Forums are back in action! ×

What's your own personal motto

"Build a thousand bridges and suck one dick: you're not a bridge-builder, you're a dick-sucker."

Homophobia aside, I quite liked this quote. It reminds me that doing something wrong can have a larger effect than getting something right.

• Like 1

Follow me on snapchat or instagram @ catintherack

Squat: 115kg

Bench: 77.5kg

Deadlift: 130kg

Total: 322.5kg

Weight: 68kg

I have a few depending on the situation:

Com'on feet= Often said when I am tired, wornout or plain dragassing. But I know my feet will carry me forward, they're they best transportation I have.

It hasn't killed me yet- my response to fearful things. I get afraid, but being afraid hasn't killed me yet, and neither has doing the things that make me afraid.

My family motto: Let the deed shaw./ Let the deeds show. Your actions speak for you in other words.

Carpe coleus: seize the testicles. Because seize the day is sometimes too gentle and I have to remind myself that I am worth standing up for.

Last but not least, stolen and summarized from the Tough Mudder pledge: I do not whine, kids whine. I overcome all fears.

"What doesn't kill me better start running", level 7 Furyan Assassin
My Journey From Fat to Fit: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|CURRENT

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

" humans learn by two methods, repetition and trauma."  I can tell you not to touch a hot stove a million times but until you burn yourself you wont learn not to

"sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats you" Don't sweat failures

"you gotta work, bitch!" attributed to Britney Spears

• Like 2

People who say something can't be done are annoying to those of us who are doing it.  (Dad)

I didn't fail.  I learned 99 ways NOT to make a light bulb (Thomas Edison)

Most people don't realize how close they were to success when they quit.  (Edison again)

If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.  H.L. Menken

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.

H. L. Mencken

Personally, I’m interested in keeping other people from building Utopia, because the more you believe you can create heaven on earth the more likely you are to set up guillotines in the public square to hasten the process. - James Lileks

• Like 1

If carpe coleus is ever muttered to me, I'm going to immediately cover my balls in a reflex. Thanks a lot you guys -_-

• Like 1

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. (Usually reserved for people who get hurt or killed while doing monumentally stupid things, think Darwin awards)

On a related note:

Mess with the bull, get the horns.

Stupid is as stupid does.

e7f6cdea5ac6ee458dde5946fe9edfc8.jpg

• Like 2

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

I've had a few over the years, and a few got stuck:

"You get life, and breath, a world to walk and a path through the world--and the free will to wander the world as you choose." & "Make good art", both by Neil Gaiman. "Little by little one travels far" by Tolkien. "Everything under the sky" from the movie Hero, "Victims, ain't we all" from the original The Crow movie. And vulnerability is your strength (a Forrest Yoga reminder). Not to forget the way I was raised: the only valid reason for missing an appointment or somewhere I was needed is my own funeral (all though I am now trying to unlearn this, the motto has kept me alive on dark days - surpringly enough).

This year I am reminding myself to Breathe in pain, breathe out hope - which basically is a meditation technique named Tonglen (if one switches the notion of hope with love).

From the North, I am. Grammar applys here not.

Forest Elven Lightstalker Lv. 3

“Little by little, one travels farâ€.― J.R.R. Tolkien.

42%
42%

% of Available Sparklepoints Collected, Current Challenge

<p>

Isaiah 54:17

No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

I will be getting a tattoo of this reference on a shield with crossed swords on my left shoulder soon.

• Like 2

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

"Leave it all on the pitch."

“Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

Level 4, Amazon Ranger

Current Challenge:  NicBot-5000 enters Recovery Mode

Previous Challenges: 12, 3,  4, 5, 6

PRE REBOOT CHALLENGES: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Various links and sundry: Battle log, Respawn post

My exercise motto is "Just keep moving," based mostly on Finding Nemo. I kinda chant it to myself when I am hitting the wall.

My life motto is probably "Allow others to underestimate you" or "Expect nothing, and you will always be pleasantly surprised." 

Phobos28km the level 2 Stone giant Scout 
STR 2.4|DEX 1.1|CON 2.2|STA 1.3|WIS 3.6|CHA 0.3
Current Challenge

My family garden blog

"Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it."

"Work smarter, not harder."

"Two is one. One is none."

"Don't dwell." - 311

"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing." -Benjamin Franklin

"WE RIDE!" -To be shouted with gusto and confidence OR spoken in a gravelly voice OR barely above a whisper before embarking on a journey or task. Trust me...how it's said for each occasion matters. This dictates the attitude of the entire adventure.

-BUSCH

"Non Serviam"

It means I will not serve. It's supposedly the last thing Lucifer said to God before throwing down his sword and leaving Heaven. 

It also features prominently in the writing of James Joyce, especially in A Portrait of the Artist As a Young Man and there specifically refers to a line that reads: "I will not serve that in which I no longer believe."

To be honest, the latter is what has always rang true for me, but the former is also pretty bad ass, so I'll take both. 

• Like 1

Grrr...