Forums are back in action! ×

Will you stop clowning around and do something!?

If we ever meet, there's a giant hug coming your way!

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

I am a hug whore.  I take them all.  

Yesterday was a simple enough RAK.  Paid for the bosses lunch.  I know he can afford it and he's often paid for mine because he's kind like that.  I wanted to let him know I appreciate what he does.  
Boom; 4 down.  

Is anyone out in NFLandia doing some RAKs of their own?  Share your RAKs with me!

• Like 2

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

I try to make them a priority throughout the year, but it's easy to get distracted.  Next year will be different.  

Rooks!  You have a message waiting.

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Well done, Sloth!  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

I am a hug whore.  I take them all. 

Wow. :blink: Now that's two words I thought I wouldn't see together ever.

Nevertheless, an addition to the 'Things I want to draw someday' list. :tongue:

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

Wow. :blink: Now that's two words I thought I wouldn't see together ever.

Nevertheless, an addition to the 'Things I want to draw someday' list. :tongue:

I aim to please.

Jitters "Anything for a laugh" Clown

Level 2 Warforged Druid

I aim to please.

Jitters "Anything for a laugh" Clown

Should I think this as a happy thing, or..?

It has some dark/desperate undercurrent.

(That might just be my quirky imagination.)

Happy thing.  I'm glad I inspire people to do things they enjoy doing (such as your drawing) and don't mind when something I do either in jest, on purpose or at my expense causes the inspiration.  

And I'm thinking "Hug Whore" is going on a name tag.  

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

And here we are, back from our first of 4 Christmas events in Jittersland.  I am usually quiet on the weekends around these parts.  Mostly because I am doing a lot of other things and not sitting in front of a computer all day...  Let's take a look at the update for the 12 RAKs of Christmas:

Friday, went to the gas station to grab a RedBox for the evening.  Made it to the box, looked at my choices, decided I didn't like any of them and told the teenager behind me who was on his phone trying to figure out what movie to get for him and his boyfriend to watch that I'll pick up his movie if he remembers to help someone out if he's able at some point before Christmas.  He agreed, shook my hand and picked out the new Mission Impossible movie.  Holy crap, how did I miss that one?  And it was the last one in that machine.  Oh well.  Number 5 done.

Saturday was a pretty busy day for me.  A few glass drop offs, a last minute shopping trip for the party the next morning and some fun game time with the kids.  Stopped for gas across the river (live in MN, was in WI dropping off an order) and saw a father trying to change a tire while his two kids were in the back.  He seemed to be having a hard time of it.  I asked if he wants to borrow my jack and 4-way lug wrench.  I know how much the ones that come with the vehicles suck ass.  I got him changed and went in to pay for my gas and wash up.  He offered to pay for my gas, but honestly, it's not why I do these things, so I declined.  I told him to have a good rest of his day with his kids.  He seemed to smile a little brighter at that.  We're half way done with 6.  

Sunday was a hard day to get one done.  Left the house to get to my grandma's around 9am, had the party, went to my sister-in-laws for a football party and didn't get home till 6ish.  I had to run out to the coffee shop because I had a lot to button up last night.  Surprisingly long line at 7 in the evening.  Ordered up an overpriced sugar drink (I know, I know...) and said, "and whatever the young lady behind me is getting".  It took her a moment to realize what was going on.  The cashier told her that she didn't have to pay because the generous guy ahead of you took care of it.  The gal behind me ordered and came over to say thanks.  I told her that it was my pleasure to help her out.  She told me that she's been stressed from holiday shopping and with family coming in this week, she's been trying to get her place ready to go.  I told her that it sounded like it was going to be a nice Christmas for her and hoped she got to enjoy some time for herself as well.  Left the store and got home in time to finish everything on my list.  I've been nailing this season so far.  7.  7 RAKs.  hahaha.
count-von-count-o.gif

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Welcome to a very special episode of Jitters' "12 Days of RAKs".  Today, we're featuring a special young man who, with this kind of heart, is going to change the world.  Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you, Jitters Junior.
We ran out last night for some odds and ends for the house.  Just the two of us.  In the car, we talked about his day at school, his excitement for Christmas, we oohed and aahed at the 3M building and sang along to the Christmas music blasting in the car.  We get to our destination and we start our shopping experience.  He insists on pushing the cart because "I have to practice this sort of thing, Dad".  Learning to drive should be fun.  We get our stuff and he asks if he can look for something to get Jitter Bug for Christmas.  I tell him that isn't a problem at all and it's nice that he's thinking of his little sister.  He doesn't know that she got him something too.  Friday is going to be great.  He picks out a little doll she's had her eye on and a pet puppy to go with the doll.  Feeling pretty good about himself, we go to the register.  It's busy because it's the season and we're waiting in line patiently.  I'm in my own world at this point making sure I didn't forget anything off the list (I did...  sigh) and JJ asks me (again, apparently) if he can buy a candy bar.  I say "Sure, but you have to save it for tomorrow after school".  He tells me it's not for him.  I look confused, but know that look on his face, so I didn't push it.  We ring up separately (kids got more cash on hand than I do these days.  He's had a fair bit of glass work sell) and after he gets his change, he takes the candy bar and hands it to the cashier.  She smiles at him and says "Thank you!  How did you know I love Snickers?"  He looked at her with all the seriousness of an 8 year old and said "An elf told me you've been good this year", winks at her and heads out the store.  I'm standing there with my mouth hanging open for a minute, smile at the cashier and follow after him.  She looked stunned and I saw her eyes get a little misty.  I catch up with my little man and we load up the car and I ask him what that was all about.  He told me he overheard the cashier say she was tired and hungry and didn't get her break yet so he thought he'd help her out.  JJ wins the kindness award this year.  Proud of him.  8 down, 4 to go.  

• Like 4

Level 2 Warforged Druid

This just keeps getting better and better!

• Like 2

Well done sir! You are an inspiration to us all. 

Frank-Underwood-Saying-Welcom-Back-House

Level 2 Warforged Druid

You're such a good role model for your kids!

I hope I am now.  I am grateful that they didn't know me when I was younger.  I don't know that they would have liked me then.  It's taken quite a journey to get to where I am.  And I couldn't be happier.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

I believe that you generally find what you are looking for.  If you are looking for reasons to be grumpy, you'll find 'um. If you are looking for reasons to be happy you'll find 'um.  Makes me think I could do a better job of looking for ways to make people smile.  Jitters, your wave of positivity is more powerful than el nino.  Can't wait to hear about the last 4 RAKs!  

• Like 1

Sorted Hufflepuff, Self Proclaimed Stark, Lover of LEGOS

Love the stuff you love, and pursue your passions without fear or regret.

Weekly Battle Log Here: Silver Sword

There is also some science behind it.  The synapses in your brain come closer together with your common emotions.  If you smile and are more positive, it becomes easier to go back to those emotions.  Conversely, when you let yourself get upset or depressed often, that's where your brain wants to go.  I chose happiness.  

And Jen, I can't imagine anyone not smiling when you walk into a room.  You go with your awesome self!

• Like 2

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Welcome back to Jitters' "12 RAKs of Christmas".  Two more to update you good people with:
Last night, I was wasting time before my school board meeting and saw a car parked in front of a house with their tire off and holding up the car.  No one was around.  I took down the size and ran to my local tire shop.  Bought one that would fit and went back and got it on.  Left a note on the windshield informing the owner that Christmas came a bit early this year and that I hope they have a happy New Year.  Got to my meeting right on time, though with dirty hands.  9 finished

Today, I was feeling really good.  The rain is starting to turn to snow (it's the end of Dec and MN doesn't have any snow!  WTH!?) and I've got my music cranked up.  Monday I got a bonus check for some outstanding orders placed (why I could buy a tire) and felt that Jitters Feeling. On Friday's (or the last work day of the week for these shorter weeks), we usually order out.  I took all the orders, called it in and picked it up.  I purposely forgot to take money from everyone and decided to buy lunch for the office.  (7 of us today, so not too bad)  It made our lunch break a little more lighthearted.  Feels good today.  10 down, two to go.  

• Like 2

Level 2 Warforged Druid

I'd give you an extra couple days... Just in case you need them to get the RAKs in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Level 6.5 Female Druid/Celtic Goddess
(Str. - 14) (Dex. - 10) (Sta. - 11) (Con. - 10) (Wis. - 11) (Char. - 13)

My Most Recent Challenge!

Spoiler

Awake every morning and do your best to follow this daily To-Do List:

1. Think Positively 2. Eat Healthy 3. Exercise Today. 4. Worry Less. 5. Work Hard. 6. Laugh Often. 7. Sleep Well.

Then? Repeat...

"Promise me you will always remember: You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

I got them in and I'm excited to update, however Jitters Junior fell ill Christmas afternoon and I'm making sure he has everything he needs. Soon

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid