Forums are back in action! ×

18 hours ago, mightstone2k said:

Hard or soft?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These, these are the important questions right here!!!

2 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

The TV behind me had a show on that included Shaolin (looking) monks, a wizard, a samurai, a robot, and an ancient temple. My command of Vietnamese is weak, but I had a hard time from keeping my head swiveled behind me to watch. It looked like a serial I may have to go back next week.

ETA: The hot & sour soup tasted impossibly sweet. It didn't make sense to me until I figured that 19 days without sweets has altered my perspective.

Oh.  If you find out what show this is please advise.  It sounds up my alley~

It's so wild what not regularly having sweets does to your taste!!  I can't drink any kind of soda now unless it's seriously watered down.  Blech.

• Like 1

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

On 20/01/2017 at 11:02 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

I don't know what I would do either. I'm sure every generation has said this, but behavior and manners are getting so much worse. 

I could never be a teacher just because of behaviour issues.  I'm also so glad I didn't grow up in the age of mobile phones - yes, I got forgotten in places a few times but I think the downsides are huge.

On January 20, 2017 at 5:47 PM, mightstone2k said:

Hard or soft?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:) you fit right in.  I'm glad you found my thread. 

On January 20, 2017 at 6:29 PM, Elastigirl said:

Way to go on the eating! Hopefully Slothbelly will soon only be a distant memory

Thanks.  It's been really nice not have any issues. Gluten-free is unsustainable. I truly hope that I don't have problems when I go back to it. 

On January 20, 2017 at 10:50 PM, Marauder said:

Soft. 

this makes me a bit sad actually. Tacos should be savored. 

Many years ago I was in a sauerkraut eating contest. Fastest person to eat a 2# can. About halfway through most of looked around at each like like wtf am I doing?  

On January 21, 2017 at 11:16 AM, Bearlee said:

Here is how my brain works. You say you are doing pirate yoga, and you say you're doing DDP yoga, so therefore DDP is a pirate. Mind blown. Great to hear about the clean eating. Told you you bring up the average.

Okay, he's grizzled and gnarled, he wears a doo rag, he has a raspy voice that shouts out, "yaaarg" a lot.  You can't tell me he's not a pirate. 

On January 21, 2017 at 0:02 PM, shaar said:

Oh.  If you find out what show this is please advise.  It sounds up my alley~

It's so wild what not regularly having sweets does to your taste!!  I can't drink any kind of soda now unless it's seriously watered down.  Blech.

Daily kim chi has also altered my perspective of what spicy is.

Like I didn't try to look up that show. I was hoping I could catch up on YouTube.  The problem is there are several Vietnamese TV stations that broadcast in the states and there's also a wifi box that broadcasts actual Vietnamese channels into your TV.  I couldn't begin to figure out what the show was. 

On January 21, 2017 at 5:02 PM, Fonzico said:

Hey! Look at that - the clean eating and yoga are actually doing what they're supposed to. Gratifying when discipline is rewarding, eh?

The problem is now I have to keep eating clean and doing Yoga. :(

8 hours ago, LouCarJo said:

I could never be a teacher just because of behaviour issues.  I'm also so glad I didn't grow up in the age of mobile phones - yes, I got forgotten in places a few times but I think the downsides are huge.

The behavior problems aren't the things you think about when you contemplate becoming a teacher, but it's what consumes you.  

• Like 4

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

1/20/17 Saturday

It was a good day. The missus and Slothgirl went to the Woman's March giving Slothboy and me a day alone together. After dance class we went to a kid's engineering museum and spent hours there. It was fun, but I don't know how repeatable it is so I didn't get a membership. The rest of the day was pretty chill.  My ADD is off the charts again.  I don't know why, but I'm super spacey. 

Training: 33 minutes DDP Yoga.  No other training; I couldn't train in the cluttered basement because I was so distracted so I picked it up instead. 

Eating: Still gluten free and all that, but I had a bit of a cheat.  I had two gigantic bowls of rice crispies (so about half a box) and faux milk.  Not a bad cheat, but it's a lot of simple carbs that I was avoiding. 

1/21/17 Sunday

It was a good day. Lazy morning.  Slothgirl and I ran some errands. We ran in to one of her besties who wanted to make an art sled too so we showed her ours which was still in the back of the rig and I told them how I made it.  They ended up making a penguin sled too. Mrs. Sloth was pissed that they copied us. Slothgirl and I reinforced ours with about a whole roll of strapping tape and spray painted it. We're going to have another few days of melting weather so it looks like we'll be riding it down a grassy hill.

I spent the rest of the afternoon clearing out our bedroom. We're having a contractor knock down the wall in between the bedroom and the useless closet, do some minor renovations, and fix our leaky chimney.

Training: none, mental break day. Brain still feels broken. I think I'll talk to the doc about upping the dose of my ADD meds. 

Eating: on point. 

• Like 6

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Could it be that your still dealing with insomnia hangover?  Forgive me that I can't remember sloth belly protocols but is caffeine banned?  Our son's ADD is pretty well managed but a jolt of caffeine seems to get him back on the rails when things get off kilter.  We don't generally keep soda etc around and he doesn't like coffee much so it still has a decent effect for him. 

• Like 2

Rangering since Sept 2015

On 1/21/2017 at 9:35 AM, Sloth the Enduring said:

ETA: The hot & sour soup tasted impossibly sweet. It didn't make sense to me until I figured that 19 days without sweets has altered my perspective.

I very much have had that happen a few times.  First when I gave up soda.  Now, that tastes way too sweet.  And for a bit after the last Whole 30 it was very much like that.  Crazy stuff how our bodies adapt.

23 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I have to be honest, nine times out of ten the reason I don't train is the rabbit hole of videos like this.

How the hell did the bike get on there in the first place?!  

On 1/18/2017 at 1:56 PM, shaar said:

(psa: it's not really talk like a pirate day.  sigh.  someday.)

On 1/18/2017 at 10:51 PM, Big_Show said:

September. We shall be ready.

The fact that you all know this makes me so proud.

On 1/19/2017 at 8:46 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

Eating: Still on point. 18 days is a world record for eating clean. 

Awesome!

On 1/20/2017 at 8:32 AM, Marauder said:

It's good to have goals.  The world record for eating tacos is 103 in 8 minutes. :D 

Sloth. You know it is our destiny to beat this, right? 

Imagine the training nom nom nom

Also, since you're doing DPP yoga you have seen this, yes? This guy worked with DPP for his recovery.

• Like 5

the year of living trippily

Final Boss, Part 2    Boss, Part 1  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

15 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

We're going to have another few days of melting weather so it looks like we'll be riding it down a grassy hill.

Well, now that just screams of future YouTube videos of muddy people falling down a hill :P

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

19 hours ago, Marauder said:

I just couldn't adore you more. :) 

*blush*. The funny thing is, Mrs. Sloth says it was the one time she was embarrassed by me.  Which isn't true, she's been embarrassed by me plenty. This contest took place in a tiny town way out on the prairie. When they announced the contestants and said I was from the big city everyone booed. It was one of my prouder moments. 

19 hours ago, Marauder said:

Could it be that your still dealing with insomnia hangover?  Forgive me that I can't remember sloth belly protocols but is caffeine banned?  Our son's ADD is pretty well managed but a jolt of caffeine seems to get him back on the rails when things get off kilter.  We don't generally keep soda etc around and he doesn't like coffee much so it still has a decent effect for him. 

That certainly could be.  Insomnia is chronic for me, I'm always dealing with at least a bit of sleep deprivation. I'm sure it's a factor with everything wrong with me. 

Coffee has has a calming affect on me. It helps me focus some, but I'd have to take a big dose for it to be clinically helpful. 

Theres nothing to forgive my dear, I wouldn't expect anyone to keep track of everything about me.  Well, maybe @Bearlee, but he keeps a spreadsheet. 

7 hours ago, Rooks said:

I very much have had that happen a few times.  First when I gave up soda.  Now, that tastes way too sweet.  And for a bit after the last Whole 30 it was very much like that.  Crazy stuff how our bodies adapt.

How the hell did the bike get on there in the first place?!  

I didn't expect my taste buds to change so fast. I'm curious, if I had a doughnut would it be terrible or even better?

It seems to be somewhere in Britian where landholders have to allow walkers across their properties. I'm guessing they walked through a pedestrian gate and tried to pass the bike over the fence. 

7a9fc89a0729d60fb71a792ee029b654.jpg

Like this maybe. 

5 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

The fact that you all know this makes me so proud.

Awesome!

Sloth. You know it is our destiny to beat this, right? 

Imagine the training nom nom nom

Also, since you're doing DPP yoga you have seen this, yes? This guy worked with DPP for his recovery.

"Imagine the training"?!? I thought we were already training for this. 

Yeah, I saw that a long time ago and have been intrigued ever since. He's one of the participants in the videos. I wish I had bought the videos then, it's helpful. 

3 hours ago, jstanlick said:

Well, now that just screams of future YouTube videos of muddy people falling down a hill

:) I'll see if I can get Mrs. Sloth to film us. 

• Like 5

1/23/17 Monday

It's been a good day.  I forgot how hard last year's students were on my equipment and had to use my emergency Plan B (Bill Nye video and worksheet). I always feel lame when I do that sort of thing. The kids liked it though because it's Bill Nye and the expectations are clear.  

We had an emergency union meeting after school about behavior. The president of the union said she brought up the specter of a sick out to the superintendent.  I have no idea how this is going to play out, but I'd guess my life will get harder before it might get better.  In general I'm very pro-Union, but I've never thought much of my particular union. I'm at circus class with Slothboy and right now and that's going to use up the rest of my day.

I bought "Pain Free" by Egoscue at @Lightening's suggestion. It's kind of a DIY PT manual. I'll start giving it a try tomorrow. 

Training: 22 minutes DDP Yoga.  I'd like to do something else after I get the kids to bed, but I'm usually dead to the world at that point. 

Eating: On point.

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Training: 22 minutes DDP Yoga.  I'd like to do something else after I get the kids to bed, but I'm usually dead to the world at that point. 

Given your chronic insomnia, I'd say let sleep take priority.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

10 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Theres nothing to forgive my dear, I wouldn't expect anyone to keep track of everything about me.  Well, maybe @Bearlee, but he keeps a spreadsheet. 

Hmm haven't thought about that, might be a good idea. I just have an uncanny talent for remembering odd details and you have some of the oddest. Speaking of which, any more pantless yoga in a darkened room at school?

16 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

Teared up at this a little, then went down a DDP rabbit hole watching other DDP videos. I may have to give this DDP yoga thing a look.

Viking Adventurer

Battle Log: Bearlee is ...

On January 23, 2017 at 5:49 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Given your chronic insomnia, I'd say let sleep take priority.

You'll glad to know I went to bed early and got some solid sleep. 

On January 24, 2017 at 4:09 AM, Bearlee said:

Hmm haven't thought about that, might be a good idea. I just have an uncanny talent for remembering odd details and you have some of the oddest. Speaking of which, any more pantless yoga in a darkened room at school?

I don't feel odd?  Hmmm, did I really take my pants off?  That would have been a while ago. Last year I was so beat down I just sat in the dark and tried not to cry. I haven't gotten back into the train at lunch habit. I should; it'd help the ADD. I have all the gear there, there's no reason not to. 

1/24/17 Tuesday

It was a good day. I'm feeling awkward having a contractor in the house. I'm not sure what the social protocols are. Yesterday Slothgirl stayed home sick and I had to run home at prep/lunch so Mrs. Sloth could run into work to prepare stuff for her sub.  That meant I had to work after-school which cut into the training time. 

Training: E-cises for the back. These hurt, bad, because my body is stiff and not pliable. DDP Red Hot Core, this also hurt bad because I always ignore my abs. I'm starting to feel anxious about not doing anything except stuff for my back. I view this as a go slow to go fast later, but I really need to ramp it up fast. 

Eating: on point. 24 days, 7 to go. I had zoodles again last night. I must be past the noodle cravings because I didn't feel deprived. I still don't think they're that good though. 

ETA: I'm gonna be a suck and not get any training in today. Eating is on point though.

• Like 10

Do it! If you already have the equipment why not? Nice to have someone remind you of things you've done before. Though I should have mentioned in my previous post that even though I'm maybe your number one stalker, even I can't keep track of Sloth-belly protocols. As far as I can remember anything that sounds delicious is bad for you.

• Like 3

Viking Adventurer

Battle Log: Bearlee is ...

On 1/22/2017 at 9:14 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

Okay, he's grizzled and gnarled, he wears a doo rag, he has a raspy voice that shouts out, "yaaarg" a lot.  You can't tell me he's not a pirate.

Sounds like a stand-up guy. Just sayin'.

15 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

It was a good day. I'm feeling awkward having a contractor in the house. I'm not sure what the social protocols are. 

