Forums are back in action! ×

The Downsides of Fitness

This. When my daughter starts nursery I'll be free to do stuff for a couple of hours 3x a week. I'm going to hit the gym. But then, when will I go back to kung fu? Go back to my singing group? Take up archery, like I dreamed of?

I'll need to stop doing lazy shit like sleeping :D

Also yeah, on the boobs. I was a D cup in my teens. Now I'm an A, if that   -______-

Same here, minus the daughter part.  I have no idea what I'd do with a kid.  I already feel like I'm being pulled in 27 different directions.  So, yea, time management is definitely the biggest change.

Also, my boobs grew a little.  Thank you International Chest Day!  (I'm a guy, so don't worry, this is a joke)

• Like 1

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Downfalls of fitness... umm... I guess that I have to accept I can't eat all the foodz.  Forcing myself to take responsibility for my diet and actually eat cleaner.  But man... I some times miss the days of just ordering Dominos all the time and convincing myself that I would be fine.  :P

socks, so many socks...... especially if you work out more than once a day, somedays I can go through 3 pair of socks a day, morning work out, work/daily, lunch work out; and forget trying to match them, they all live in a basket and get match as needed

1 word.  Vibrams.  :)  Just gotta wash those like once a month or so... although they do get pretty ripe. 

time management.

between regular fitness, paleo cooking, work and hygiene I don't have the time for running, music, tai chi, atl atl/dart propulsor systems, or even reading!

it'll get better in the winter.

See, I might agree that it's harder to find time for stuff.  But if I wasn't working out, I'd fill that time with watching a TV show, or playing a game, or something else less productive to my overall life.

Biggest problem, pants that fit around my waist simply refuse to fit around my upper legs. Shirts that fit around my chest and shoulders look like a potato sack from the chest down. Also most of my polo shirts are at the limit around my upper arms. Fairly soon I will have to stop wearing boxers as they are getting tighter and tighter around my legs and to loose around the waist.

This.

My boxer briefs left rings around my thigh flesh. The shirts that fit my chest and shoulders fall down almost to my knee. Oh, and when I buy shirts with the right length, I have to round my shoulders or risk shooting a button at someone's face.

I used to walk close to walls just to be out of people's way, and now I constantly scrape and bump into one.

My close friend used to punch my arm lovingly. Now she stopped doing it because she hurt her hand doing that.  

• Like 3

Have you tried the second hand shops? I've scored clothes originally worth over hundreds of dollars for the change in my wallet. xD

I went to my local thrift shop yesterday and found 2 pairs of Liz Claiborne shorts and a pair of Columbia hiking shorts.  Total price for all 3: $15.  Score!!!

Funnily enough, I don't find time management to be too much of a problem.  (Then again, I love a good schedule and thrive on routine, so maybe that's why I see a very structured, busy day as more of a positive.)

My biggest issue is that I seem to be at the grocery store ALL THE TIME.  Since I'm eating mostly meat & veggies these days, I end up going grocery shopping at least twice a week.  Of course, I'm cooking all the time too, but I see that as another plus.  :-)

• Like 1

The only time I've had success finding nice stuff at our closest thrift shop was when I went and found my own stuff on the rack. We had dropped off several bags a couple of weeks prior to my visit and apparently hit the store at the right time to find it all on the rack. The clothes no longer fit so, no, I did not buy them back.

My biggest issue is that I seem to be at the grocery store ALL THE TIME.  Since I'm eating mostly meat & veggies these days, I end up going grocery shopping at least twice a week.  Of course, I'm cooking all the time too, but I see that as another plus.  :-)

I feel like I am cutting up vegetables all the time. Makes me think of Dana Carvey.

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

DOMS and working on your feet all day.

DOMS and getting up and down off the toilet. 

DOMS and everything. xD

• Like 4

Stonie

They/Them

Currently reading: Good Omens by Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman

Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox)

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

Drinking-water-side-effects.jpg

This, this, this.  I am forever running to the bathroom.  I hope the people I work with don't think I have a bladder problem or anything...

For me, it's the sweat.  Any time my heart rate goes up, my body thinks I'm going on a run or something and I end up all sweaty from just taking the stairs.  Almost makes me want to take the elevator.  Almost.

• Like 2

6th kyu in Aikido

I write stuff in my spare time

I love Star Trek

Bruises. Remembered that one this morning. Always with the mystery bruises.

This. All the time. I'll wake up and look at my arm/leg and wonder "huh. Where did this bruise come from?"

Also the boobs thing. 

And the water/pee thing.

• Like 1

Level 4, Amazon Ranger

Current Challenge:  NicBot-5000 enters Recovery Mode

Previous Challenges: 12, 3,  4, 5, 6

PRE REBOOT CHALLENGES: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Various links and sundry: Battle log, Respawn post

Being 6'6", shopping for clothes sucks in general, but I find shirts to be particularly bad.  No, "tall" sizes don't cut it in my case.  They might address the sleeve length issue, but that's only half the problem.  If I buy a shirt that fits my upper chest/shoulders, it's way too baggy around my waist/midsection.  If I buy a shirt that fits my lower torso well, I'm probably going to pop a button/rip something because it won't fit my shoulders.  Shirts are generally cut for "average" (read: not athletic, possibly slightly overweight) builds, and most are utterly terrible fits for those of us with athletic builds.

Short of getting a shirt custom-tailored to my dimensions, I have to settle for half-assed compromises most of the time.

"Restlessness is discontent - and discontent is the first necessity of progress. Show me a thoroughly satisfied man-and I will show you a failure." -Thomas Edison

This, this, this. I am forever running to the bathroom. I hope the people I work with don't think I have a bladder problem or anything...

For me, it's the sweat. Any time my heart rate goes up, my body thinks I'm going on a run or something and I end up all sweaty from just taking the stairs. Almost makes me want to take the elevator. Almost.

I am so with you on the sweat thing. I even think of a workout and I start to sweat. I'm sweating now typing this and I'm standing just outside a damn freezer. Wtf???

Not being able to stay out late because I have to run first thing in the morning before it gets too hot. :/

And always having to go to the bathroom, ofc.

• Like 1

Vicki | Sheikah Bard | Level 13

STR 32.5 | DEX 51.1 | STA 25.5 | CON 37.1 | WIS 26.0 | CHA 31.3

blkhoe24601 Gains the Power to Revolutionize the World

Past Challenges: 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13

2016 Battle Log

Being 6'6", shopping for clothes sucks in general, but I find shirts to be particularly bad.  No, "tall" sizes don't cut it in my case.  They might address the sleeve length issue, but that's only half the problem.  If I buy a shirt that fits my upper chest/shoulders, it's way too baggy around my waist/midsection.  If I buy a shirt that fits my lower torso well, I'm probably going to pop a button/rip something because it won't fit my shoulders.  Shirts are generally cut for "average" (read: not athletic, possibly slightly overweight) builds, and most are utterly terrible fits for those of us with athletic builds.

Short of getting a shirt custom-tailored to my dimensions, I have to settle for half-assed compromises most of the time.

Preach it!  I'm 6'4" and my bro-in-law is 6'7".  Both of us share this problem as well.  You hit the nail on the head.  Most companies tailor their shirts to overweight lazy people.  :(

• Like 1

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Preach it!  I'm 6'4" and my bro-in-law is 6'7".  Both of us share this problem as well.  You hit the nail on the head.  Most companies tailor their shirts to overweight lazy people.   :(

Truth. My husband is 6'3", wide shoulders and skinny. Dress shirts are so hard to find. He is not 'big" (read overweight) and tall, he is just tall. 

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Ive gotten very good at building my style around clothes that will never fit. That said its a little more common for a girl to show her forearms in a half-cuffed shirt or calves in cuffed pants, so i guess i can be a bit more creative.

• Like 2

It's the moose on the inside that counts.

Having to explain to my parents with whom I share livingspace, that I'm going out to exercise.  Why am I never home?  Because when I am home, all I do is coop myself up in my bedroom.  I'm going out, to get exercise, meet people, and not get diabetes.

• Like 2

"Impossible is not a fact, it's an opinion.  Impossible is not a declaration, it's a dare.  Impossible is potential, impossible is temporary, impossible is NOTHING." -Muhammad Ali

"The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision." -Hellen Keller

Ferocity (2),  2 Becoming Capable, Becoming a Ranger

Preach it!  I'm 6'4" and my bro-in-law is 6'7".  Both of us share this problem as well.  You hit the nail on the head.  Most companies tailor their shirts to overweight lazy people.   :(

Truth. My husband is 6'3", wide shoulders and skinny. Dress shirts are so hard to find. He is not 'big" (read overweight) and tall, he is just tall. 

6'4" here.  Couple that with having thick thighs and no pants fit.  Ever.  EVAR.

Shirts that fit the torso ok are short in the sleeve.  Fit in the sleeve?  Looks like a garbage bag on me.  Argh!

• Like 1

level 4 Gnoll warrior
STR 6|DEX 5|STA 4|CON 5|WIS 5|CHA 2

Building a better Raev, part 1.

Goal: working set of 350# squat, 235# bench, 370# deadlift, 15% or lower BF%

Fix slight pelvic tilt, reinforce lower back to help disc issue