Forums are back in action! ×

Overheard in the gym - Share!

I think I was able to convince her that women won't look like men if they lift heavy, and that there seems to be a different set of rules for men and women when it comes to lifting.

The deal I've made with my wife (which I think I stole from Bret Contreras?) is that if she feels that some muscle or group is getting too big then we'll just stop training it for a while.  She understands in all likelihood it won't be an issue, but it did help reassure her.

• Like 1

The deal I've made with my wife (which I think I stole from Bret Contreras?) is that if she feels that some muscle or group is getting too big then we'll just stop training it for a while.  She understands in all likelihood it won't be an issue, but it did help reassure her.

I pointed out the medal winners for womens olympic weightlifting...I will note your comment though.

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

There are a few people at work who have English as a second, or even third language. I happened to over hear this conversation about working out, altough it wasn't actually IN the gym.

Employee 1- I'm having such a hard time being motivated to keep going. I'm too old to handle the muscle soreness.

Employee 2 (not native english)- If I have to kiss your ass to keep you going I will

Employee 1- Kick... if you have to kick my ass. Kissing my ass is an ENTIRELY different offer.

Employee 2- Which one would keep you working out?

Employee 1- Probably both. Come on, we've got spin class to get to.

I think employee 2 is a great friend. That's going above and beyond. Kicking or kissing, whatever it takes
  • Like 5

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

I've been waiting.

My sister-in-law's pug hates Mr. Softee for some reason. Just playing the theme on your phone results in him charging to the window, barking and snarling.

I think I have the same reaction to those now. 'YES ICE CREAM' 'DAMNIT I CAN'T!' the internal struggle is real. 

• Like 1

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both

"It's OK Dad ... We tried like Champions, and we failed like Heroes"

I'm not sure I could come up with something so profound, even is a spent months in isolation on some mountain top somewhere...

• Like 3

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

Bro training buddy reported this one to me.

Found a guy in the gym with the 10kg Eleiko weightlifting technique bar loaded with two 20kg plates...

...In the rack

...Doing OHP

So he asked him to switch it out and use one of the 20kg bars instead.

The guy said, "No, it's too heavy if I use the 20kg bar."

jiFfM.jpg

I pointed out the medal winners for womens olympic weightlifting...I will note your comment though.

It never hurts to point out Camille Leblanc-Bazinet, either

69231_213469152131062_1043899458_n-615x4

That is one manly-looking woman right there...

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

Found a guy in the gym with the 10kg Eleiko weightlifting technique bar loaded with two 20kg plates...

...In the rack

...Doing OHP

But...  but... no one knows the bar is lighter, all they see are the 20kg plates...  Brilliant!! 

It's going to be my new strategy to bench 365lbs,  find a 5lbs bar that can hold the plates....  smith machine, here I come.  Find Rooks, I'm going to have pics of me bench 365 tonight!!

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

If you ask my mother, that was my favorite song for years as a child

EDIT: Just listened to it and definitely brought back memories of summers in NY. 

When I was growing up, there was a Mr. Softee stand right behind my school.

Needless to say, there was a hole in the fence and a well-worn path between the two.

• Like 2

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

...In the rack

...Doing OHP

jiFfM.jpg

But I need that bar for its intended purpose.

• Like 1

"Gentle means tired."

Battle Log / Youtube Channel / (lol am an..) Athlete Page

Level 4 Halfling Monk: STR - 181 | DEX - 12.5 | STA - 4.5 | CON - 6 | WIS - 4 | CHA - 7

It never hurts to point out Camille Leblanc-Bazinet, either

69231_213469152131062_1043899458_n-615x4

That is one manly-looking woman right there...

Agreed, but I went for the women who lift more weight than any other woman on the planet, as far as we know. Figured that holds some merit. :-)

• Like 1

My first challenge

Okay so can't remember if it was on this thread or a different one where there was a discussion about flirting going on but this happened today at the gym, how would you guys have handled this (keep in mind I am happily married) I work for a bank (who will remain nameless at this time) where we on the teller line were required to wear sweater vests. Recently the bank had decided that we do not have to wear the vests anymore and we can dress as we want as long as it is professional (such as shirt and tie for men, can do sweaters or jackets if desired)

On my way into the gym today, I chatted with one of the girls that is there who I have talked to before, She asked if I had a day off (I wasn't wearing my sweater vest) told her "Nope, bank finally changed the dress code so I can wear other things now." She laughs, puts her hand on my arm and said I looked nice then made a comment about how the Iron marathon's I was doing were working well (pyramid curl system). Now keep in mind that I love my wife and I think that she is beautiful, but OMG this girl was drop dead, Victoria secret runway model gorgeous

So I was at the gym and was doing some accessory work today. When I was getting ready to leave, I found an envelope on my notebook and the girl walking way. I went ahead and tossed the book and envelope into my bag, got changed and headed to work. Anyways On my lunch break I remember the envelope. It turns out she is hosting a swingers party! She included a hand written note on the back of the invite, it said

I hope you and that hot piece of ass were teaching to squat can cum over ;) There was also a naked picture of her.

• Like 6

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Nothing is ever easy." Zeddicus Zull Zorander

"Do or Do Not, There is no try" Yoda

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Bench: 195lbs

Squat: 245lbs

Deadlift: 295lbs

Total weight: 735lbs

Goal Weight 1000lbs

not going to lie I did contemplate having that convo with her .... <.< ______>.>

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

Wouldn't that be strongwomen and powerlifters rather than weightlifters?

Maybe, but olympic seems more accessible... if that makes sense. Also was the first group I thought about...

My first challenge

Okay so can't remember if it was on this thread or a different one where there was a discussion about flirting going on but this happened today at the gym, how would you guys have handled this (keep in mind I am happily married) I work for a bank (who will remain nameless at this time) where we on the teller line were required to wear sweater vests. Recently the bank had decided that we do not have to wear the vests anymore and we can dress as we want as long as it is professional (such as shirt and tie for men, can do sweaters or jackets if desired)

On my way into the gym today, I chatted with one of the girls that is there who I have talked to before, She asked if I had a day off (I wasn't wearing my sweater vest) told her "Nope, bank finally changed the dress code so I can wear other things now." She laughs, puts her hand on my arm and said I looked nice then made a comment about how the Iron marathon's I was doing were working well (pyramid curl system). Now keep in mind that I love my wife and I think that she is beautiful, but OMG this girl was drop dead, Victoria secret runway model gorgeous

So I was at the gym and was doing some accessory work today. When I was getting ready to leave, I found an envelope on my notebook and the girl walking way. I went ahead and tossed the book and envelope into my bag, got changed and headed to work. Anyways On my lunch break I remember the envelope. It turns out she is hosting a swingers party! She included a hand written note on the back of the invite, it said

I hope you and that hot piece of ass were teaching to squat can cum over ;) There was also a naked picture of her.

Only one thing you can do. Strut and feel awesome. As someone who, as far as I'm aware,has never been hit on or flirted with I am mega jealous

Same here I never picked up on people flirtif with me until I was in a relationship then it seemed like everyone was flirting with me

Sent from my phone, through the banging of weights, to the chimp translators aboard the tardis powered by the dylithiam crystal flux capacitor.

• Like 1

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

Only one thing you can do. Strut and feel awesome. As someone who, as far as I'm aware,has never been hit on or flirted with I am mega jealous

I'm thinking you're just ultra oblivious. 

Agreed. I am an oblivious guy too. It's funny how I can detect flirting between two people pretty easily, but not for myself. One girl who I thought was a pretty close friend yelled at me: "I was seducing you, and you HAD NO CLUE?!!"

She had a boyfriend, though, so I wouldn't do anything. I'm not a romantic getaway. But man, I felt taller that day. :P

I was benching today, going through my planned progression, and the guy next to me was just benching lots and lots of sets at 95 lbs.  I did my sets of 75 lbs, then my sets of 85 lbs, then I start benching 95 lbs.  He watches me through my first set of 95 lbs, and immediately adds 20 lbs to his bar.  He just barely makes it through one set before he puts everything away and runs off. I guess he didn't like a girl matching him. 

• Like 10

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Str- 18, Dex-12, Sta-10, Con-23, Wis-88, Cha-47

"Not all who wander are lost."

"We Shall Not Practice Fear"

Current Battlelog

I was benching today, going through my planned progression, and the guy next to me was just benching lots and lots of sets at 95 lbs.  I did my sets of 75 lbs, then my sets of 85 lbs, then I start benching 95 lbs.  He watches me through my first set of 95 lbs, and immediately adds 20 lbs to his bar.  He just barely makes it through one set before he puts everything away and runs off. I guess he didn't like a girl matching him. 

Did you at least show up to spot him?

• Like 1

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP