Forums are back in action! ×

Battle Kitten: Ascension

28 minutes ago, fleaball said:

I want to go to Starbucks. I need to go to CVS to finally get my medicine. But I can’t get out of bed. 

20 seconds of energy! Once you do it you'll be over the hump. 

• Like 4

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

8 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

20 seconds of energy! Once you do it you'll be over the hump. 

It’s too late. The world will have to go on without me. There’s a cat curled up next to me and I can’t disturb it. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

6 minutes ago, fleaball said:

It’s too late. The world will have to go on without me. There’s a cat curled up next to me and I can’t disturb it. 

Oh no! You're doomed to stay in bed all day. 

• Like 3

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

I got a drink at Starbucks that I haven’t gotten in a while and I ordered it totally wrong fml. 

Today is turning out to be a “should have stayed in bed” day rawr. I blame the cat, because he moved and took away my excuse for not getting up. 

• Like 4

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

5 hours ago, fleaball said:

Oh man, the feline paralysis caught you. You are doomed.

Never mind, you made it out of bed. Did the cat wander off?

• Like 2

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

1 hour ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Oh man, the feline paralysis caught you. You are doomed.

Never mind, you made it out of bed. Did the cat wander off?

Yup. Like 5 minutes after I resigned myself to a day in bed he got up and moved to a corner by himself.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

FUCK MY ENTIRE LIFE I was home in time for Supernatural and totally fucking forgot about it. Oh well. My father is in a pissy mood and probably wouldn't have relinquished the TV anyway. Or might have but would have stalked around the house since there was nowhere to go/nothing else to do.

Ten minutes at home was more than enough to remind me why I usually stay out until my father goes to bed and my brother has more or less settled in for the night. Part of me wanted to go back out almost immediately because the app says it's busy, but I for real need to get this oil change tomorrow so I need to be a grownup and not do that. Also I don't feel like dealing with crazy people racing to stores, which is why I called it a night at 7:30 anyway. (Stores can't open as early in MA as they advertise nationally so most weren't open yet.) But when I came home my father was like "so you went out today after all??" in this judgmental tone. I said yes, I had to go pick up my prescription and since it seemed okay I just stayed out. I didn't say I basically had to go to justify not going to my uncle's, because he would have had a comment about that if he'd come home and I was still in my pajamas. At least I got money to deal with his attitude.

Weird noise I heard yesterday (and today) is apparently just the computer part of the car doing its thing? It sounds like a mechanical whirring kind of noise. My father decided to have me drive him around the block a few times to see what it was. (Partly "look I'm helping I'm such a nice person!" and partly so he could say "I told you so," basically.) He heard it in the driveway when we weren't moving, but not after I started driving. I still heard it. And he yelled at me for saying as much after he said it was gone. :rolleyes: But that reminded me that I hear things most people don't. When I used to work at the customer service desk in a busy, noisy supermarket I could still hear a noise when a light started blinking on receipt printers to indicate the paper was low. No one else ever noticed it. So okay, chalk that worry up to anxiety yesterday + having sensitive hearing. I'm still annoyed that I freaked out at all. 

Part of me feels bad, and has felt bad all week, about not going to my uncle's with my father. Because blah family and obligations blah blah and it's the first holiday without my mother blah blah blah. So I've been wrestling with that guilt all week, mostly because I can't find the line between "yes Flea, this is a thing you should suck it up and do" and "no you don't have to do the thing to support someone else, you should take care of yourself however you need to." But he didn't actually ask me to go with him, forgot to even tell me about it in the first place until I asked if my uncle had said anything, and even then just said "I assume you're not interested?" I realize we have severe communication issues in this family and he would probably never outright say "will you come with me?" but trying to be a mind reader and anticipate everyone's needs is how I get myself into trouble in the first place so fuck it. I've suggested he go to therapy for a number of things and offered to help him find bereavement support groups to deal with his shit but he won't do anything about it. ...lawl I just emailed the hospice folks to see if they knew if any local resources just so I can throw the list at him and wash my hands of it. Now I can just focus on worrying about Christmas. I'll probably go to my uncle's with him if they do brunch again like they did last year. One of his hundred cousins usually hosts a post-dinner thing in the evening so I'll send him to that alone since I can't remember any of them anyway. I'm probably just going to ask my brother if he and I can just not swap gifts because we both prefer to buy our own shit anyway and usually just give each other the same amount of cash. Although we may have to exchange something to placate my father. Not sure what to get him because he either returns or just never uses anything you get him. My mother bought him a $250 camera + a memory card + a case for it for his birthday in May because he'd been talking about getting back into photography and they're all still in a bag somewhere. I'm not spending a shit ton of money on something that will go to waste. 

Aaaaanyway, enough being bitter. I just redid my budget again based on the new health insurance cost and also decided which accounts to use for which purposes. (I have 3 checking accounts and 6 savings accounts because I am a nutjob.) Now all I have to worry about is actually making said money, and also not spending a ridiculous amount on food when I'm out. The good thing about Lyft is that it gives you a running total of what you've earned so I'll know when I've hit the amount my budget assumes each week and if I want extra money for something (running shooooooeeesssss) I can keep going til I hit all or part of that extra goal. Now I just need the discipline to get the hell out there and do it. 

Right. Gonna go journal and go to bed so I can successfully get up at stupid o'clock, get this shit done, and get on with my life.

44 minutes ago, Owlet said:

How rude. A true cat would not do this. I think it might be an alien masquerading as a cat. 

Unless of course he realised you wanted him to stay there, in which case of course he would move off lol. 

Honestly I think he scared himself awake and then moved because he couldn't figure out what happened. I was lying on my side, he was curled into me, basically, and then he extended one of his back legs, which wound up going over my leg and then he jolted awake looking confused. Because my leg was there? So it was either that or he knew I was counting on him to be my excuse for not working today.

• Like 7

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Ninja cat jumped on my bed and scared the shit out of me. Then proceeded to badger me for pats and in doing so stomped squarely on my nipple. My first thought (after “wtf seriously?!”) was to tag @Sylvaa again. 

Apparently today is going to be another “I have to be up early so of course I won’t sleep” kind of day. It’s 2:20 and my alarm is set for 7. :(

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

>____> got going an hour late than I wanted because I slept through my alarm. Just got to the place, guy said it’ll be 3-4 hours just for the oil change, plus checking out the brakes will take longer. Wheeee. Guess I’m spending $10 each way to go home and come back. If I’d thought it would be this busy I would’ve not showered before and just gone back to bed after I go home. Now even though I’m super tired I’ve been up and about too much to go back to sleep. :( Coffee and Supernatural it is. 

• Like 5

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

7 hours ago, fleaball said:

Ninja cat jumped on my bed and scared the shit out of me. Then proceeded to badger me for pats and in doing so stomped squarely on my nipple. My first thought (after “wtf seriously?!”) was to tag @Sylvaa again. 

Apparently today is going to be another “I have to be up early so of course I won’t sleep” kind of day. It’s 2:20 and my alarm is set for 7. :(

Every time I get tagged, I get really excited, because I hope I've cheered you up or said something deep and insightful. And every time it's got to do with a cat an boobs....I don't know what this says about me as a person. :cool-new:

Sorry to hear that your morning didn't go as planned. At least you got kitty loves!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Wound up quasi-napping for a bit. Started off as just kitty snuggles with no intention of sleeping, then that one abandoned me and the other one took his place, and at some point I must have fallen asleep because suddenly they're both in different places and I have a hangover. Yay.

They've had my car for 5 hours now and I haven't heard anything. I'll call them in a few minutes. I asked them to check the brakes too and the guy asked if they squeak just in the morning or all the time. I've noticed it even after driving for a bit but istg if they're fine and it's just something to do with them being cold I will be pissed. I think that's what's taking so long; when I called and asked about it for the car I had before whoever I spoke to said they had to call Lyft and get authorization for that kind of stuff so it can take longer. Dude didn't say anything about it today but argh. Arrrrrgh. 

4 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

Every time I get tagged, I get really excited, because I hope I've cheered you up or said something deep and insightful. And every time it's got to do with a cat an boobs....I don't know what this says about me as a person. :cool-new:

Sorry to get your hopes up. I'll let the next chapter of cat vs boob go untagged.  :) 

• Like 4

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I was JUST about to post that maybe I'll take the day off because my father and brother are both working tonight. 

And then my father came home and said his overtime was cancelled. 

Guess I'm going driving, if I ever get my car back.

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

JESUS

FUCKING

CHRIST.

Called to find out where my car was. Turns out while they were looking at it there's a laundry list of shit that needs to be done, which the shop had to write up an estimate for and send to Hertz to approve. But they're not open til Monday at whatever office needs to approve this, so they have to keep my car until Monday. Excuse me while I go scream at things. 

