sylph goes around again

Lift. 2x week. It didn't work last time, let's try it again, eh? Monday & Saturday mornings. It doesn't even have to be the program, FFS. Just move something heavy-ish up and down a few times.

Walk. 2x week. Before work, when possible to avoid the heat.

Alcohol. None on weeknights.

Snacks. Think about when/why. This is often due to boredom. Fix the boredom with something other than food.

-----

Yesterday was not a lifting day.

Yesterday I got about 45 mins of walking in just before lunch.

No alcohol

Snacks... does it count as a snack if a couple hours after lunch I realized that lunch was not cutting it and thus had second lunch? It was actual food (scrambled egg and cheese wrapped in a tortilla), and not like, potato chips or something, so I'm going to give myself a pass.

Did a bunch of internet research on sewing yesterday. Once I'm done with my next couple projects, I think I'm going to try to draft myself a bodice block. For those that don't know, a block is sort of like a promo-pattern, made to fit your own measurements. From this basic block, you can then modify, adjust, add, subtract or otherwise change what you cut out of the fabric to make any kind of garment that you want. With a well-fitted bodice block I can have well-fitting shirts, jackets, dresses, etc. that fit me according to my own measurements. There are also sleeve blocks, trouser blocks, skirt blocks, etc. Supposedly the skirt one is the easiest, but I get less use out of skirts than I do other clothing items, so we'll start with the bodice.

Of course, before that, I have a project for Hubs, one for myself and maybe a commission for a guy Hubs knows (given my relatively beginner status, this is kind of scary, but it'll just be replicating something I've already made in a different (smaller) size, so maybe will be okay? Also, he lives across the country, so EEK). 

So, I'll be getting on with the Hubs project this evening--I'll at least get the fabric cut out (probably) and maybe get some of the sewing started.

Tomorrow I need to grocery shop

Friday--Laundry and sewing

Saturday--Lift. Finish laundry and more sewing

Edit: Also, I hopped on the scale after cutting Hubs's hair last night just for shits n giggles. It's about where I thought it would be, minus a couple pounds, so at least I'm reassured that I've not ballooned up out of nowhere with my lack of activity and current hormone weirdness.

• Like 3

Apparently I'm at the point in my sewing hobby where I consume all the info I possibly can. Blog posts, random YT vids, subreddits...

6i1fd7.jpg

(I spent much too long looking for this image. Perhaps I am An Old if my pop culture lexicon is becoming this esoteric)

Anyway, all that to say that I am bursting with project ideas and wish I didn't have to, you know, work.

• Like 2

Lift. 2x week. It didn't work last time, let's try it again, eh? Monday & Saturday mornings. It doesn't even have to be the program, FFS. Just move something heavy-ish up and down a few times.

Snacks. Think about when/why. This is often due to boredom. Fix the boredom with something other than food.

-----

No walking yesterday. It was grey and gross all day. Plus work.

No alcohol.

Snacks were baby carrots + dressing and later on some cottage cheese. All perfectly acceptable.

Got most of the fabric cut out for the next sewing project and had some convo w/ Hubs about the possible commission, so that's kind of like working on two projects at once. heh.

Plan for today is work, then grocery shopping, then (depending on time) either progress on project, or finishing off a couple very simple things for the store. It's also grey and rainy today, so while I'd like to get a walk in, I don't know the that's going to happen.

If I'm feeling super ambitious, tossing a load of laundry in while all that is going on would help move chores along.

• Like 5

-----

Yesterday was not a lifting day

No walk accomplished.

No alcohol consumed

I had some EXTREME battles with snack-age yesterday. It was absolutely because I was bored. I REALLY wanted to be doing ANYTHING else but had to work instead. Snacking was a way to 'validly' put off working, so ... bah. I had some carrots, at least. And evening TV snack was a handful of chocolate chips. Things could've been worse.

Yesterday morning at around 4a my brain decided it was done sleeping. Around 5.30 I gave up and got out of bed. This made for a very long day and I was quite tired by the end of it, despite an extra cup of coffee to bolster me along.

After work, I was able to start the laundry, hit the grocery store, and then do some sewing. Got a couple small things sorted out for the store then worked on the current project. It's basically a re-do/better fabric version of the thing I just made, so it's not terribly exciting. I'm hoping it'll go quickly and then I can move onto all the more-fun stuff I have percolating in the back of my brain.

Today I'd like to get a walk in, as the rain seems to have moved on. Also finish up laundry and get going on the sewing project.

• Like 4

----

Walk was had -- just under 2 miles in about 35 mins.

No alcohol (even though it was Friday)

Snacks were okay. Having a bigger lunch helped quite a bit.

Laundry got sorted, sewing project progressed upon.

This morning, after I finish my coffee, I'll pop out to the garage to lift something. Then maybe a walk.

• Like 4

--

Lifted a quick circuit yesterday--goblet squats, DB bench, lat pulldowns

Then walked--2.5 miles in 42 minutes

The rest of the day was taken up by various surprise turns--sold a thing on FB marketplace relatively early in the day so had to get that sorted out. When we got home, hubs noticed that the grass long so we then embarked on yard work for awhile. After that we were both pooped so we ordered a pizza and spent the evening watching movies.

Not terrible for a Saturday, but not at all how I'd planned the day to go.

• Like 4
On 3/29/2024 at 8:35 PM, sylph said:

It was absolutely because I was bored. I REALLY wanted to be doing ANYTHING else but had to work instead. Snacking was a way to 'validly' put off working, so ... bah

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQgSs-EQqO7jf14Il-4FaZ

HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

@sylph  Any lifting happening today? 

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore before you decide to be happy” -Nightbirde

“Dreams do not come true all by themselves. They are nourished by the bounty of hard work”  -Unknown Disney Imagineer

2024 Word

Svastha: Standing in One’s Own Power

Current Challenge:

Sepherina Continues her Quest of Strength

Prior Challenges

Spoiler

Sepherina:

#1 , #2 , #3 , #4 , #5 , #6 , #7 , #8 , #9#10#11

Avery The Patient:

#1 , #2 , #3 , #4 , #5 

19 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Nice!

Doing SOMETHING instead of NOTHING seems to be working so far.

7 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQgSs-EQqO7jf14Il-4FaZ

It's a sticky wicket, to be sure.

1 hour ago, Sepherina said:

@sylph  Any lifting happening today? 

Thanks for checking! My schedule is a bit topsy-turvy this week. I'm going to try to get something done before bed tonight, but failing that, tomorrow morning is the back up plan.

• Like 2

Schedule wonk means no lifting yesterday. This morning I woke up after feeling like I'd not really slept at all, so rather than try to exert myself, I did 10-15 minutes of yoga to get the blood flowing and to try to feel less creaky.

Given *waves hands* things, this week will be a bit more seat-of-the pants on what happens each day. I can hopefully be back to normalcy (and hopefully get a lifting session in!) on Saturday.

• Like 5
8 minutes ago, sylph said:

rather than try to exert myself, I did 10-15 minutes of yoga to get the blood flowing and to try to feel less creaky

This strikes me as a solid adaptation. 

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

18 hours ago, Artemis Prime said:

Oh no! But also - new gadget!

Which one do you have now?

It's not dire, by any means, but it's definitely on the downslope.

I have a Forerunner 45S, which apparently does not exist anymore? I bought it in June 2020, so it's pulled in some decent service hours. Currently looking at the Vivoactive 5, or if I want to get real fancy, the Venu 3S

• Like 1

I definitely don't need the Venu, and my knees' aversion to running means that there are a lot of features that I actually don't need/won't use out of many of Garmin's watches. Unfortunately, the Garmin line is a maze of confusing products and features that make it difficult to figure out what things I actually will use and I don't want to inadvertently screw myself out of the One Great Thing that is available with one watch and not the other.

Or something.

No yoga yet today. Did not sleep well (again) for various reasons and it was about al I could do to get myself up and going in time for work.

Sometimes, that's how things are.

• Like 3

OK. I am back.

I took on elf my quarterly trips to be in the office last week and due to various reasons, not the least of which was just the sheer amount of PEOPLING I had to do, I didn't sleep well, feel right, eat well or much of anything else that was good for me all week.

I got a couple yoga sessions in, which helped. But I couldn't even walk outside due to the weather being so shit.

But, as I said, I am back. Got home yesterday (after multiple delays of the flight--which I won't even talk about the sheer amount of poorly behaved children around the gate or on the plane itself. Part of the joy of having Orlando as my home airport). ANYWAY... got home, unpacked, and basically vegetated on the couch for the rest of the evening. We watched the last two episodes of this season of Physical 100 and I went to bed. I slept amazingly well woke up feeling almost human and have just started my second cup of coffee.

After coffee, I will putter out to the garage and lift something, FFS, then likely get a walk in because it looks GORGEOUS outside and I have missed the sunshine like nobody's business.

Hope all of your weekends are all off to a lovely start.

• Like 3
41 minutes ago, sylph said:

OK. I am back.

I took on elf my quarterly trips to be in the office last week and due to various reasons, not the least of which was just the sheer amount of PEOPLING I had to do, I didn't sleep well, feel right, eat well or much of anything else that was good for me all week.

I got a couple yoga sessions in, which helped. But I couldn't even walk outside due to the weather being so shit.

But, as I said, I am back. Got home yesterday (after multiple delays of the flight--which I won't even talk about the sheer amount of poorly behaved children around the gate or on the plane itself. Part of the joy of having Orlando as my home airport). ANYWAY... got home, unpacked, and basically vegetated on the couch for the rest of the evening. We watched the last two episodes of this season of Physical 100 and I went to bed. I slept amazingly well woke up feeling almost human and have just started my second cup of coffee.

After coffee, I will putter out to the garage and lift something, FFS, then likely get a walk in because it looks GORGEOUS outside and I have missed the sunshine like nobody's business.

Hope all of your weekends are all off to a lovely start.

I am sure those children (if they were coming/going from the big theme parks) were probably overwhelmed and overstimulated.  I am glad you are home and settling in with some rest.  I wish we had sun today….it may make an appearance later this weekend.  Enjoy it fo those of us in the grey northern states.  

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore before you decide to be happy” -Nightbirde

“Dreams do not come true all by themselves. They are nourished by the bounty of hard work”  -Unknown Disney Imagineer

2024 Word

Svastha: Standing in One’s Own Power

Current Challenge:

Sepherina Continues her Quest of Strength

Prior Challenges

Spoiler

Sepherina:

#1 , #2 , #3 , #4 , #5 , #6 , #7 , #8 , #9#10#11

Avery The Patient:

#1 , #2 , #3 , #4 , #5 

Lifted on Saturday
Goblet Squat

Lat Pulldowns

DB Flies

Hanging Knee Raises

Then went for a walk

Lifted this morning

Good Mornings

DB OHP

DB Rows

Calf Raises

Then went for a walk.

And now I'm poring over our taxes and waiting for our accountant to call me back because, oof.

• Like 3