Forums are back in action! ×

ff7.jpg

"Wh....who are you? Or what?" Flat on his back the Orc slowly opened his eyes to see an unfamiliar shape looming over him.

"I'm a save point. THE save point.  THE FABLED SAVE POINT. Ahem. Sorry about that. Boy, you sure could have used one of me on your last journey!"

"B-b-but.....I don't even know what happened."

"Well the way I see it, you went off like a bat out of hell.  It seemed like you were doing so well.  But you burnt out."  The save point almost seemed to be gloating.

"Yeah, maybe, but....." Conflicting emotions ran through the Orc.  Fear, anger, even shame.  He couldn't describe the way he felt.

"No buts or maybes here buddy.  Now I'm only allowed to save your progress.  And you can't do that.  This ain't no Final Fantasy.  This journey is more like Contra."

The Orc's eyes lit up.  "Does that mean..."

"No."  The save point cut in. "No cheats either."

The Orc was getting fed up with the save point by now.  He raised a large green fist above the save point.

"Hey, no need for that.  I am allowed to give you one piece of advice though.  It's time to start again!"

Hey everyone.  I think the above little scene gives everyone a pretty good idea of what happened the last time I was here.  But as a new challenge is starting this Sunday I have decided it is time to start again.  I am going to ease myself in a little more gently this time, and I'm not starting entirely from scratch.  I will link my new challenge thread once I get to posting it.

Welcome back, and good luck on your respawn!  It's always good to know that you're ahead in knowledge and experience points, even if you have to regain in strength and fitness.

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

Battle Log: Operation Fly-By-Night

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman