Overheard in the gym - Share!

Saw a guy today wearing a Crossfit San Marcos shirt. When he turned around, the front read "snatch is paleo".

I couldn't help but laugh.

Ah yes, the oh so clever CrossFit innuendos...

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

Saw a guy today wearing a Crossfit San Marcos shirt. When he turned around, the front read "snatch is paleo".

I couldn't help but laugh.

Bet he's had a lot of practice at the clean and jerk.

• Like 2

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

Our Crossfit gym is run by two women, who happen to be a couple. It really shouldn't make any difference to anyone, but... Fortunately, the biggest way this has played out is that we have absolutely NO cocksure, arrogant wanks (don't want to be told what to do by a woman, especially not a gay one) or any Lycra, fake tan and make-up bimbos (no buff gym guys to impress)

Yesterday when I was at the gym, there must have been about a dozen of us training. There was a LOT of barbells in use, plenty of pull-ups going on, discussions about training and nutrition, highfives and slaps on the back for jobs well done. A really healthy, supportive environment.

Best bit was... It was all women. The first guy didn't show until just before I left. :D

I really love my gym!

• Like 6

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Was training on Saturday at my local gym...just doing my deadlift thing and saw 2 things:

A PT training with a client, getting her to do squats on the smith machine...it looked awkward and painful to me but I'm not a PT so just watched on my rest 

3 lads doing bicep curls...using as many of the 5 kilo weights as they could on an ez curl bar...I don't know if their form was good but I was pissed off as no one else in the gym could train with 5 kg weights as they'd stolen them all...I was so mad I hulked out and lifted a personal best on my deadlift 120kg!!!

So I guess in some ways it was helpful!

Overheard in the bar that night:

One of my mates who'd not seen me for a good few months commenting on how buff I now looked!  Damn good feeling!

• Like 6

Any time  anyone in the gym pulls a Ronnie Coleman..... we've all seen the video, that was a long time ago. "LIGHT WEIGHT!!!"  is over... it died, just let it go.

•      Awful                                                          Not so good                                                                          Getting better                                                        Super Stud                                       He-Man                                  Artie Strongest                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              man.... In The World
  • 61%
    61%
  • Valerius the level 2 Human

STR 3|DEX 3|CON 2|STA 3|WIS 2|CHA 2

Current challenge

•  
  • " If you think you can do a thing or you can't do a thing, you're right."
  • - Henry Ford

My local Crossfit is Crossfit Green Box. Pretty much the same color.

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

Didn't see this so much as I did it myself.. It'd been raining out and I was wearing high heels. So I come in and somehow slip, almost fall, almost get my balance back, sortof fall again and doing multiple steps at the same time towards one of those machines where you train your legs by opening an closing them, hoping to have something to hold on to. Then, I did fall landing on my knees with my head basically in the crotch of the dude using the machine... So yeah i murmurred something and quickly went to the dressing rooms feeling pretty embarrassed.

• Like 9

LEVEL 3 Human Scout - obsessive smiley user 

"That's the best part, the outside is new, but now it reflects what's already in you" - Legally blonde the musical

^^^^^^^Im dying! Dear God make it stop. My stomach hurts, my face hurts, there are tears running down my cheeks. And I think I've got the hiccups now.

That dererves some kind of award! *highfive* :D

• Like 2

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

one of those machines where you train your legs by opening an closing them

The yes/no machine!

• Like 4

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.