I'm glad now that I didn't go Wednesday morning because that would have meant no driving yesterday either.

Fuck everything omg.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

1 minute ago, Sylvaa said:

Sometimes, NF needs an angry button.

There is literally no reason that this kind of stuff shouldn't be done by Hertz on the front end instead of expecting you to be assigned an undrivable car. 

I think the reason is that this location is actually PepBoys and Hertz/Lyft just rent space and are there for only a few hours every day? So apparently what they do is just make sure it's clean and then turn them over to people and let them worry about everything else because they don't have the time/space/people to take care of it? Which, yes, is complete fucking bullshit. Like did they just rent me a car that's unsafe? That's a fucking lawsuit right there. 

I might have to start going to the actual Hertz location at the airport. I've been avoiding it because this location is a 10-minute drive vs hauling my ass to the airport somehow, but yeah. This is fucking insane. I'm writing them an email now telling them I'd better not be charged for today-Monday. I didn't even drive enough this week to cover the cost of the rental, let alone pay my actual bills.

• Like 4

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

This location is the only Hertz location I can deal with about this car. If I call a national number about getting the fees waived or something, they'll just tell me to go back to the guy who gave me the car. But they're only open 2-4 on Monday and take forfuckingever, and I have a doctor appointment at 3:30 Monday. I either have to cancel my appointment so I can go argue with the Hertz guy, or I have to wait until Tuesday to fight with him so I can go to my appointment Monday. I don't feel like I need this appointment (it's just a followup with my PCP) and could probably cancel but I don't want to, just on principle. I'm also afraid it will actually take until at least Tuesday to get this shit resolved because if he is the one who has to approve the maintenance, he probably won't do it in the morning. Fucking hell.

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

A different PepBoys guy just called me to tell me why I haven’t gotten the car back yet. (Not sure if the Lyft folks saw my email and called them or if it was a routine call on his part and he just phrased things weird because he started off with “the reason your car isn’t done yet is...”) Apparently they need approval for work over $500 and this car needs shocks, brakes, tires, “and some other stuff.” He said there’s a chance it might be approved tomorrow (“if *I* email him, he’ll do it for *me*”) but there’s no way I can get the car back til the work is done. This car only has 80k miles, how the fuck does it need all of this right now? Way to suck, Hertz. 

I looked up whether Uber has a rental program, just for shits and giggles. It’s also with Hertz. Never mind then. 

eta: same dude just called me back again to say that he called and texted the Hertz guy and will do it again tomorrow if he doesn’t hear back. I asked if the car was even safe to drive and he’s like “oh yeah it’s safe, it just needs $800+ worth of work and maintenance stuff.” 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

3 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

Don't ever stop! I enjoy the antics of Kitty & the Boobs (which should absolutely be our karaoke group name going forward).

This is totally what I meant by "questionable life choices."

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Yuuuuup tonight would've been a good night to go driving. My father has spent the past hour screaming at the top of his lungs because he can't figure out how to use the computer. I never thought I'd be hiding in my room from a parent at 29.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

15 hours ago, fleaball said:

Yuuuuup tonight would've been a good night to go driving. My father has spent the past hour screaming at the top of his lungs because he can't figure out how to use the computer. I never thought I'd be hiding in my room from a parent at 29.

Ughhhhhh. My father totally has tantrums like this too, but fortunately he still isn't scary even when he's doing it. :/ 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

Ughhhhhh. My father totally has tantrums like this too, but fortunately he still isn't scary even when he's doing it. :/ 

1 hour ago, Bean Sidhe said:

*hugs* I still find my parents scary, and I am older than you Flea, so I understand. *Hugs* Hopefully the car gets fixed soon.

The thing is, he wasn’t scary before. Like if anything I’d just laugh at him when I was younger. Now I’m constantly waiting for things to get thrown and/or broken or to suddenly hear one of the cats come scrambling through the house in fear. His anger issues are really getting worse and I am not a fan. 

It’s 4:30 and I haven’t heard about the car. Guessing I’m fucked til at least Monday. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Boob-kneading cat barfed on my bed this morning so I had to wash my sheets. (He probably did me a favor because they were overdue anyway tbh.) It just now occurred to me as I was making my bed that this was the first time in 2+ years that I didn’t strip the bed super cautiously and inspect the mattress while doing so. Yay!

other cat just gave me two heart attacks in five minutes by sneaking around like an asshole. 

Going to bed now, finally. But had to share my victory. 

• Like 8

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi