Forums are back in action! ×

Challenge YOUR body image.

there was a whole thread on the nerdfitness academy facebook page that was basically about boobs... one girl posted a pic of her abs with some fairly obvious underboob showing... which then sparked a thread of so many posts (like maybe 30 women?? maybe more) all taking a pic to show off their abs and underboobs or just plain boobs...

I actually felt comfortable enough to participate :D and when I look at that picture?? I can't believe how tiny my hands look... how NORMAL my boobs look... my belly (well I made sure that only my upper belly was in it) looks so little...

I am not quite ready to share that kind of pic in here... (the academy page is women only... and I am feeling kinda prudish about it) but the fact that I even TOOK a pic like that... and the fact that every timeI scroll through it in the academy feed (which since this thing has blown up with posts is QUITE often tonight) I smile... because I feel GOOD about that pic :)

eventually I am gonna look damn fine naked :D 

• Like 9

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

there ya go ;) 

and boobies :wub:

you're right.... 

I want to see boobs. Nothing to see there. Nope nothing

there's a lot to see... and more than just bewbs :P all kinds of belly and everything

Who doesn't? :)

right?

• Like 2

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Barfly you're such a perv :D

nothing wrong with that!

I like to think I have a healthy libido because of my fitness and eating habits :)

I like healthy libidos ;) 

I just wish I had someone to share mine with

Spoiler

I like to think I have a healthy libido because of my fitness and eating habits :)

nothing wrong with that!

I like healthy libidos ;) 

I just wish I had someone to share mine with

Barfly meet Alienjenn, Alienjenn meet Barfly...

*walks away*

• Like 5

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Sorry to break up this beautiful conversation, but I just made a startling realization. I am not skinny anymore.

I mean, I'm still very lean and have room to put on a few more pounds, but I spend my whole life either being actually underweight, or just looking goofily skinny and lanky while edging into the healthy range of BMI. Apparently at a relatively lean (a few % higher than I want to be, but it's a work in progress) 215, that's not true anymore. It's weird. 

• Like 5

What am I chopped liver?

Spoiler

Sorry to break up this beautiful conversation, but I just made a startling realization. I am not skinny anymore.

I mean, I'm still very lean and have room to put on a few more pounds, but I spend my whole life either being actually underweight, or just looking goofily skinny and lanky while edging into the healthy range of BMI. Apparently at a relatively lean (a few % higher than I want to be, but it's a work in progress) 215, that's not true anymore. It's weird.

It takes a LOOOONG time to fully get over this. I haven't been crazy skinny in over 10 years, first becoming fat and then muscular. I still slip into skinny mindset on occasion. In a way, looking in mirrors helps to fend this off.

I think former skinny guy syndrome is MUCH harder to get rid of than former fat guy syndrome. Between being fat and not fat, you feel quite a bit different, it is pretty noticeable day to day. OTOH, the difference between lean and athletic and skinny doesn't feel nearly as different, its much easier to forget.

• Like 1

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

It takes a LOOOONG time to fully get over this. I haven't been crazy skinny in over 10 years, first becoming fat and then muscular. I still slip into skinny mindset on occasion. In a way, looking in mirrors helps to fend this off.

I think former skinny guy syndrome is MUCH harder to get rid of than former fat guy syndrome. Between being fat and not fat, you feel quite a bit different, it is pretty noticeable day to day. OTOH, the difference between lean and athletic and skinny doesn't feel nearly as different, its much easier to forget.

It's a work in progress. I think there is a reason a lot of the big bodybuilder types come from skinny kid background. I know that I'm not skinny anymore basically because people tell me so. However, I still see myself in the mirror as skinny and underdeveloped. 

• Like 1

I don't know if this has already shown up in this thread somewhere... but it definitely belongs here. 

http://imperfectlife.net/ilovemyuglybody/

• Like 5

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

I don't know if this has already shown up in this thread somewhere... but it definitely belongs here. 

http://imperfectlife.net/ilovemyuglybody/

Prefect timing on this. I really needed it today. It's weird in how I can knock out a personal best on bench press but all I seem able to focus on is how bad I felt looking in the mirror.

"What doesn't kill me better start running", level 7 Furyan Assassin
My Journey From Fat to Fit: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|CURRENT

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

Just thought I'd share this fun comparison.

So I don't know how many of you know about Overwatch, but it's a new team-based shooter game coming out soon, and there is the character named Zarya, who is like pure muscle. ANYWAY, I realized that we have the same size arms. Sure, mine is 99% fat, but the size is the same. (I have always been super self-concious about my arms, never wearing tanks etc.) 

But yeah, realizing this made me feel a bit better about my arms. Now I just need to work on swapping that fat for muscle! 

CaBN6XN.jpg

vk3Jrel.gif

Also, real life arm goals, for those who prefer actual people instead of video game characters as fitness inspo hahaha. 

I don't know if my arms will ever get that large muscle wise (though it would be amazing if I could achieve that) but I feel a bit better about wearing tank tops while working out. :D

• Like 10

Just thought I'd share this fun comparison.

So I don't know how many of you know about Overwatch, but it's a new team-based shooter game coming out soon, and there is the character named Zarya, who is like pure muscle. ANYWAY, I realized that we have the same size arms. Sure, mine is 99% fat, but the size is the same. (I have always been super self-concious about my arms, never wearing tanks etc.) 

But yeah, realizing this made me feel a bit better about my arms. Now I just need to work on swapping that fat for muscle! 

CaBN6XN.jpg

vk3Jrel.gif

Also, real life arm goals, for those who prefer actual people instead of video game characters as fitness inspo hahaha. 

I don't know if my arms will ever get that large muscle wise (though it would be amazing if I could achieve that) but I feel a bit better about wearing tank tops while working out. :D

You need to sue for likeness!!   :playful:

• Like 2

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr