Forums are back in action! ×

Hey.  So, I'm new here (kind of).  I've actually read the NF blog on and off for years.  I've known about the forums and stuff, but I never really thought I would... "fit in".  I'm not interested in paleo, I don't have a burning passion for lifting weights (though I do have a healthy curiousity) and I just felt like I wasn't committed enough to be part of this community.  But then I read Steve's post about Tim.  I thought 'Wow this guy isn't in to paleo either.  He did walking.  He faced adversity.  He succeeded!' and it gave me the kick up the butt I needed.

You see, there is a lot I could describe as going wrong in my life.  Barriers aplenty.  Financial hardship?  Check.  Burn out from work?  Check.  Stress from school?  Check.  Husband made redundant?  Check.  Mental health problems?  Check.  That feeling of being around the weight loss houses a million times?  Check!  But then I read Tim's story and it changed my perspective.

The reason I felt like I wouldn't fit in, or be "good enough" was because I'm not at the end of my journey yet.  Hell, I'm barely out the front door.  I had forgotten that was the whole point of the NF community.  It's not a gang of people who are all super healthy and super fit; it is a gang of people who help each other get from their front door to Mordor.  However they decide to get there.  I remembered we all have to start somewhere.

So, here I am.  I'm a poor excuse for a Rebellion soldier at the moment, but I am present and correct and for me right now, that's a big part of the battle.  I need to spend time figuring my way around, where I want to go and how I'm going to get there.  But I'm taking that step out the door.  I'm on the way.

Looking forward to having you along with me :)

Scottie

• Like 1

VINCERE EST VIVERE!

~to live is to conquer~

Character | Instagram | Current Challenge

Challenge 1

Hi Scottie,

You and me both! I took the plunge and signed up for my first challenge. If not now, when? Am I right?

I love this:

The reason I felt like I wouldn't fit in, or be "good enough" was because I'm not at the end of my journey yet.  Hell, I'm barely out the front door.  I had forgotten that was the whole point of the NF community.  It's not a gang of people who are all super healthy and super fit; it is a gang of people who help each other get from their front door to Mordor.  However they decide to get there.  I remembered we all have to start somewhere.

I'll be cheering you on!

• Like 1

J3NN

Current Challenge || Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17  18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27