Forums are back in action! ×

What made you smile today?

At work, and I have youtube playing in the background, occasionally I'll drop into the comments and read a few. So I'm listening to Back in Black by AC/DC, and I read "Totally gonna learn this on ocarina."

had to laugh...

• Like 3

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

This happened very, very early this morning, but my wife called me at work, freaking out and crying.

Normally this would not be cause for a smile.

But, the reason she was freaking out and crying was because she found out she is pregnant.

We are going to have our second child (and we've been trying for less than 45 days since her mirena came out, so I'd like to think I have some above average swimmers as well).

I've had a smile on my face all day (including through sleeping earlier).

• Like 9

"Sweat more in peace, so you bleed less in war."

I work at a university so the local tech support is often made up of young college aged people. I just had one in to fix something on my computer. It's running super slow so he asked how old it is. When I told him, he said "Three years old? Well, I always say that computers age about 10 years for every year so yours is kind of getting to middle age and, ya know, slowing down, feeling like it can't quite make it much longer..." The oh s**** look on his face as he tried to backtrack after I said "Hey!" was worth the (unintended) insult.

• Like 3

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

I work at a university so the local tech support is often made up of young college aged people. I just had one in to fix something on my computer. It's running super slow so he asked how old it is. When I told him, he said "Three years old? Well, I always say that computers age about 10 years for every year so yours is kind of getting to middle age and, ya know, slowing down, feeling like it can't quite make it much longer..." The oh s**** look on his face as he tried to backtrack after I said "Hey!" was worth the (unintended) insult.

Oh that was so mean! But I am laughing nevertheless :D:D

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

I went to MMA to pick up my son (he goes 2x a week, different nights than me).  After his class is the adult class.  One of the newbies (who is a very, very in-shape older guy) was waiting for the adult class to start.  He looked up at me, smiled in recognition (since he had been my partner all Monday for striking, clinching and grappling), then his jaw dropped and he said "Oh, crap, do you go Thursdays, too?!"

I am happy to inspire that kind of (good-humored) terror in someone. :D

• Like 2

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

1. Canucks won last night, and the game ended with an EPIC fight. 

2. Quality time with the bf today included a run to the dump and digging up a sewer. We have a special relationship...

• Like 2

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

Take a trip back to the 80s, when music videos made you wonder what was in those brownies...

I'm looking forward to the movie, David hasslehoff, Vikings, dinosaurs, hitler, what more could a want?

Also just now learning that hitler autocorrects to butler, so that's nice.

• Like 2

Follow me on snapchat or instagram @ catintherack

Squat: 115kg

Bench: 77.5kg

Deadlift: 130kg

Total: 322.5kg

Weight: 68kg

I'm looking forward to the movie, David hasslehoff, Vikings, dinosaurs, hitler, what more could a want?

Also just now learning that hitler autocorrects to butler, so that's nice.

Maybe the butler has a secret....

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)