Random Thoughts of Randomness

On 8/12/2016 at 6:52 PM, RandMart said:

Is there a shade throwing thread/forum? because that post certainly belongs

Is there a "being a dick" thread/forum? because that post certainly belongs.

• Like 2

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

1 hour ago, Frost of the Gloaming said:

would it be wrong to bring a squatty potty to work? actually would it be wrong to bring a squatty potty to work and leave it under my desk when I'm not using it.....

Maybe it would make sense to leave it under someone else's desk.  At least then you can pretend it's a practical joke when you get caught.

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

3 hours ago, Frost of the Gloaming said:

would it be wrong to bring a squatty potty to work? actually would it be wrong to bring a squatty potty to work and leave it under my desk when I'm not using it.....

They make a portable one. It's inflatable.

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Maurice Moss

We interrupt this program to bring you:

SNICKIE'S RANT!!!

Today's topic: the Synesthesia Battery!!!

It's very obnoxious how the color box (next to the letter box) changes colors every time I start a new letter.  Sometimes that color bleeds into my synesthetic perception of the letter which thus compromises the integrity of the results! D:<

Also, some letters have different colors between their uppercase and lowercase forms, but the test only seems to cover uppercase letters. >:K  Very annoying!

Some graphemes have spectrums or multiple colors (ex: there's a Cyrillic character that's yellow with a gray background but I can't indicate that).  Also months (especially months)

Some of the colors on the screen aren't nearly as bright as I see them on the letter.

We now return to our regular-scheduled programming.

• Like 1

Snickie | Level 25 Female Human

Assassin-ish | Level ??? | tall skinny female stick figure

STR med | AGI low | DEX high | CON med | WIS ??? | CHA ???

Current Challenge: Snickie Builds a Solids Foundation

Top right down arrow > Account Settings > Signature

Weather forecast calls for 95-degree temps this weekend (that's 35 C for you metric people).  I have a job that involves lots of walking, outdoors, on pavement.  Pondering which would get me in more trouble: calling off work, or going ahead and just working really slowly.

Awesome chicken marinade

1/4 cup olive oil

2 tablespoons of lemon juice

2 cloves of garlic minced

1 teaspoon of dried oregano

1/2 teaspoon of salt

just let it marinate for 2 hours, we prefer it grilled but it's good anyway you cook it, have not tried it fried but that would defeat the purpose

• Like 2

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

I read that as "chicken marmalade" and thought, "Hmmm, sounds interesting..."

Spoiler

- Maurice Moss

eh not really marmalade but I put said marinated chicken into a ninja blender to make a chicken salad sandwich and it turned into this spam like substance that spread really easy, though it did not turn out the way I planned it was still pretty good and the kids ate it 

• Like 1

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

You could call it "Spicken". But that's probably a naughty word in German.

• Like 2

Spoiler

- Maurice Moss

"Get your Spicken here, Get your Spicken!!! "

"I'll have one Spicken sandwich please"

yea I think that product would be a flop in name alone, however if you put it on whole grain glutten free full seed crackers you could probably sell it to the hoity toity up at the Saratoga race track as a hor dourves for a pretty penny

ha I love when I get a new computer at work and it has to learn my language, nope I've been using that phrase word my whole life I am 1000% certain that it's not misspelled.

• Like 2

Daily Mile

2 hours ago, SevenofSeven said:

Loving the fact I can watch Icelandic murder mysteries on Netflix. Well not just Icelandic but, German, Finnish, Norwegian, they are just good languish the day away tv.

Every time I house-sit for my folks (who have Netflix) I look at the Korean soaps and contemplate watching one... but then I decide that would just lead to weird questions when the owners come back and see what's in their "Recently Viewed."

Also chicken with marmalade is not bad, it's like sweet and sour chicken.  Which is not any weirder than turkey with cranberry sauce, or cheese with chutney.

• Like 1