Social protocols for contractors mean you greet them when they arrive and when they are finishing up for the day, but otherwise ignore them unless they're a personal friend or they need access to something that you haven't already agreed to. Contractors are there to get their work done and anything else is an interruption. The one or two times I hired a contractor instead of doing the jobs myself, it was kind of nice because I didn't have to pretend to socialize.

• Like 2

Rebel Scum Current Challenge

6 hours ago, EricMN said:

Social protocols for contractors mean you greet them when they arrive and when they are finishing up for the day, but otherwise ignore them unless they're a personal friend or they need access to something that you haven't already agreed to. Contractors are there to get their work done and anything else is an interruption. The one or two times I hired a contractor instead of doing the jobs myself, it was kind of nice because I didn't have to pretend to socialize.

Fortunately sloth does not seem like a very social person. lol

• Like 3

Current Challenge 

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
Diet is 80% of losing weight, exercise is 80% of motivation.

The only thing I am 100% sure of is my ability to be wrong.

19 hours ago, Bearlee said:

Do it! If you already have the equipment why not? Nice to have someone remind you of things you've done before. Though I should have mentioned in my previous post that even though I'm maybe your number one stalker, even I can't keep track of Sloth-belly protocols. As far as I can remember anything that sounds delicious is bad for you.

I took your advice. I set my alarm to tell me to do push-ups/rows/curls at the three times a day where I always have freedom to do something - right before the kids get there, at the start of lunch, and right after the buses leave. 

I have the palate of a child; if it isn't pizza, tacos, spaghetti, cheeseburgers, or fried chicken I'm not that interested in it unless it's ice cream or doughnuts. Slothbelly protocols might as well be everything delicious. Officially it's no dairy, no fried foods, and no sugar.  No dairy is the only one I've had long-term success avoiding. 

5 hours ago, EricMN said:

Solid advice.  There's a bit of a complication in that our daughters went to school together and our wives know each other, but this guy likes to talk to strangers about as much as I do. So all I have to do say goodbye to him every day. 

This is the second time we've hired someone since I've moved in. Both times for something that's above my skill set and then some "as long as you're here" add-ons. The amazing thing is how fast they work. Seriously, they do more in half a day than I could do in a month of Saturdays.  It's worth the money just to actually get some stuff done for once. 

• Like 6

1/26/17 Thursday. 

It is a good day. It's the last day of the quarter. The kids had a cooperative quiz and we had a celebration. In my room I ran a Minute-To-Win-It game show. It was a blast. In a bit we're going to the Slothling's school for it's 100 year old birthday party dance. 

Trivia about Sloth: I was reminded of something about myself reading @deftona 's thread. I'm a leg and butt man, boobs just aren't that interesting to me. As I'm socially awkward, most, okay all of my girlfriends (not that many) had to chase me down (I don't know why either).  Almost all of them had a big chest. I mentioned this coincidence to one of them and she said, "well, you made eye contact when we met." Anyway...

Training: 30 minutes DDP Fat Burner. I graduated to the next workout. 3X10 strap push ups, 3X5 strap rows.  I'm going to do the e-cises after I post. 

Eating: on point. I have a bag of pulleys on my desk.  They look like a Ho Hos wrapper. I've been craving Ho Hos all day. I'll have to put them away tomorrow. 

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Trivia about Sloth: I was reminded of something about myself reading @deftona 's thread. I'm a leg and butt man, boobs just aren't that interesting to me. As I'm socially awkward, most, okay all of my girlfriends (not that many) had to chase me down (I don't know why either).  Almost all of them had a big chest. I mentioned this coincidence to one of them and she said, "well, you made eye contact when we met." Anyway...

I myself am a very big fan of boobs and I stare at them a lot. I would never have managed to hook up with any of your girlfriends I'm afraid. 

• Like 4

If it's not siesta or fiesta, I'm not interested. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

I myself am a very big fan of boobs and I stare at them a lot. I would never have managed to hook up with any of your girlfriends I'm afraid. 

:) I have no idea how to comment to this, but it's always a joy to read your posts.

• Like 4

Catching up on your thread. I guess it's been a while since I've checked in. That would be great if the DPP yoga helped your back. It would be so cool if next year at this same time, you were talking about how your back hadn't hurt in forever, and you no longer had slothbelly.

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27