing my answer to climbing :). But to be fair, maybe one should pick a favourite move (slab, pinch etc). In that case, PINCH (dreading the slabs)

When my legs heal up, running will probably be runner up (no pun intended)

• Like 1

hmmm favourite exercise? that is a toughie.

I'm loving the olympic lifts in crossfit the whole range is up there and I'm really driven to improve them.

I'd say number one for me though is box jumps. Something about rocking it from day one with 24" box and always being able to do one more.

• Like 1

Race: Undead Gnoll | Class: Ranger

[Level: 3 | STR 4 | DEX 2 | STA 4 | CON 4 | WIS 5 | CHA 4 ]

Intro: And Breath.. Challenges: #1,#2,#3(FAIL),#4

You don't drown by falling in the water, you drown by staying there.

-Edwin Louis Cole

A Noob-question (a bit OT, but since I started it, I rule it´s OK :) :

What is the difference between the "snatch" and "clean and jerk"? They seem to be pretty similar, only that the Snatch doesn't "stop". Are there different muscle groups at work, or what benefits does the C&J have before the Snatch?

A Noob-question (a bit OT, but since I started it, I rule it´s OK :) :

What is the difference between the "snatch" and "clean and jerk"? They seem to be pretty similar, only that the Snatch doesn't "stop". Are there different muscle groups at work, or what benefits does the C&J have before the Snatch?

They are similar, the main difference is that the snatch is a 1-part lift and the C&J is a 2-part lift. The snatch is executed with a wide grip from the floor straight to overhead and requires more technical precision, the C&J uses a narrower grip, puts the bar to the shoulder (the clean) and then drives it overhead (the jerk). It is more reliant on strength and bigger weights can be used in it.

Olympic lifters don't tend to think of them in terms of muscles worked, or benefits as we tend to approach them as events in the sport we compete in. Other sports will use the lifts as part of their strength and conditioning, in which case the clean (with no jerk) is usually preferred because many people find it easier to learn and heavier weights can be used.

• Like 1

I love swimming for general exercise, sadly our pool is only open 5 months of the year.

Swimming, does that work? 

I love the water, it's a good exercise and it's less wear and tear on the body. 

I'll second these as well, though I must say I really prefer diving over swimming. Especially if there's a proper springboard available.  

• Like 1

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™