Forums are back in action! ×

Documenting my Skinny Fat Transformation (About me!)

Hey Guys,

I am currently documenting a transformation on YouTube :).

Unfortunately, I haven't come up with a cool title for it, so I've titled it:

The 'Skinny Fat Dad Bod Transformation Vlogumentary'

Background Story About Me

Between the years of 2010 - 2017, I've had the honour of being obese, skinny fat, having abs and everything in between!
Back in 2010, I weighed in at about 300 lbs and I decided that it was probably time for a change.

I experimented with many styles of exercise and diets, which had a mixed bag of results, until I finally settled on barbell training and flexible dieting to achieve all of my fitness/physique/strength goals. In late 2015/early 2016 I was in my prime, weighing about 180 lbs with visible abs (on a good day with good lighting :P) and some decently strong lifts.

I had the following in lbs:
295 x 5 Squat  

185 x 3 Bench Press

370 x 4 Deadlift

Things took a turn for the worst in March 2016

In March of 2016, I landed my first ever corporate job (desk job) which was EXTREMELY stressful. At the end of every working day, I'd be burnt out and struggling to sleep that night due to worrying about what challenges I'd have to face the following day at my job. It got to the point where I stopped going to the gym and started stress eating.

By December 2016 (only 2 months ago) I had become skinny fat for the second time in my life. Very little muscle mass and a gut with some huge love handles. So, I got back on the gym wagon in January 2017 and have been slowly building back up my physique and strength.

Two Big Things Are Different Now

1. I am documenting this transformation on Youtube. Why? Well, for one I would like to get some Internet Fame (selfish, I know, right?) Another reason is just because you always see these insane transformation pics/vids but rarely if ever do you see the process of getting there. I decided to try and fill that gap!
  2. I have about 6 years of diet and exercise experience with my own body under my belt. As such, I wanted to challenge myself to see how fast and efficiently I could get back to where I once was in terms of physique and strength. :)

My personal belief is that the general principals of fat loss and strength building are very straightforward. It's not always EASY, but very straightforward

With the comfort of knowing that the path to success is again, straightforward combined with my previous experience, I am looking to get back to my old strength levels and then blasting past them!

Yours truly,

Pair-Ah-Ducks Truth

Welcome. Sounds like an excellent idea. I know all about the "dad bod" since I am a father of four daughters with a career and a part-time job.

giphy.gif

Who am I? -- My NF Character

Current Challenge: WolfDreamer Enters Spartan Training

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals MoreWolfDreamer Embraces His Wild PoetThe Mad Poet Becomes SupernaturalWolfDreamer, The Mad Poet, Becomes SuperhumanWolfDreamer ElevatesWolfDreamer Becomes IronBornWolfDreamer Wakes the White WolfThe Mad Poet Recovers by Keeping it SimpleWolfDreamer Clears His Mind to Find His Wild HeartWolfDreamer ResetsWolfDreamer Strives to Become an Eminently Qualified Peaceful WarriorWolfDreamer Springs ForwardWolfDreamer Returns (For Real This Time)WolfDreamer is RespaWinningWolfDreamer RebootsWolfDreamer Thinks About the Roman Empire

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

"I feel love rising in my chest again
Rising like a burning sun into the day..." -- Gungor, "Hurricane"

"...wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17b