Forums are back in action! ×

what would you do with 8 extra hours

Serious question because this happens to be my current situation and I'm trying to make the most efficient use of my time.

If you had 8 extra (free) hours in your day, what would you do?

I'm not looking for answers that are related to work ("I'd perfect that graph I made for a client to win the case" or "I'd plan extra lessons for my students")...

I'm hoping for answers more along the lines of pursuing hobbies or personal goals, e.g. "I'd write that scifi novel that's rolling around in my head" or "I'd experiment with different versions of my famous beer bread," etc.

And go!

Increase my words-per-day output from 1500 to 3000

Actually manage to make my way through the pile of books I need to read.

Do more research into the areas I've been meaning to: read more mythology and literary theory, learn another language.

Maybe pick up a craft: make a pair of pants or a shirt, learn to spin, or brew, or cook the perfect Peking duck.

I also like to think I'd go to the gym more often.  But we all know I'm far too lazy for my own good   :playful:

Previous challenges:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

8 hours would be great.  I would find 4 hours to read (cause it takes a lot of my diminishing free time currently), 1 hour for cooking, 1 for research into benign things and 2 for stained glass projects.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Now would these 8 extra hours be for me specifically, or does the rest of my family get them too? Because if it's the latter, it's probably going to be spent doing what I usually do, cleaning after/chasing after my kids and then feeling even more exhausted.

I'd probably use it for sleep. ._.

Pixie Ranger Drunk on Tea~ (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Exactly CF, if I had to chase after my kids for those 8hrs pretty much the same things would be getting done daily, however if it was really free time I would still be doing housework but it would be the things I can't get done like fixing the gutters on my house and really learning how to make bread

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

I'd start learning new skills, like leather working, knife throwing, guitar lessons, medieval sword fighting, etc....

So many things to do, so many skills to learn!

Lever 3 Survivor - STR:5/DEX:2,75/STA:6/CON:3,5/WIS:3/CHA:1

Challenges: 1 | 2

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Robert Heinlein

Honestly I'd like to give you some big grand goal, I've love to get back into fencing (that is with a sword, not fence posts) or more guitar practice (every year is going to be the year I get beyond knowing 5 chords, you can guess how that usually ends up), but realistically I'd procrastinate it all away and have nothing to show for it. 

This is kinda like that question on AskReddit awhile ago about the pill that would immediately give you the full effects of having a full 8 hours of deep sleep, essentially eliminating the need for sleeping.  Except that you just have 8 extra hours in your day.  So maybe it's not like that at all.  :playful:

If I had an extra 8 hours in my day I would probably have a hard time figuring out what to do first.  I would definitely work out more, work on any side projects that I had started (maybe coding, building a birdhouse, who knows), maybe play some of those games on Steam that I've been putting off.  I would try first and foremost to use the opportunity to better myself.

Challenge thread | Battle logs | Active PVP | @PetziCola

Start: 349 lbs | Current: 332.6 lbs | Goal: 275 lbs

Endomondo | MyFitnessPal | Personal website

"Ah yes, I was wondering what would break first... your spirit, or your body!" - Bane, The Dark Knight Rises

Six Week Challenge Weight Loss Progress:

20%
20%