Forums are back in action! ×

You can talk the talk... [Open PvP 8th June - 19th July]

So I've been MIA from the forums for the past week since I've been busy moving out of my apartment. Most of my challenge is shot now and I'll have to focus a lot to catch back up.

However.

I have also been getting a lot of walking in. Probably not as much as everyone else (scrolling through the posts, it looks like you all have been doing awesome!), but I'm excited to tally it up and get back on the scoreboard.

Still 2 and a half challenge weeks to go, it's  not over til it's over ;)

Glad to see you clocking up some miles :encouragement:

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Week 4 Summary:

Copper (16 miles)

Lightning  :panda: (fitbit)

nerdgettingfit  :panda: (fitbit)

Bronze (31 miles)

Nnimn  :orange:

wockerjabi :orange:

silvershadows :orange:

Elastigirl :orange:

NeverThatBored  :orange:  <--new this week!

Silver (62 miles)

Endor  :cool-new:  

JCSimmons (fitbit) :cool-new: <--new this week!

Team Miles:   509

The dreaded week 4 is over! 2 new medals, w00t! Team miles are rocking, only 91 to go!

This week is all about consolidating your position and getting consistent. If you're a little behind where you want to be get at it! If you're ahead, stay on top and grind out some extra mileage!

Hope everyone gets to enjoy some fresh air this week :positive:

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Morning was great, I got up in time to get a walk in before it got hot. Went on a walk after dinner. I planned to go at least 2.5 miles. I was wearing my walking sandals. Halfway in to my walk, I felt something sharp on my heel. Looked down and there was something in it. Not sure what it was, but when I pulled it out my foot started bleeding. Not bad, but enough, plus it stung. So I hobbled back home and washed it off. All fine now, but it is getting dark, and I don't really want to go out again. At least I go barefoot enough my feet have strong callouses.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Morning was great, I got up in time to get a walk in before it got hot. Went on a walk after dinner. I planned to go at least 2.5 miles. I was wearing my walking sandals. Halfway in to my walk, I felt something sharp on my heel. Looked down and there was something in it. Not sure what it was, but when I pulled it out my foot started bleeding. Not bad, but enough, plus it stung. So I hobbled back home and washed it off. All fine now, but it is getting dark, and I don't really want to go out again. At least I go barefoot enough my feet have strong callouses.

What a bummer! Glad to hear your foot is ok, hopefully the blood didn't ruin your sandals!

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Absolutely gorgeous winter morning down under, 6k in the sunshine along the waterfront with the pooch, nice crisp clean air. Met a couple of his little buddies along the way, one of them is a toy poodle who he always goes bonkers with, did his giddy gumdrop laps all around the place :lol:

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

What a bummer! Glad to hear your foot is ok, hopefully the blood didn't ruin your sandals!

No, it was actually a good motivation to give them the washing they really needed anyway.

• Like 2

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Today was the mother of all walks for me: 7.5 miles! And I went for a short run tonight as well. I think that I'll just sit for the rest of the evening and watch Netflix now.

Edit: Wooo!!! I'm in the silver now! Maybe if I push it I can get gold before the end :D Aaaand only about 3.5 team miles to go!

• Like 2

[Currently training for the Hunger Games]

Captain's (Battle) Log • Challenge Log

Today was the mother of all walks for me: 7.5 miles! And I went for a short run tonight as well. I think that I'll just sit for the rest of the evening and watch Netflix now.

Edit: Wooo!!! I'm in the silver now! Maybe if I push it I can get gold before the end :D Aaaand only about 3.5 team miles to go!

That's a nice long walk, great job!

Team target now reached :D

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

My legs were toast after my gym session today but it's such a lovely day I had to push myself and go walkies with my sidekick! Another 6km's in the books.Next week I am away travelling with work for a couple of nights and have some very busy days so I'm not expecting to get much done, going to be relying on tomorrow and next weekend to try to get my titanium goal completed. All this walking has been so good for my waistline, the final hurdle has fallen, a pair of gym shorts that I mistakenly bought 2 inches too small were worn for a session today and fit me perfectly! Nothing has brought me as much weight loss success as lots of walking and I enjoy it too, what a bonus! :positive:

• Like 2

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

My legs were toast after my gym session today but it's such a lovely day I had to push myself and go walkies with my sidekick! Another 6km's in the books.Next week I am away travelling with work for a couple of nights and have some very busy days so I'm not expecting to get much done, going to be relying on tomorrow and next weekend to try to get my titanium goal completed. All this walking has been so good for my waistline, the final hurdle has fallen, a pair of gym shorts that I mistakenly bought 2 inches too small were worn for a session today and fit me perfectly! Nothing has brought me as much weight loss success as lots of walking and I enjoy it too, what a bonus! :positive:

Congrats! I'm not going to make the titanium goal this time, with vacation and all the heat. Hoping next challenge to make it. Which doesn't mean I won't try and get as many miles as I can next week, I'm still going for gold+ some bonus miles.

• Like 2

Week 5 Summary:

Copper (16 miles)

Bronze (31 miles)

Silver (62 miles)

JCSimmons (fitbit) :cool-new:

NeverThatBored  :cool-new:  <--new this week!

Nnimn  :cool-new:  <--new this week!

wockerjabi :cool-new:  <--new this week!

silvershadows :cool-new:  <--new this week!

Elastigirl :cool-new:  <--new this week!

Gold (100 miles)

Endor :star:  <--new this week!

Team Miles:   633.74

A little late this week with the summary as I'm away travelling with work. SO MANY LEVEL UPS! Congrats on the medals everyone, great job :encouragement:

Just a few days left to get your final miles in, bring it home!

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

That is super sweet -best kind of results. :triumphant: Holy crap everyone's miles are thru the roof, congrats everyone on the awesome accomplishments and medals  :pride: 

So... I really dropped off the face of cyber Earth for a while. Whoops. I've been doing daily crazy weight training in combo with lots of summer busyness so I've admittedly not walked nearly as much as I'd hoped. *sigh* I'm with Elastigirl, I'll have to settle for Gold by this weekend and try for Titanium next time :numbness: . But I'll still try to make over 100 just cause, ya know, that's how ninjas roll....  :ph34r: 

• Like 1

1st  -  2nd  -  3rd  -  4th  -  Current Challenge

Ninja Assassin

No one believes our excuses but us... so let's stop making them and go accomplish something!

Hello all, 

I have been Internet-less (not sure that is a word) for the past month as I've been packing, moving, etc...I'm currently visiting family and have Internet again, so I thought I'd do my final check-in while I can. 

I have kept up with my walking and my mileage. I'm so impressed with everyone's effort. Glad to see everyone is doing well! I'll do better next time with checking in more often as I'll be all moved into my new place and have my Internet back up and working.

• Like 2

ldhuffling

Half Orc Adventurer  | Lvl 2

"What am I doing today that will help me be the person I want to be tomorrow?"

Challenge: #1 | #2

STR 3 | STA 7 | DEX 1 | CON 2 | WIS 4 | CHA 2

2015 Weight Loss Goal

13%
13%

That is super sweet -best kind of results. :triumphant: Holy crap everyone's miles are thru the roof, congrats everyone on the awesome accomplishments and medals  :pride: 

So... I really dropped off the face of cyber Earth for a while. Whoops. I've been doing daily crazy weight training in combo with lots of summer busyness so I've admittedly not walked nearly as much as I'd hoped. *sigh* I'm with Elastigirl, I'll have to settle for Gold by this weekend and try for Titanium next time :numbness: . But I'll still try to make over 100 just cause, ya know, that's how ninjas roll....  :ph34r: 

Good that you have been doing your weight training. You've still got lots of walking in, even if not as much as you'd hoped, Gold is an awesome achievement, especially when you have to keep to the shadows! :ph34r: :P

Hello all, 

I have been Internet-less (not sure that is a word) for the past month as I've been packing, moving, etc...I'm currently visiting family and have Internet again, so I thought I'd do my final check-in while I can. 

I have kept up with my walking and my mileage. I'm so impressed with everyone's effort. Glad to see everyone is doing well! I'll do better next time with checking in more often as I'll be all moved into my new place and have my Internet back up and working.

Surely no internets is a fate worse than death?! Well done keeping up with the walking and logging, look forward to seeing more of you next challenge!

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Ermagherd, very very busy week work wise, was working until 3am in a data centre one night and 11pm another night on top of my day job so not been walking hardly at all for a few days. That's left me with 2 days to go and still 32 kilometers left.....have just replotted my walk to add another 2km's to it, will give it a try this morning and see how we go....

• Like 2

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Ermagherd, very very busy week work wise, was working until 3am in a data centre one night and 11pm another night on top of my day job so not been walking hardly at all for a few days. That's left me with 2 days to go and still 32 kilometers left.....have just replotted my walk to add another 2km's to it, will give it a try this morning and see how we go....

You got this!

• Like 1

You got this!

Got the 16 done today, tiiiiiired!!! Will see how i go tomorrow, hopefully i can bring it home. we need at least one Titanium! I'll pass you the torch next challenge! ;)

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

You guys are knocking it out of the park this challenge! I didn't quite make it to my stretch goal of 100 miles, but I got in a respectable 75 this challenge. Next challenge, I'll definitely be incorporating walking back into my goals. 

• Like 2

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

Week 6 End of PvP Summary:

Honorary mention

RDNottingham

Presea

Copper (16 miles)

Bronze (31 miles)

Silver (62 miles)

NeverThatBored  :cool-new:

Nnimn  :cool-new:

wockerjabi :cool-new:

silvershadows :cool-new:

Gold (100 miles)

ldhuffling :star:  <--new this week!

JCSimmons (fitbit) :star:  <--new this week!

Elastigirl :star:  <--new this week!

Titanium (124 miles)

Endor :saturn:   <--new this week!

Team Miles:   769.5

Awwwwsome job team, this was a really fun PvP, thank you all for taking part and congrats on your mileage.  As a team we averaged 69 miles per person, amazing!

I'll set up another PvP for the next challenge in the coming week and post a link here. Hope to see you all again!

• Like 2

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Honorary mention

RDNottingham

Presea

Copper (16 miles)

Bronze (31 miles)

Silver (62 miles)

NeverThatBored  :cool-new:

Nnimn  :cool-new:

wockerjabi :cool-new:

silvershadows :cool-new:

Elastigirl :cool-new:

Gold (100 miles)

ldhuffling :star:  <--new this week!

JCSimmons (fitbit) :star:  <--new this week!

Titanium (124 miles)

Awwwwsome job team, this was a really fun PvP, thank you all for taking part and congrats on your mileage.  As a team we averaged 69 miles per person, amazing!

I'll set up another PvP for the next challenge in the coming week and post a link here. Hope to see you all again!

Looking forward to the next one! I kept trying to keep up with you, but you couldn't be caught and I started to lack in my miles towards the end there congratz on titanium!

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 3.5 | CHA 4

Original Challenge | 1ST | 2nd | joining the bebopReturn to the rangers |

Spoiler

"They wouldn't mind a corpse of you. Now, you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear, by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you." - Mal

Honorary mention

RDNottingham

Presea

Copper (16 miles)

Bronze (31 miles)

Silver (62 miles)

NeverThatBored 

Nnimn 

wockerjabi

silvershadows

Elastigirl

Gold (100 miles)

ldhuffling   <--new this week!

JCSimmons (fitbit)   <--new this week!

Titanium (124 miles)

...can you walk the walk?!

This is a walking PvP that will be running during the current 6 week challenge from 8th June - 12th July

5 levels this time:

Titanium - 200km's (124 miles)

Gold - 150 km's (93 miles)

Silver - 100km's (62 miles)

Bronze - 50km's (31 miles)

Copper - 25km's (16 miles)

PVP Rules

1. Pick a level above that will stretch you but you think you can make. During the challenge walk that many km's in 6 weeks.

2. Sign up in this sheet and track your km/miles during the 6 week challenge.

3. Specify after your name either (walking) or (pedometer) depending on if you will be tracking either just specific "I'm going for a walk" distances (walking) or I will track steps by wearing a pedometer/fitbit/etc. (pedometer). It's easier to get more mileage using a pedometer so we want to keep you accountable to hit those higher medals

4. Any amusing walking gifs are most welcome

Anyone is welcome to join in from any guild, including recruits

Hey there , I claim gold!  First post was 93 miles for gold, so anyone who did 93 miles (150 KM) got gold.

And congrats Endor on the titanium and thanks for setting this up.

• Like 1

Hey there , I claim gold!  First post was 93 miles for gold, so anyone who did 93 miles (150 KM) got gold.

And congrats Endor on the titanium and thanks for setting this up.

These are not the droids you're looking for :P

Fixed up sorry! Congrats on Gold!

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

New PvP is here, I sincerely hope the fellowship will return to abide with me through another series of long walks :)

This will be a particularly arduous challenge for me, I have some simple looking but in reality tough goals and I will really value the support you all bring :positive:

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge