Forums are back in action! ×

Motivational and Inspirational Quotes

"All I insist on, and nothing else, is that you should show the whole world that you are not afraid.  Be silent, if you choose; but when it is necessary, speak – and speak in such a way that people will remember it." - Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

• Like 2

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's the only mkantra I know, the oinly doctrine I have you offer you, and it's harder than you'd think, bebcause I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. FAce the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, don't buy into centuries-old dogma and dead rhetoric. Don't give in to your conditioning or your visions or your fucked-up sense of...whatever. FACE. THE. FACTS. THEN act."

~Quellcrist Falconer

"We don't have a word for hero. Being prepared to die for your family and friends, or what you hold dear, is a basic requirement for a Mando, so it's not worth a separate word. It's only cowards we had to find a special name for."

~Baltan Carid

I am the one who steps from the shadows, all trench coat and arrogance.

"How did you expect it to feel? You are free, Jacen Solo, and that can be lonely, and empty, and frightening. But it is also powerful."

Passion has overthrown tyrants and freed prisoners and slaves. Passion has brought justice where there was savagery. Passion has created freedom where there was nothing but fear. Passion has helped souls rise from the ashes of their horrible lives and build something better, stronger, more beautiful.

Current Challenge-the Making of a Sith Lord

0%
0%

Recruit | Level 0

The further you get away from yourself, the more challenging it is. Not being in your comfort zone is great fun.

~ Benedict Cumberbatch

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram

Kinda needing a went, didn't polish or reason this post much, this just is on my mind right now.

Just stopped to think how much of my life goes to a waste, and how f*****g inefficient

it is. Partly a personal rant.. *Somber, sad and thoughtful face* *sniff* because hey, it really hits home, alright?!

I don't really know how much anyone stops to look at life, and - no, really look and see the things that happen.

As an example, look at that:

"The report also confirms a familiar pattern in television viewing.

We watch a lot of television while we’re young and mostly at home.

Our viewership drops when we hit our teen years and start to develop more outside interests.

But after that our viewing then rises in pretty much a straight line for the rest of our lives.

-- --

2-11: 24 hours, 16 minutes.

12-17: 20 hours, 41 minutes.

18-24: 22 hours, 27 minutes.

25-34: 27 hours, 36 minutes.

35-49: 33 hours, 40 minutes.

50-64: 43 hours, 56 minutes.

65-plus: 50 hours, 34 minutes."

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/average-american-watches-5-hours-tv-day-article-1.1711954

Almost a day a week. Yeah, it just feels like a waste. Enjoyed, yeah, but still a waste.

"It's a time you will never get back", yanno?

Xkcd comics, that's related: Heads up! F-word and S-word at the end.

dreams.png

Oh, and if I got up anyones nose, speak up. I'm not above apologies and discussion.

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

Kinda needing a went, didn't polish or reason this post much, this just is on my mind right now.

Just stopped to think how much of my life goes to a waste, and how f*****g inefficient

it is. Partly a personal rant.. *Somber, sad and thoughtful face* *sniff* because hey, it really hits home, alright?!

I don't really know how much anyone stops to look at life, and - no, really look and see the things that happen.

As an example, look at that:

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/average-american-watches-5-hours-tv-day-article-1.1711954

Almost a day a week. Yeah, it just feels like a waste. Enjoyed, yeah, but still a waste.

"It's a time you will never get back", yanno?

Xkcd comics, that's related: Heads up! F-word and S-word at the end.

dreams.png

Oh, and if I got up anyones nose, speak up. I'm not above apologies and discussion.

I'm a little bit ahead of you, I had that realization a while back, and have been in a constant process of learning now. I'm now WELL below the 33 hours for my group, and now I've got a few projects on my plate, between woodworking(in the works), recycling/refining(well underway), smelting(that'll come after I figure out refining), gardening(in the works), I'm down to 1 or 2 shows a night as I make/eat dinner, so at the most 10 hours a week.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

I dunno.  Getting upset because "people watch too much TV" is like getting upset because (for example) "people don't exercise."

It might be true (although I wonder about the methodology/sample selection in a report based on Neilson).  But what you have control over isn't the amount of time an average 21 year old American watches TV.  What you have control over (and what actually affects your quality of life) is the amount of time that Fearkiller spends watching TV.  And that is an awesome amount of power.  Power you have.

This used to be where  my weight loss progress bar was. Maybe it will be here again when I'm ready to face the scale and work on my fat problem.
 NewBattleLog              OldBattleLog (between challenges)

Spoiler

Don't let what you cannot do
interfere with what you can do.

-John Wooden

2013 Running Tally: I lost track in July, at 148.925  ((plus 0.5)) but I finished a Very Slow marathon in October. Then I mostly stopped.
2014 Running Tally: 134.1 miles plus 5k (as of 17 September) lost track again, but I know I had at least 147.2 plus 5k for 2014.
2015 Running Tally: 41.2 treadmilled miles & 251.93 real world miles

2016 Running Tally: 0

I don't think it was outward anger, per se, but the realization of how much time we spend - or waste, depending on your point of view, on things that ultimately bring very little except superficial and shallow joy to our lives.

It feeds into the line of motivational quotes: what am I doing now?  Can I be using my time more efficiently?  Will what I'm doing now make me happy?  Will it contribute to things that are both beneficial to me, and will make me happy?

For some people the answer is tv, or more tv.  For others, not so much.  I'm not passing judgment on what is tantamount to a personal "quality of life" decision, but rather trying to explain the epiphany.

It's like finally doing out a budget and realizing you spend half your money on eating out, when you really thought it was only "once or twice a month".  Kind of a Keanu Reeves "whoa" moment.

• Like 1

“But, this dark place is not the end. Remember that the darkness of night precedes the dawn. And as long as your heart still beats, this is not the death of it. You don’t have to die here. Sometimes, the ocean floor is only a stop on the journey. And it is when you are at this lowest point, that you are faced with a choice. You can stay there at the bottom, until you drown. Or you can gather pearls and rise back up—stronger from the swim, and richer from the jewels.†
― Yasmin Mogahed

Maybe tomorrow

An old man looks back upon his life, knowing his end is near.

He stares through the rain and tries to figure out the exact moment when his dreams died.

But there is no one moment. Dreams die by degrees. One tiny cut at a time.

You can miss the gym one day, or not ask that girl out, or suffer that terrible boss for another week. None of these individual moments matter. There’s always tomorrow to make it right.

You can put back your dream holiday, or promise to write that book later, or swear you’ll stop smoking after this one cigarette. There’s always tomorrow to make it right.

There’s no one moment when you fail everything you aimed for.

There’s always tomorrow, until there’s not.

-Oliver Emberton

• Like 2

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

It's a little long, and dramatic, but it ends with perhaps the most poignant take on fear I've heard. This show was a huge influence on my young life, and this episode definitely in particular. (Skip to about the 8:00 mark to hear the fear bit.)

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

Though it seems the past and future look the same
Suffice to say that you're still here.

VNV nation, Carry you

Don't know if this link will work...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=433600493463804&set=a.237074459783076.1073741825.100004415712856&type=1

Someone let me know if it does/doesn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Don't know if this link will work...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=433600493463804&set=a.237074459783076.1073741825.100004415712856&type=1

Someone let me know if it does/doesn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It works, and probably will be returning to it to read it again.

"What I do today is important because I am paying a day of my life for it.  What I accomplish must be worthwhile because the price is high."

• Like 2

Level 2 Warforged Druid

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

"What I do today is important because I am paying a day of my life for it.  What I accomplish much be worthwhile because the price is high."

Sigged!

And while hunting for the author of that quote, I found this gem:

Man's mind, stretched to a new idea, never goes back to its original dimension.

- Oliver Wendell Holmes

• Like 2

Sigged!

And while hunting for the author of that quote, I found this gem:

Man's mind, stretched to a new idea, never goes back to its original dimension.

- Oliver Wendell Holmes

I noticed that the "much" should be "must".  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

"What I do today is important because I am paying a day of my life for it.  What I accomplish must be worthwhile because the price is high."

Along these lines I read one not long ago that said

"Beyonce has just as many hours today as you do"

You could insert whatever person in there, but I kinda liked it...

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

It works, and probably will be returning to it to read it again.

37. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.

That was an interesting thought.