Forums are back in action! ×

J3nn's Introduction

I'm new here, and it's been a very long time since I've been in a forum, but I really need to kick myself in the butt and I think this is going to be the best way to do it. I've signed up for the challenge next week and I want to participate more in the forums. 

I am going to be 43 this year, in a couple months even. I have never been active (never really liked it) and thanks to a medical condition (primary lymphedema) and uninformed doctors, I actually got out mandatory physical education when I started high school. Somehow I married an athlete (this guy made it through National to World championship's in long distance triathlon and is the current State champ for Team Time Trial 70+) and so I know what it takes, but even after nearly 20 years together, it just hasn't rubbed off on me. I have found that diet isn't too much of a problem, I love the way healthy food tastes, even if the prep is sometimes long and drawn out. The fitness is the problem. I've tried walking (10,000 steps a day was effective, but technology keeps failing me, and I don't find I enjoy it when it's dark and cold out), yoga (deep slow stretch was awesome), belly dance (the studio closed and the teacher moved), line dance (probably what I enjoy the most, but I have two left feet) and I have worked with a personal trainer in the gym learning equipment and doing circuit training (I'm going back to this starting in March).

I work with a team of individuals to manage the web properties for an academic medical center, my focus is the intranet (the employee portal) but am transitioning to take on more operations roles. I guess my organization skills make me a good candidate to keep the department running or something. I just finished an epic quest of getting my bachelor's degree (twenty years after I got my AA) in January. Since then I've been struggling to find meaningful things to fill the free time I've found now that I'm not doing homework. It's not that I don't have things, I just can't get motivated.

I want to have a side gig/tinker project of being a blogger. I have a blog, Coachable Heart, but while I was in school I didn't write, so I really want to get back to that. I just found out that my blog was hacked though so now I have to deal with that before I can get to the fun part, writing. I think I recently, finally, discovered my niche. I would never have used these words to describe it, but I think I need to write a life hacking blog. I'm still working out the details.

So, that's me in a nutshell I guess. Look forward to meeting other rebels and becoming part of something fantastic here.

Cheers!

• Like 2

J3NN

Current Challenge || Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17  18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

On 2/8/2017 at 11:18 AM, scottie said:

Congrats on your degree, and it's great to read more of your story!

We can do this :) Looking forward to hearing more about your journey as we go!

Thanks, I see you're a writer too, love finding common interests. Following your journey and will cheer from the sidelines!

• Like 1

J3NN

Current Challenge || Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17  18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27