Forums are back in action! ×

Battle Kitten: Ascension

4 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

I refuse to parallel park. Ever. Solidarity. 

I've had to learn quickly. My roommate has been making fun of me for months but I've finally gotten the hang of it. I think.

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Arrrrgh I am so over this combination of PMS and anxiety. At least I won't have my period for the Spartan. (There's another special talent I forgot @NeverThatBored: I get my period pretty much every time there's a big deal thing happening. Every time I studied abroad. Moving. Literally in the middle of prom. It's so great.) But right now I'm just hovering in this weird state of having a lot to do and actually wanting to do stuff, but also not wanting to do anything and kind of just moping for no reason. I was going to start my new thread but got halfway through the intro post and decided my goals aren't interesting and I don't feel like writing about it. And actually I've had this particular post open forever as well. Merp. 

Not in as much pain after PT today. I assume this is a good thing. At the end of each PT session they've been using some kind of electro-stim machine (I swear that's what he called it even though it sounds like a scary sex toy) and today the guy asked if I wanted one of my own? Because they checked with my insurance company and it's 100% covered? And I am skeptical of this. I told him I'd think about it because it totally caught me off guard. If it's covered I feel like it might not be a terrible idea?

Was supposed to have an appointment with the new gynecologist tomorrow but they had to reschedule because he has jury duty. Awesome. And without thinking I agreed to an appointment at 5pm on Thursday, which is going to be hell to get to because traffic. >> So I'll be using my free time tomorrow to hit up one of the outlet malls with several fitness stores in search of shoes for the Spartan. I'd resigned myself to muddying up my pink running shoes because I didn't want to deal with the hassle of buying and breaking in something else, but conversation in NTB's thread warned against that. Fuck. Worst case scenario I guess I can go run around on the grassy part of the Mall a few times to break them in? 

I don't know what my point was with this entire post. I'm gonna go back to ordering a ridiculous amount of clothing online and hoping something fits since people suck and all the plus-size stuff is practically online-only. 

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

1 hour ago, fleaball said:

Not in as much pain after PT today. I assume this is a good thing. At the end of each PT session they've been using some kind of electro-stim machine (I swear that's what he called it even though it sounds like a scary sex toy)

Yay! Less pain is good, must be adjusting to the exercises. Hahaha you should definitely get one if it's covered, if only to tell people you have an electro-stim ;) Definitely kinky. Is this one of those things that stimulates your muscles to contract so it's meant to trick them into growing or something? 

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, Owlet said:

Yay! Less pain is good, must be adjusting to the exercises. Hahaha you should definitely get one if it's covered, if only to tell people you have an electro-stim  Definitely kinky. Is this one of those things that stimulates your muscles to contract so it's meant to trick them into growing or something? 

I guess so? This dude is not big on offering explanations and even when I ask questions he doesn't explain well. There's 4 pads and whatever they do feels like ants crawling around and gets kinda prickly. Which, yeah, that would be electricity. Jesus I had so much coffee today and you can't even tell. :rolleyes: so yeah you're probably right. They do ultrasound and massage too so it's probably more focused on healing than anything. 

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

52 minutes ago, fleaball said:

I guess so? This dude is not big on offering explanations and even when I ask questions he doesn't explain well. There's 4 pads and whatever they do feels like ants crawling around and gets kinda prickly. Which, yeah, that would be electricity. Jesus I had so much coffee today and you can't even tell. :rolleyes: so yeah you're probably right. They do ultrasound and massage too so it's probably more focused on healing than anything. 

Jeeze, sounds like my physio. But yeah sounds like it probably stimulates the blood vessels in/around the muscle to increase the rate of healing or something. Or maybe it's just full of ants and he's having a laugh =P 

• Like 1

Mmm, ants. Great timing given that yesterday was a year to the day I discovered bed bugs. x_x

Given that idk what the dude is doing, I'm just rolling with the fact that ortho dr guy said I didn't even need the PT in the first place and this is just to speed it up for the Spartan. So at least it's not like he can fuck me up too badly. 

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

6 minutes ago, Owlet said:

Haha oops sorry. Did you do anything to celebrate? =P 

Nah you're fine. I'm actually thrilled that it's a year behind me. I didn't celebrate beyond enjoying my bed lol. But sleep is also a good thing. It's so great. This time last year sucked because I just did not want to get in my bed ever. I should really be in bed rn though (it's 11:22 for the record) but I'm honestly too lazy to get off the couch lol

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Noooooo the cutoff for an A is 94, not 93. I got an A-! Uggggggh fuck this school and its +/- grades. >_> 

I'm not actually upset. There's just a tiny remnant of the honors student in my shaking her head at being 0.7% away from an A. 

Oh well. Sleep now. 

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

9 hours ago, fleaball said:

I'm just hovering in this weird state of having a lot to do and actually wanting to do stuff, but also not wanting to do anything and kind of just moping for no reason.

Unfortunately I join this club too frequently. I guess in some ways yesterday was such a day. Only I have a tendency to "lose" money while moping. You know all those things you put off buying because of reasons or laziness? If they can be bought online they suddenly get bought. (I ordered six books yesterday.)

I hope you've left the club for the time being. I think I have but only time will tell for today. (I usually have it a day here and there, or a couple of days but then I can drag myself out.)

• Like 1

Introduction (where I started, May 2016) ~*~ NF Character (dormant)

Progress as a Nomad: Battle log where I do my own challenges

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

Spend 3 hours dragging my feet before leaving to go shopping. Park my car and realize I left a coupon at home. Stand in line at the world's slowest Starbucks only to find out they don't have the coffee I want. This is why I don't leave my house. >_>

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

23 minutes ago, fleaball said:

Spend 3 hours dragging my feet before leaving to go shopping. Park my car and realize I left a coupon at home. Stand in line at the world's slowest Starbucks only to find out they don't have the coffee I want. This is why I don't leave my house. >_>

Ouch. That is all I say. Ouch.

• Like 1

Introduction (where I started, May 2016) ~*~ NF Character (dormant)

Progress as a Nomad: Battle log where I do my own challenges

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

But shopping! How's the shoe hunt going? Did you find any you like? Tell me everythingggggg. 

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

16 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

But shopping! How's the shoe hunt going? Did you find any you like? Tell me everythingggggg. 

I got these guys. Outlet price + coupon, hell yeah. They're trail running shoes, not OCR, but at least I have something. The Reebok store in VA actually doesn't exist anymore so I didn't have many options. Shopping for actual clothes was a waste of time, as expected. Like the Under Armour store barely had anything above a medium? And I also started seething over how small the women's sections in most stores was compared to the men's. 

I haaaaaaate shopping. I almost attempted getting work clothes while I was there just to avoid another trip, but it was 95 with a heat index of 108 and I didn't feel like trying on fancy clothes while melting.

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I did a thing. It's an empty thing, but it exists. 

• Like 4

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I got these guys. Outlet price + coupon, hell yeah. They're trail running shoes, not OCR, but at least I have something. The Reebok store in VA actually doesn't exist anymore so I didn't have many options. Shopping for actual clothes was a waste of time, as expected. Like the Under Armour store barely had anything above a medium? And I also started seething over how small the women's sections in most stores was compared to the men's. 

I haaaaaaate shopping. I almost attempted getting work clothes while I was there just to avoid another trip, but it was 95 with a heat index of 108 and I didn't feel like trying on fancy clothes while melting.

Ooh, they look comfy! I have a pair of asics gels for walking shoes and I really like them.

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

2 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

Ooh, they look comfy! I have a pair of asics gels for walking shoes and I really like them.

I have the Gel Cumulus (I think?) for running and I love them. 

26 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

You need to come up my way. Our UA outlet is amaze balls and has so many size options. 

I'm poking around on their website rn looking for socks and according to their size chart and the measurements I took two weeks ago, their biggest size won't actually fit me. Womp.

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Thank god for great return policies. I just spent $200 on Target's website on various sizes and styles of things in the hopes that something works. It should all get here Monday, so if nothing fits it's going to be a very interesting week as I scramble to find a solution. x_x

And we have another mouse. The universe is seriously tellling me I need a cat.

I really want my period to hurry up and get here because the sooner it does the sooner it can fucking go away and I can stop being a crazy person. 

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

7 hours ago, fleaball said:

And we have another mouse. The universe is seriously tellling me I need a cat.

You should always listen to the universe. Let's go cat shopping for you after the Spartan! 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, fleaball said:

The universe is seriously tellling me I need a cat.

Well, obviously you need a cat. Mouse or not. Seriously, you really shouldn't need the universe to tell you this. B) 

2 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

Let's go cat shopping for you after the Spartan! 

Do what I did - head to the nearest animal shelter. My cat picked me & my husband as soon as we walked through the door. (I'm totally not exaggerating - it was one of the oddest experiences of my life. I can't help but feel that my previous cat, who'd passed away not long before, put in a good word for us.)

• Like 4

"'It's time for a few small repairs,' she said." - Shawn Colvin

5 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

You should always listen to the universe. Let's go cat shopping for you after the Spartan! 

2 hours ago, Bookish Badger said:

Well, obviously you need a cat. Mouse or not. Seriously, you really shouldn't need the universe to tell you this. B) 

Do what I did - head to the nearest animal shelter. My cat picked me & my husband as soon as we walked through the door. (I'm totally not exaggerating - it was one of the oddest experiences of my life. I can't help but feel that my previous cat, who'd passed away not long before, put in a good word for us.)

If this were an option I'd be all over it. Sadly the current apartment doesn't allow pets, and in general it's a pain in the ass to find an affordable pet-friendly place here. :(

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

My roommate texted me to say she's probably going to be away next weekend but did I mind if a friend of hers crashed here that weekend anyway. I said I don't care, but I'm going to be gone most of Saturday and possibly either be gone Friday night or have someone crashing here depending on our race time. And her response was "You're still doing that?? It sounds terrible." Yeah it kinda does but oh well. I need to do allll the burpees. 

Whenever I get around to figuring out goals for my challenge, I'll be keeping challenge-related stuff in that thread and workout stuff here. I'm not going to have a workout goal until the challenge after this one (maybe not even then) because it's a terrible idea for me to start an almost full-time internship and classes and a new workout routine at more or less the same time. I do need to start c25k by the last week of this challenge if I want to finish it by my 5k in November and I do plan on working out when I can, but I'm not going to make it a schedule yet. 

Off to make phone calls like a grownup.

• Like 5

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

5 hours ago, fleaball said:

If this were an option I'd be all over it. Sadly the current apartment doesn't allow pets, and in general it's a pain in the ass to find an affordable pet-friendly place here. :(

Me too! I'm getting so cat-clucky it's ridiculous. Like, I kinda want to get settled with my own house n shit just so I can have a cat. Maybe one like this, he seems cool:

cats-enjoying-warmth-54__605.jpg

• Like 5