Forums are back in action! ×

Hitting the nope button and respawning!

I joined NF with really good intentions a while ago (2015 I believe?), and life pretty much brought down the hammer on me immediately. Grad school was a great experience but also the most anxiety-producing thing ever, and I did three years of it and graduated before I realized I had generalized anxiety and it wasn't normal to be that stressed every day. Then after graduation in May 2016 I had an awful time with job hunting and got super depressed, which wasn't helped by taking the only job I could find (call center rep) that made me miserable.

However, the call center job and advice from a very dear friend made me realize I needed help, and since September 2016 I've been working with a therapist. She's been super helpful and together we clawed my way out of the darkest pit I've ever been in.

Fast forward to now: I quit the call center job and work at a bank, which I love. I just had a birthday and I'm saving up to responsibly move out on my own, plus I might be getting a kitten soon (a dream of mine).

I'm in a headspace where I finally feel okay and steady, and I want to improve my physical health to go along with my better mental health. I am very tired of being overweight and unhappy with my body, and would just like to work on building self-confidence in all areas of my life. :)

• Like 2

Grad school and its aftermath can be brutal on your confidence, happy you are working through it. :) Sounds like you're on your way up and onward to a great future! If you feel ready, you might like to join in on a four-week challenge to get support for your physical health goals. The next round should go up sometime Monday.

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

Battle Log: Operation Fly-By-Night

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman