Forums are back in action! ×

Motivational and Inspirational Quotes

Here's a few good ones.

Your biggest challenge isn't yourself. It's the ache in your lungs and the burning in your legs, and the voice inside your head that relentlessly yells 'CAN'T'. But you don't listen. You just push harder. And then you hear the voice whisper 'can'. And then you discover that the person you thought you were is no match for the person you really are.

This one is Awesome!!!

"Be the person that when your feet touch the floor in the morning the devil says, “aww shit.. they’re upâ€. - Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson

Little differently

â€œI want to live my life in such a way that when I get out of bed in the morning, the devil says, "aw shit, he's up!†-  Steve Maraboli

• Like 3

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

"Your room is not your prison. You are." -Sylvia Plath

"So many people walk around with a meaningless life. They seem half-asleep, even when they’re busy doing things they think are important.

This is because they’re chasing the wrong things. The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning."

- Mitch Albom - Tuesdays with Morrie

I have a feeling I will be thinking these words a lot the next days.

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"Be the person that when your feet touch the floor in the morning the devil says, “aww shit.. they’re upâ€. - Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson

Little differently

â€œI want to live my life in such a way that when I get out of bed in the morning, the devil says, "aw shit, he's up!†-  Steve Marabolii

I saw a variation on this the other day that I think will go down well here: "Be the kind of person that HYDRA considers a threat"

• Like 6

I saw a variation on this the other day that I think will go down well here: "Be the kind of person that HYDRA considers a threat"

I like that one.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

I don't know if this has already been posted as i've not read the entire thread, but my fave is (slightly edited):

"It is better to fail aiming high than succeed aiming low. And we have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory"

- Bill Nicholson (1919-2004)

• Like 1

My favorite is:

If I don't laugh I'll cry. 

I love it because part of me always wanted to be a comedian, and because of that I tend to joke about very personal things, such as being mentally ill, as a way of dealing with them. The quote just sort of reminds me to not take myself too seriously and that i can still smile through stuff. 

• Like 1

Level: 0 Race: Scrag Class: Druid
STR 0|DEX 0|STA 0|CON 0|WIS 0|CHA 0

"The robbed the smiles steals something from the thief." - Williams Shakespeare (Othello)

My favorite "keep your head up" quote.

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

I got a fortune cookie a month ago that said, "If you don't have time to live your life now, when will you?" 

It has spurred several changes in my life.  There's no time like the present, and all that jazz.

Also, and this may have already been discussed, but I personally get a lot of inspiration from the controversial Maria Kang quote, "What's your excuse?"  I am the Queen of Excuses, but I have started to recognize, isolate, and eliminate the unnecessary ones that are in the way of my goals. 

• Like 3

Posted Image

My favorite fortune cookie of all time.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

"Strong in purpose and strong in action; strong within and strong without; strong against foes that are seen and strong against foes that are unseen; all the way up and all the way down, all the way around and all the way through; first, last and always—strong!"

hatuha6e.jpg

My favorite fortune cookie of all time.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Is Steve writing fortune cookies now? That sure seems like something he would have written. :playful:

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Extracted and manipulated from a Schwarzenegger speech that's on my music playlist right now.

Everything that's ever been done, has also, at one point, never been done before...

• Like 3

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

"Courage. Kindness. Friendship. Character.  These are the qualities that define us as human beings and propel us, on occasion, to greatness."

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

One quote many would know from the movie "Invictus":

I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul

"There is no fate but that what we make for ourselves" -Machinae supremacy, Cybergenesis

Noticing a trend here?

"Idle hands are the devils playground" -A  proverb

• Like 1

"Idle hands are the devils playground" -A  proverb

This echos to everyone who stays up late mindlessly surfing the web instead of doing productive things.

• Like 2

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

This echos to everyone who stays up late mindlessly surfing the web instead of doing productive things.

Like sleep? :tongue:

• Like 1