Forums are back in action! ×

Spezzy

I googled "superheroes lifting weights" and on the first page was a picture of Spezzy. Seriously. That is all.

Confirmed...The first 2 links are her posts on here... that is all. :-)

• Like 3

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Now that I think about it I'm pretty sure that article popping up in my feed when it came out was how I found this rad place. Pretty cool to see it still inspiring people to pick up a bar and train.

Eat. Sleep. High bar squat. | Strength is a skill, refine it.
Follow my Weightlifting team's antics: Instagram | Facebook | Youtube
Looking for a strength program? Check out The Danger Method and remember to do your damn abs

Now that I think about it I'm pretty sure that article popping up in my feed when it came out was how I found this rad place. Pretty cool to see it still inspiring people to pick up a bar and train.

I list spezzy as my fitness hero. Her story was the specific catalyst that got me onto serious strength training. That is all.

I found it through something Steve did on Lifehacker, but reading the Spezzy article is what got me lifting. That is all.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Some 1 please post a link to this article. I would like to read it. Thanks

There are a couple of articles about, and by Spezzy.  These are the ones about her - I can look up the others if you like.

• Like 1

Bigs, just admit it...you're secretly jealous of spezzy. Spezz got me into Crossfit. I can't say she has pushed me into powerlifting because thats a combo of Bigs/Gainsdalf/Seth/Wizardtrip, but she changed my thoughts from 'Why can't I?' to 'Why not?' when it came to working out. I feel in part, most nerds instill a bit of themselves into each other, whether its a motivation to do hard things like lift heavy, run far, or eat better/less or just to improve our problem solving skills and outlook on life. All nerds are good...well except Bigs, but thats cause he's jealous of Spezzy...as you were. 

• Like 4

I found it through something Steve did on Lifehacker, but reading the Spezzy article is what got me lifting. That is all.

Same here. That is all

Lvl 4 Dragonborn (Dungeons and Dragons not Skyrim) Warrior

STR:8.5 DEX:3 STA:10.5 CON:7.5 WIS:5 CHA:4

MyFitnessPal (Looking for NerdFitness PPL)

Current Challenge

Completed:PMyrrh's Viking Winter PMyrrh's Path of the Persevering Paladin Brazen and Unabashed 5 minute Spartan Plank 50/50 Squats

COLD ASS VIKING CHALLENGE: 30/30

100%
100%

^^I found NF by stumbling on her article on Overhead Press.  Then I read her articles on Squats and Deadlifts, then watched her 400 pound deadlift video.  I only lurked for 24 hours before joining.

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

If I were 25 years younger and single I'd be trying to get better acquainted with Spezzy. Of course I'd be a perfect gentleman about it, I'm always unfailingly polite to women who can throw me across the room....

That is all.

• Like 2