New to the Rebellion!

Hello fellow rebels! 

I'm about a week into following the NF Acedemy quests, and I've hit the ground running! 

My goals are to work up to working out two times a week, doing yoga twice a week, meditating every day, and going through the Adventurer questline. Really I consider myself an Adventurer/Druid hybrid. Eventually I'd like to get back into martial arts, but I don't feel quite ready for that yet. I'd like to maintain a Level 7 Paleo diet consistently and use meal preparation hacks to make it easier and keep from falling prey to tempting fast food and office potlucks. 

I'm not very overweight (I could lose some body fat though), but I'm out of shape in terms of fitness, flexibility, and strength so I want to get into a healthy eating and fitness routine for physical and mental health. 

This past week I've already gotten back to Paleo level 7, with a trip to the hospital reminding me that I should *not* be putting almond butter in my coconut milk berry kale smoothies.  :tranquil:

I've done the Rebel workout, got DOMS, stretched it out with NF Yoga, and did the bodyweight workout level 1. My biggest weakness right now is push-ups  but I know my strength will improve with each workout. I think I'll have to schedule in meditation because it's just not happening yet. 

I'm looking forward to meeting you guys!

My Character

Challenges: Current | First | 2 | 3

Hi @Dreamspin !

Those are some neat goals. I'm going to tackle push-ups as well, it had been a long time since a decent workout before last month. 

Consistent work for consistent progress.

What's not just happening yet related to meditation?

From a fellow druidish rebel,

Welcomes!

Apprentice of Intent .  Lvl X Druidu Bronze IV

Epic Quest | Battle Log | Current Challenge

' Who has the time to stall reaching hus highest potential? Death tells me "I'm a fickle thing, and I see you." ' •Aerisand

Thanks arcelas! As a big RPG fan, I'm really pumped about framing fitness and life goals into a questing and leveling up mindset.

As far as meditation, I just haven't been setting aside time and sitting. :beguiled:

So I'm going to put some reminders into my phone and get at least five minutes in every day!

I also found a local Tai Chi class and I've gone twice now. I really like it, calming and challenging at the same time.

• Like 1

My Character

Challenges: Current | First | 2 | 3

Howdy! Welcome to the Rebellion. Sounds like you're in exactly the right place to start working on those goals!

Looking forward to seeing your progress. :D

• Like 1

Level 6 Demon Hunter, Novice Troubadour

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Current Challenge

Previous challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

"I'm trying to free your mind, Neo. But I can only show you the door. You're the one that has to walk through it."