Forums are back in action! ×

100 Burpee Challenge

OrangeJorwell

Ugh...I did half of today's this morning and then took a rest and felt a sharp pain in one of my little toes.  I looked down and it was bleeding around the nail.  Since I've been doing them all barefoot, I'm going to take the day off and try again tomorrow while wearing shoes and see if that helps.

Level 3 Ranger

STR: 6 | DEX: 3 | STA: 9 | CON: 4 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 5

Current Challenge

Ugh...I did half of today's this morning and then took a rest and felt a sharp pain in one of my little toes.  I looked down and it was bleeding around the nail.  Since I've been doing them all barefoot, I'm going to take the day off and try again tomorrow while wearing shoes and see if that helps.

Ow! What a bitch! Shoes sound like a good idea! 

Level 8 Wookiee Ranger

STR 33.5 | DEX 17.5 | STA 17.75 | CON 14.5 | WIS 18.5 | CHA 8.25
"Do, or do not, there is no try" - Yoda

#1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 Challenge #7

Fitocracy

Dropping this challenge. It's been interfering with what I really want to focus on. So I need to set priorities and stop this challenge.

Still plan on making it to 5050 burpees... just not in the spirit of this challenge.

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

Dropping this challenge. It's been interfering with what I really want to focus on. So I need to set priorities and stop this challenge.

Still plan on making it to 5050 burpees... just not in the spirit of this challenge.

Awww.  :(  Well good luck on whatever it is that you're focusing on.  Maybe you can join us next time for the inverted burpee challenge.  ;)

I did 38 yesterday at CrossFit as one leg of an AMRAP, which helped, and taught me that I can indeed do burpees with shoes on, so I have no excuse not to do them now.  :)

Level 3 Ranger

STR: 6 | DEX: 3 | STA: 9 | CON: 4 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 5

Current Challenge

I'm back! My back issue fixed itself with some extra hydration, a little rest, some good massage work with my trusty baseball, and a few showers where finished with cold water over my back (ack! that's a mouthful of a recovery tool). Tonight I did 17,19,20,and 21 to begin my ascent out of deficit land. (much more to come tomorrow with an audience of my dog and my son)

To find piece with myself
I must first find a piece of myself

I skipped yesterday and had to catch up... 63 burpees after doing both a WOD and upper body strength training in PT. Ouch! 

ouch is right..

I had to play catch up yesterday too.. 85 :P

but on the plus side 31 doesn't seem so bad now :)

BlackWidowEowyn

Lvl 6 Hobbit Assassin

"Obstacles can't stop you, problems can't stop you. Most of all, other people can't stop you. Only you can stop you. " – J. Gitomer

"A vision of a champion is someone who is bent over drenched in sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is watching. "– Anson Dorrance

My kick in the Pants, #1, #2, #3, #4, #5

@missmajachere

Wow, so much action on this challenge thread...it's a great effort to keep up!

I finally got caught up yesterday and did 32 today (16+16) so I'm still in...as long as my shoulder and other body parts agree!

Celtic ScoutLevel 4Str 8 | Dex 7.5 | Sta 12.25 | Con 9 | Wis 10.5 | Cha 7.75Battle Log"Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

ouch is right..

I had to play catch up yesterday too.. 85 :tongue:

but on the plus side 31 doesn't seem so bad now :)

I was just thinking the same thing... Skipped a day and did 71 yesterday... Looking forward to only doing 37 today!!!!! 

Level 8 Wookiee Ranger

Fitocracy

Felt a bit sore on Sunday, so only did 14. Played catch up on Monday with 55. 36 yesterday felt good. Too bad that I'm not a monster Ent like Phylanx ;) or a super Wookiee like TerraNik ;) ...great job!

Celtic ScoutLevel 4Str 8 | Dex 7.5 | Sta 12.25 | Con 9 | Wis 10.5 | Cha 7.75Battle Log"Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

I am still in but getting far behind... I hurt my back the other day and so have not been able to do my daily burpees... but I will make it up... soon

It's still under 200 for me to catch up and since I did 700 one time.. I think I can do it. :P

But I must wait until the muscles in my back quit spazzing out everytime i try one

BlackWidowEowyn

Lvl 6 Hobbit Assassin

"Obstacles can't stop you, problems can't stop you. Most of all, other people can't stop you. Only you can stop you. " – J. Gitomer

"A vision of a champion is someone who is bent over drenched in sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is watching. "– Anson Dorrance

@missmajachere

Look after yourself BWE!! It's all about consistency, but if you're hurting yourself it's not worth it. 

For some bizarre reason I am finding them easier all of a sudden... Day 45 today. Maybe I've just gotten through that mental block and just get it done. Plus I train with like-minded nutters - two of whom spontaneously decided to join me because it apparently looked like fun! So it's nice having company and a good challenge - we race! 

Level 8 Wookiee Ranger

Fitocracy

I am happy to report the back is all better... AND I'm all caught up :D

BlackWidowEowyn

Lvl 6 Hobbit Assassin

@missmajachere

I am happy to report the back is all better... AND I'm all caught up :D

Whoot!

I'm really REALLY far behind but not discouraged. I keep meaning to start a habit of doing a quick set right when I wake up in the morning but my morning brain is never on board (in the off chance I even remember)

Nice job catching up BlackWidowEowyn!

Keep at it Phylanx!

It is tough to work on getting caught up. I got behind due to a sore shoulder which I rested for several days. Now I owe 285 total plus today! At least we are past the halfway point and they do seem to be getting a bit easier...at least I can do larger sets.

I was just wondering who else is still in this :) glad I'm not the only crazy one ;)

I decided to make it part of my 6 week challenge with the goal of learning to do things i don't like NOW instead of putting them off until they seem impossible. THe higher the numbers go the harder it is to catch up, but it's not hard to stay on top once you are there

BlackWidowEowyn

Lvl 6 Hobbit Assassin

@missmajachere

I'm out...my shoulder just keeps bugging me. I will take a couple of days off and feel OK, then catch up and wake up sore again. I rested it for 4 days, then burpees for 2 and it was the same, so I think I should bow out :(

Good luck to the rest of you burpee-lovers! Keep at it!

@ ellisd012 - when your shoulder feels up to it you should do some sort of pulling exercise. You may have created an imbalance with the high volume of pushing. Great effort staying with it for so long and good luck on the shoulder rehab.

I was just wondering who else is still in this :) glad I'm not the only crazy one ;)

I decided to make it part of my 6 week challenge with the goal of learning to do things i don't like NOW instead of putting them off until they seem impossible. THe higher the numbers go the harder it is to catch up, but it's not hard to stay on top once you are there

It looks like it's just us two for now (with I-Jo joining us soon). My goal is to catch up by the end of next week instead of trying to catch up in two days (again) and burning out (burpee-ing out?) only to get behind again.

@ I-Jo : welcome! if your still plugging away when I'm done I'll keep doing 100/day to keep you company.

Thanks!  I'm excited. I love doing new challenges (diet and fitness alike).  I talked my coworker into doing something like 50 pushups every 3 hours every day at work (as best as possible- sometimes we have meetings and things and it's really not practical and I'm REALLY good at squeezing push ups in somewhere!)

I'm only waiting till March instead of starting now because I felt the concrete DAY 1 factor would help in calender calculating. LOL (I'll admit- I'm lazy).  I've tried to recruit some folks via FB- but no one seems to want to play.   I've done 100 before all in one shoot as part of a workout (well- rotations of 10's but 100 total) and it's an ass kicker for sure but I say what the hey why not!

I do them on the regular anyway so I'm looking forward to this.  Good excuse to do burpees where ever I go!

what day are you all on at this point?

oh- and to clarify- if they are part of the workout- it counts too right?

:D go burpee challenge!!! 

Archived