Greetings to all at Nerd Fitness!

I'm very excited to be participating in the forum. I have some experience as a trainer and fitness enthusiast, but this last year I truly fell off of the path. Business and personal losses put me in a state of mind where my once notorious discipline and training ethic melted away. But I am determined to bounce back in 2011 and will be in the best shape of my life when I turn 40 in November.

That's right, 40. From the quick scan I've done of the posts, I'm pretty sure I'm one of the oldest (THE oldest?) members of the forum. Old man jokes and references are welcome and encouraged. :)

First up for me is a 12 week mass gaining program that I will be following beginning Monday January 3, 2011. I'll be following a Monday, Wednesday, Friday training split of total body workouts using a combination of bodyweight and dumbbell exercises. Oh, and I'll be eating like crazy. I'll be starting a thread in the training journal area so everyone's support along the way is most appreciated.

Many thanks to Steve and everyone who participates in the forums for creating such a supportive community.

Take care,

Vic

I'm pretty sure I'm one of the oldest (THE oldest?) members of the forum.

Welcome, and not the oldest but I refuse to indicate precisely how many years older I am, lets just say that it's in the double digits shall we? ;-)

But I too want to try to get in better shape.

Oogie McGuire

Black Sheep Shepherdess

STR 4.25 | DEX 4.5 | STA 3.75 | CON 3 | WIS 4.75 | CHA 1

Greetings to all at Nerd Fitness!

I'm very excited to be participating in the forum. I have some experience as a trainer and fitness enthusiast, but this last year I truly fell off of the path. Business and personal losses put me in a state of mind where my once notorious discipline and training ethic melted away. But I am determined to bounce back in 2011 and will be in the best shape of my life when I turn 40 in November.

That's right, 40. From the quick scan I've done of the posts, I'm pretty sure I'm one of the oldest (THE oldest?) members of the forum. Old man jokes and references are welcome and encouraged. :)

First up for me is a 12 week mass gaining program that I will be following beginning Monday January 3, 2011. I'll be following a Monday, Wednesday, Friday training split of total body workouts using a combination of bodyweight and dumbbell exercises. Oh, and I'll be eating like crazy. I'll be starting a thread in the training journal area so everyone's support along the way is most appreciated.

Many thanks to Steve and everyone who participates in the forums for creating such a supportive community.

Take care,

Vic

So glad to have you on here Vic.

I'm in the same boat with you re: mass gaining program - my issue is that I'm going to have to try to do the same thing while traveling (no access to gym, but I do have a set of TRX straps and not afraid to get funky with some body weight workouts) and not knowing where my next meal is going to come from. Looking forward to following your training journal and stealing some of your tips.

-Steve

Rebel Leader. I post videos of my dog on Instagram, and sometimes even share fitness wisdom. SOMETIMES.

Welcome Vic. If you're asking for jokes, I may not be able to resist, but know that I'm only making them because you told us to. :) Ditto for me on the mass gaining. I have been doing that for the past two months and told myself I might cut back starting January, but nah: the winter is the perfect time to do nothing but GET BIGGER! Excited to see how it works out for you.

"Did you go to the gym when you were alive?"
"I died in 1938. For exercise, we drank sloe gin and smoked Lucky Strikes."
- Dead Like Me

Ditto for me on the mass gaining. I have been doing that for the past two months and told myself I might cut back starting January, but nah: the winter is the perfect time to do nothing but GET BIGGER! Excited to see how it works out for you.

haha me too! its cold out there, i could use the extra fat to stay warm :D

and welcome, vic! i don't think you're the oldest at all. feel free to set up a 28 day challenge and we can get you on a team if you want :)

I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

Hey Vic, thanks for the add on twitter! I'll be watching for any posts location-tagged with @McDonalds.... o_O

Level 19 Ravenclaw Rebel

Fairy tales do not start, nor do they end, in the dark forest (Ted Lasso)
COMPLETED CHALLENGES: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 13.5 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19

CURRENT CHALLENGE: 3, 2, 1... Bake!