Forums are back in action! ×

wow, roleplaying to lose weight?

Yes, I think I will!

Hi, you may call me Murra. I am an avid roleplayer on yahoo, or I was until two years ago when kid #3 blessed my family with his arrival. Since then I have been struggling with weight loss. Off and on again dieting had been ruining my fun and dragging me down in spirit. This past April I decided to try suppliments as a way of kick starting my new attempt at loosing weight. The only thing I got out of it was the jitters and a few ultra bad migraines.

What's a girl to do? I thought. Well, I did what I usually do when I am wits end about something. I researched. I took what I knew from my previous attempts and went a few steps further. I cut out processed foods, turned to a more natural diet, and I started walking A LOT. 22 lbs down in two months isn't bad, right?

Then came the road block, and a few small obsticles. I platued in June. I have been hovering around the same few pounds since school left out for my older children. I went back to the drawing board, and did some more research -- and that's how I came across NF.

I was completely floored. Its the kind of happy excited that makes you want to squeel like GIR. I couldn't pass up the idea of the place given my love of pretending I am a fictitous person in a galaxy far far away so I decided to just stop in, sign up and say "Hai there!"

Btw, sorry for the super long intro. I didn't want it to be so long, it just got out of my control. :-) thanks for reading!

-M.T.

Hey there Murra!

Welcome to the rebellion!

•      Awful                                                          Not so good                                                                          Getting better                                                        Super Stud                                       He-Man                                  Artie Strongest                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              man.... In The World
  • 61%
    61%
  • Valerius the level 2 Human

STR 3|DEX 3|CON 2|STA 3|WIS 2|CHA 2

Current challenge

•  
  • " If you think you can do a thing or you can't do a thing, you're right."
  • - Henry Ford

hey Murra, i'm just getting back on track myself . i can't wait for the first challenge and i hope it gives you the inspiration to start dropping those pounds again!

Level 2 Wood Elf, Adventuring for Ranger status

STR 4 | DEX 2 | STA 1.75 | CON 1.75 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

71.6%
71.6%

> 65kg

0%
0%

100 days crisp free

Welcome, Murra!  Isn't the approach here awesome?  I had about the same reaction as you: "Role-playing to get in shape?  SIGN ME UP!"  22lbs in two months is amazing, and you're clearly not lacking in motivation.  I'm sure you're going to do great.  :strawberry:

Best of luck in your endeavors!

?current challenge?

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

Welcome Murra.  I came upon NF in the same manner as you.  The more I looked around the more excited I got.  You've done great so far.  Looking forward to seeing you in the first challenge. 

Good Luck!

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Hey guys! Thanks for the warm welcome! I can't wait to dig into my first challenge! Btw, how did you guys get the niffty tracking graph bars in your sigs?

when you go into settings > signature one of the buttons above the text box will look like a small blue bar, when you hover over it it will say "progress bar" and from there you enter the number and colour you want displayed.

Level 2 Wood Elf, Adventuring for Ranger status

STR 4 | DEX 2 | STA 1.75 | CON 1.75 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

71.6%
71.6%

> 65kg

0%
0%

100 days crisp free