Forums are back in action! ×

Random Thoughts of Randomness

Yikes, Guz.  Why do your spine and pelvis have to get fused?  Wouldn't that make it impossible to bend over and touch your feet?

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

7 hours ago, Raincloak said:

Yikes, Guz.  Why do your spine and pelvis have to get fused?  Wouldn't that make it impossible to bend over and touch your feet?

Well, I smashed my pelvis in an accident back in 2011 and although they fixed it at the time it turns out that they didn't do it right and it was only scar tissue that was keeping everything rigid. When the scar tissue started to soften the pubic symphysis (the joint at the front of the pelvis) started to become unstable. The muscles and ligaments around the pelvis were trying to keep everything in place but it went on until I had an op last year to fuse the pubic hingamybob so everything was over worked and over stretched.

Now it seems that the ligaments that hold the joints at the back of the pelvis ((the SI joints) are dysfunctional, they've been stretched too far and can't hold the joints closed properly.  If this is what's going on then they need to fuse these joints too. The SI joints are between your pelvis and the part of the spine that runs through the pelvis so hopefully the loss of function should be minimal as there's not (supposed to be) much movement there anyway.

The trouble is that there was so much damage done to that whole area, in the accident, that it's hard to say exactly what's causing the pain. Once they do more scans or X-rays or whatever, he might decide that it's not worth doing such a serious op as there's no gaurantee that it would work anyway.  Until I hear back from him I'm just in limbo. 

And no, not the dance. :P 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

12 hours ago, Guzzi said:

to fuse the pubic hingamybob 

That sounds made up. :P

• Like 3

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Hugs @Guzzi. Hope they get your butt fixed. 

• Like 5

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

Ooo, Guz's backbone is gettin glued to her pubis, hur hur hur.

I know there's some good innuendo in there somewhere, just can't think of clever phrasing presently...

• Like 2

You know how sometimes you get a little raggedy bit at the side of your nail and when you go to pull it out it bleeds a little?  Well, I assume that's what happened to me because about a month ago I remember thinking "My toe's a little red" and when I pressed the side of the nail there was a tiny bit of pus came out and I thought "Hmmm, must have had a rag nail" and I put some antiseptic on it for a day or two.  Except that didn't work.  Every time it would heal up, a couple of days later it would be red and his tiny little amount of pus would come out when I pressed on it.  

Fast forward a month and today I finally went to the doctor with it, I mean, it's not worth bothering a doctor with something like that, is it?  Suck it up Guz, it'll be better tomorrow.  Hmmm, yeah.

Today the doc says "Yeah, that's not going to heal unless we take the nail off, and it's going to be painful."

Arrrrrrrrrrrgh! 

Ow0kL_f-maxage-0.gif

So now I'm sitting here with a bandage around my toe that I'm sorely tempted to draw a smiley face on, and the local anaesthetic is wearing off.  

To be fair though, she only had to take part of the nail off and it wasn't that bad.  It's the injection of anaesthetic that was the "painful" bit she was talking about (gotta admit I was quite relieved when she explained that) which did hurt like a bitch, but it wasn't as bad as she was making out.  She didn't tell me that she had to do three of the fuckers though! :D 

pics to follow ;) 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Speaking of nail issues, I was slicing up an avocado yesterday (my very first) and made the mistake of using a dull knife. Yup, chopped my left index finger and nail real hard. Fingers crossed that it doesn't get infected.

22 hours ago, Frost of the Gloaming said:

In yo endo......

and out the other?

• Like 1

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Maurice Moss

Bollocks!  Colin just spilled a pint of water over my laptop's keyboard.  

nooooooo_elf.gif

We dried it as best we could with paper towels, then a hairdrier and we've left it somewhere warm to dry out.  Any other suggestions?  And will it survive?  It's less than a year old :( 

1 hour ago, Guzzi said:

Bollocks!  Colin just spilled a pint of water over my laptop's keyboard.  

nooooooo_elf.gif

We dried it as best we could with paper towels, then a hairdrier and we've left it somewhere warm to dry out.  Any other suggestions?  And will it survive?  It's less than a year old :( 

Put it into a plastic bag with some uncooked rice and leave it there for a couple of days. The rice will absorb any excess moisture. If it was just water and the laptop was off at the time, it should be okay.

• Like 1

Spoiler

- Maurice Moss

1 hour ago, Tomu-san said:

Put it into a plastic bag with some uncooked rice and leave it there for a couple of days. The rice will absorb any excess moisture. If it was just water and the laptop was off at the time, it should be okay.

I think it was on... :( 

It's possible the computer brain will survive even if the keyboard doesn't.  When it's dry, try plugging in a USB keyboard if you can't get the built in keys to work.

Make sure your data is backed up.  Always.

• Like 1

My friends laptop survived a pint of beer, he let it dry out before he turned it back on

I am so lost at work right now, out of an 8 man shop we have two people (including myself) and the other person is a useless waste of space that is giving me issues about doing his mail run.... trying to not let anxiety/panic take control

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

Tell him to do his damn job. If he doesn't, just figure out the number of the bus you're going to throw him under. I recommend the 522.

Spoiler

- Maurice Moss

Also everyone riding that bus, in addition to the emotional trauma they will be stuck at the scene for at least an hour while the flashing lights show up and the yellow tape comes out.  As will everybody who has the luck to be on that street at the time.  Just push the guy off a balcony or something, so he won't hold up traffic.

On a different subject, Passover starts today.  Time for my annual "paleo except with matzah diet" week.  I get better at it every year, I think...

• Like 2

Yaaaaay!  The laptop survived!  Thank the stars!

19 hours ago, Frost of the Gloaming said:

I am so lost at work right now, out of an 8 man shop we have two people (including myself) and the other person is a useless waste of space that is giving me issues about doing his mail run.... trying to not let anxiety/panic take control

Just tell him that he's a useless prick.  He probably won't speak to you after that, which would be a good thing. 

• Like 1

I have, which is why I've had a few meetings with HR

"Daddy can we walk to school today?" which we did, taking the trail through the woods looking at the fresh deer tracks, listening to the birds and we finally found out how the cat catches fish; there is a fallen tree that runs from the bank into the stream, he walks down the tree to the waters edge takes a drinks and sits in the sunlight just watching the water

• Like 5

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim