Maiyama's Daily Battle: 2018 Edition

Thursday, August 2, 2018

Current Weight

1680.0 pounds

Food Log

Veggie Burger with Bun: (1 serving: 257~ calories)

Celery and Peanut Butter: (3 servings: 130~ calories) 

Snap Peas: (1/2 cup: 30~ calories) 

Popcorn: (2 servings: 280 calories) 

Grapes: (1 serving: 62~ calories) 

Granola Bar: (1 serving: 150 calories)

Total Calories: 909 calories

Workout Log

Jumping Jacks: 35

Situps: 15

Bodyweight Squats: 10

Chest Press: 3 sets of 10

Shoulder Press: 1 set of 10

Russian Twist: 1 set of 10

7 minutes ago, Tobbe said:

I actually wrote about that in today's log. So I'll let you read the update there ;)

Will do! :) 

3 minutes ago, Maiyama said:

Granola bars are usually full of sugar and fats. Try swapping them out for sugar free protein bars instead. Might be more calories, but they are better calories for you. Especially if you continue with your awesome workouts!

Friday, August 3, 2018

Current Weight

166.8 pounds

Food Log

Apple Slices: (26~ calories) 

Apple Spice Rolled Oats: (1.5 cups: 410~ calories)

Subway Veggie Delight Sandwich: (12'' sub: 460 calories) 

Baked BBQ Crisps: (1 serving: 140 calories)

Fruit Juice: (1 serving: 100 calories) 

Total Calories: 1,286 calories

Workout Log

Completed part of Day 1, Week 3 of the Couch to 3k Challenge. I made it through three 2-minute walk-jog cycles before I petered out and ended up reverting to Day 3, Week 2 again. (Calories burned: 250) Keep at it. You can do this, Maiyama. 

6 minutes ago, Tobbe said:

Granola bars are usually full of sugar and fats. Try swapping them out for sugar free protein bars instead. Might be more calories, but they are better calories for you. Especially if you continue with your awesome workouts!

Yes, I noticed that today when I ate the last one in the box and checked the nutrition label on the back. I've been meaning to cut down on my sugar intake, especially with the fruit snacks. For the past few weeks, it wouldn't be out of the ordinary for me to eat a pack a day. And I probably wouldn't have thought much of it if it weren't for these logs (and the helpful folks like yourself that point these things out to me). 

I tried a Quest protein bar the other day. If I remember correctly, it only had 1 gram of sugar, but I didn't like the taste very much. It also cost $3 and had a ton of sodium. Do you have any experience trying protein bars from Kur or Think Thin? I might try them next.

And I saw your blog, I hope you have fun making the apple butter! From what I've seen online, it can be pretty tedious to make. But it will likely be much healthier/less expensive than buying it from a store or online. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Maiyama said:

It also cost $3 and had a ton of sodium. Do you have any experience trying protein bars from Kur or Think Thin?

Ouch! That's expensive! Try buying in bulk, or look for deals online. I would't care so much about the sodium though. It's not so bad as you probably have been told. We do have Quest bars here, but I don't think we have Kur och Think Thin, so I can't comment on the taste/texture of those. Just try different brands and see which one you like the most. Just keep checking the nutrition labels. Look for bars that have around 20 g of protein and are around 200 kcal per bar.

8 hours ago, Maiyama said:

And I saw your blog

Then you also saw my mini-rant about granola bars (square shaped cookies), didn't you? :D 

Saturday, August 4, 2018

Well, this marks the one month anniversary of documenting my logs. To be honest, I'm not entirely sure if this method is working out for me. I will continue to keep notes of what I eat and what exercises I perform. But I think it'd be for the best if I did so offline in a personal journal. Big thanks especially to @Tobbe and @ReturnOfTheDad. This isn't "goodbye" so much as it is "see you around". I'll still be checking out logs; it'll just be once or twice a week as opposed to every day.  

Average Weight (July 29-August 4)

167.8 + 167.2 + 168.0 + 168.4 + 168.0 + 166.8 + 166.5 = 167.5 pounds

Food Log

Green Smoothie (Spinach, peaches, strawberries, mango. 2 cups: 200~calories)

Toast w/ butter (2 slices: 340~ calories)

Chips (Cheaty snack: 300 calories)

Veggie Stir-fry (1 serving: 450 calories) 

Total Calories: 1,290 calories

Workout Log

Completed Beginner Bodyweight Challenge, once in the morning and once at night. 

On 8/4/2018 at 5:39 AM, Tobbe said:

Just try different brands and see which one you like the most. Just keep checking the nutrition labels. Look for bars that have around 20 g of protein and are around 200 kcal per bar.

Will do; with so many brands there's got to be one out there for me!

On 8/4/2018 at 5:39 AM, Tobbe said:

Then you also saw my mini-rant about granola bars (square shaped cookies), didn't you? :D 

That I did... days after I went out and bought them under the false impression they were a decent snack and not Starbucks entrees in disguise, haha. Well, at least I won't make the same mistake again. 

• Like 2