Forums are back in action! ×

All truly great thoughts are conceived by walking... [July 26 to Sep 6]

It was gray and cloudy after dinner, but hubby and I decided it would be nice and cool, so we went for a walk. Apparently, it has been so long without rain we forgot that such a thing occurs. Set out without any jackets. At the halfway point it started to rain. Good steady rain all the way back. Being summer, it wasn't too cold. After we got back in the car, the downpour started, so we beat that. And we set a record mile time of 14:56. :D We did the entire 4 mile walk in an hour, which is a PR for me. Guess I just needed a bit of rain to motivate me to move faster!

• Like 8

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

It was gray and cloudy after dinner, but hubby and I decided it would be nice and cool, so we went for a walk. Apparently, it has been so long without rain we forgot that such a thing occurs. Set out without any jackets. At the halfway point it started to rain. Good steady rain all the way back. Being summer, it wasn't too cold. After we got back in the car, the downpour started, so we beat that. And we set a record mile time of 14:56. :D We did the entire 4 mile walk in an hour, which is a PR for me. Guess I just needed a bit of rain to motivate me to move faster!

PR-tastic! Fantastic, well done :applause:  Extra points for rainy conditions too :positive:

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Rainy weather is the best weather for walking here.... The air gets clearer and the temperatures drop. Getting wet totally beats walking in 110+ F. We've been having the best summer I can remember this year, and I've been fortunate enough to get out in the rain twice just this week. Once in a light one, and last night in a downpour. As long as the lightning isn't too close, there's no better time to be outside.

I'm at 61.25 miles after posting my day #6 this week... I'll probably post again after my morning walk so I don't get shorted again. ;)

balance in mind ... body in motion ... making inertia my bitch

Lv.2 warmonkey | 2 STR, 3 STA, 3 DEX, 5 CON, 4 WIS, 2 CHA

Challenges: Current | Previous

Went out geocaching today, which is my fav way to get the miles in.Lots of hills too.

How is Geocaching?

I've always been interested, but have never found the time. :(

Lvl 4 Dragonborn (Dungeons and Dragons not Skyrim) Warrior

STR:8.5 DEX:3 STA:10.5 CON:7.5 WIS:5 CHA:4

MyFitnessPal (Looking for NerdFitness PPL)

Current Challenge

Completed:PMyrrh's Viking Winter PMyrrh's Path of the Persevering Paladin Brazen and Unabashed 5 minute Spartan Plank 50/50 Squats

COLD ASS VIKING CHALLENGE: 30/30

100%
100%

How is Geocaching?

I've always been interested, but have never found the time. :(

You should try it, it is fun. They have different terrain difficulties and how hard they are hidden, so you have a choice of what you want to do. it is an awesome motivation to get outside and walk. The ones we found on Saturday were fun. Most of them were in a trail system, but the trail system is right next to a new neighborhood and there were a couple there. So we wandered around in the woods for a bit, and then  went and looked around at all the fancy new houses that were going up.  

• Like 1

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Geocaching sounds like such a blast! And with GPS tools built right into cell phones now, I imagine a lot of people do it. Do you leave the cache where it is, or are you supposed to move it after you find it?

Week 2 Summary

Medals:

Copper :peaceful:

NeverThatBored (Walking)  <-new this week

bedheadqueen (Walking)   <-new this week

Nnimn (Walking)   <-new this week

Bronze :onthego:

Endor (Walking)   <-new this week

Elastigirl (Walking)   <-new this week

jcsimmons (fitbit)   <-new this week

Matsurika (strava)   <-new this week

Tasha (fitbit)   <-new this week

Snarkyfishguts (fitbit)  

Leli (pedometer)   <-new this week

Silver  :pirate:

whitebalance (fitbit)   <-new this week

EveningEmma (fitbit)   <-new this week

ninjakitten (fitbit)   <-new this week

AthenaMM (fitbit)   <-new this week

Kasey (fitbit)   <-new this week

PMyrrh (pedometer)   <-new this week

Gold

None yet

Titanium

None yet

Team miles: (average 50 miles each)

804 / 950

Congrats on all the new medals, so much win! Blown away by the team progress and all the walking, great job guys :encouragement:

• Like 2

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Opted out of my usual morning walk this morning so I would have time for a long afternoon walk, but now we are having thunderstorms. I'm fine with walking in the rain, but not with thunder and lightning. Now I look at the forecast and see it says thunderstorms all day. :nightmare:

• Like 2

Opted out of my usual morning walk this morning so I would have time for a long afternoon walk, but now we are having thunderstorms. I'm fine with walking in the rain, but not with thunder and lightning. Now I look at the forecast and see it says thunderstorms all day. :nightmare:

Boo to that! I won't walk in storms either. How will you meet your walking goal if you get struck by lightning? :o

• Like 1

I went to a walking meetup this morning and got in a lovely 5 miles~

There were thunderstorms in the afternoon where I live too, so it turns out that was a good idea.

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

We've had an interesting week here, rain and thunderstorms in the first half and record heat in the second half. My new parking space at work, in a structure a couple miles from my building, is keeping me on track with my walking goals. But I get to work drenched. :P When it hits 115F or above, it doesn't matter what you're wearing or how good you are at finding shady paths on your route, you're still gonna sweat.

Endor, the medal formula in the spreadsheet sets gold at 150 miles (not km) and titanium at 200. I think that's not what you intended, but didn't want to change anything without checking with you.

• Like 1

We've had an interesting week here, rain and thunderstorms in the first half and record heat in the second half. My new parking space at work, in a structure a couple miles from my building, is keeping me on track with my walking goals. But I get to work drenched. :tongue: When it hits 115F or above, it doesn't matter what you're wearing or how good you are at finding shady paths on your route, you're still gonna sweat.

Endor, the medal formula in the spreadsheet sets gold at 150 miles (not km) and titanium at 200. I think that's not what you intended, but didn't want to change anything without checking with you.

Well spotted! Fixed now :)

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Week 3 Summary

Medals:

Copper :peaceful:

bedheadqueen (Walking) 

Nnimn (Walking) 

Bronze :onthego:

jcsimmons (fitbit)  

Matsurika (strava) 

Tasha (fitbit)

NeverThatBored (Walking)  <-new this week

Silver  :pirate:

Kasey (fitbit)

Endor (Walking)   <-new this week

Elastigirl (Walking)   <-new this week

Snarkyfishguts (fitbit)  <-new this week

Leli (pedometer)   <-new this week

Gold :tiger:

bim (fitbit)   <-new this week

EveningEmma (fitbit)   <-new this week

ninjakitten (fitbit)   <-new this week

AthenaMM (fitbit)   <-new this week

PMyrrh (pedometer)   <-new this week

Titanium

None yet

950 / 950 <--- Team goal destroyed in under 3 weeks!!!!! :D:applause:

Ermagherd!! Gold medals in week 3 and team goal already smashed to pieces, this is unheard of!! I think we're in for a record breaking PvP this time!! Awesome work team, keep it up :victorious:

• Like 5

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

950 / 950 <--- Team goal destroyed in under 3 weeks!!!!! :D:applause:

Ermagherd!! Gold medals in week 3 and team goal already smashed to pieces, this is unheard of!! I think we're in for a record breaking PvP this time!! Awesome work team, keep it up :victorious:

tumblr_mzkm69yn3x1tofv0po1_500.gif?w=676

WAHOO!!! Is there a new stretch goal for the team?

• Like 2

WAHOO!!! Is there a new stretch goal for the team?

Ask and ye shall receive!

New target is enough miles to average Gold for the entire team!

Bonus brownie points if anyone can identify this cartoon show from my youth :)

the_mysterious_cities_of_gold_by_sonitwe

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Woot! I just hit Titanium!! I had a VERY active Monday and Tuesday and now I am VERY tired!

Unreal, congrats!! :victorious::applause:

As is customary for this PvP, here you go, enjoy :) 

• Like 2

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

I decided to make my walk more interesting and tried rucking for the first time! I just stuffed some dumbells in a backpack, which is...not very comfortable. But in general I love the idea of turning my walking into strength training too. :)

Also, all of the sprinklers were on when I was walking today. Why???

• Like 2

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell.