So I failed a lot of my goals for the last challenge but still achieved a (very slightly) positive change? so Task Failed Successfully?

VhJvBYr.png

So I'm going to take the win, declutter my goals because frankly I am always overly ambitious when starting NF again and I then get overwhelmed and stop posting, stop thinking about my goals and usually slack off my efforts on things I legit want to get started/finished.

Overall Goals

• Get my weight under 200 lbs and/or fit into a size L/12 by this time next year
  • Change my diet to 80% vegetarian by the end of the year
  • Sleep at least 7 hours a night every normal night of the year

Goals for this Challenge

• Go to bed within the same two hour window nightly (12 AM and 2 AM)
  • Of the 21 potential meals of the week (breakfast, lunch, dinner) eat at least 14 that have no meat
  • Get 10k steps a day
  • Go to the gym at least once a week, ideally 2-3 times

Tracking in the next few posts for each week.

• Like 3

yes/no meat

Monday  

Tuesday   

Wednesday   

Thursday   

Friday   

Saturday   

Sunday   

Breakfast

X X yes no no no no

Snack

X X no  no no no no

Lunch

X X n/a no n/a no no

Snack

X X no no no no no

Dinner

X X yes yes no yes yes

Bedtime

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

12-2  

X X 12:45 1:45 4:40 4:25  

Hours of sleep

X X 7 7 6.5 6.5  

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

Steps

X X 9186 10740!! 7793 15812! 11577

Gym

X X no no no no no
  • Like 2

Thanks! 

I'm hopeful that by keeping it simple but trackable that I will end up with better results, if at least, accountability and habit forming. 

I am fairly certain I will not be able to meet my food goal for the first week or two due to the amount of meat in the house that I cannot afford to let go to waste as well as not wanting to upset my girlfriend if she makes dinner without my input. She struggles with serious depression and little things like say "thanks for making dinner, but I won't eat that" is a terrible way to just toss her in the deep end of a sadness spiral.  But then again I did say 2/3 of all meals, which leaves dinner as fair game and since I make my own lunch and am the only one awake for breakfast I might make it through for the first week. This one doesn't count since I was part way through the week before setting the goals. 

In other news I got exactly 7 hours of sleep last night unintentionally. Haha, I left my alarm set for 8:45 which is normal for most work days and woke up exactly 7 hours after I laid down and shut my eyes. And like an absolute child I do NOT want to go to bed on time tonight, I want to read a book or play video games but I will be an adult about bed time and I'll do those things tomorrow. 

I might not handle bed time tomorrow night well though since I work until midnight. But if I go to bed late but still get 7 hours I'm calling it a win. 

• Like 3

I got nearly 7 hours of sleep but missed it due to being woken up by an absurd amount of text messages from friends, and the invasive spices in my home know as my cat Thor. He climbed up on my bed and started to work his way under my blanket to make biscuits against my damn feet. He is an absolute bastard sometimes but I love him to bits. 

I also missed my step goal but I had forgotten that my main task at work last night was to stand in place and put up sale tags then take two steps to the side and do more. Can't really get steps in when I have to stand still to do that part of my job. And when the shift ends at midnight there's no chance to get in a walk to make up the rest. But I don't have to do that again during this challenge so I should be good! 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Leigh said:

I got nearly 7 hours of sleep but missed it due to being woken up by an absurd amount of text messages from friends, and the invasive spices in my home know as my cat Thor.

My cat, Sasha, often acts as my alarm clock. Really need to find his snooze button.

• Haha 1

We are not sinners trespassing in the garden of an angry God.

We are prodigals come home; fully seen and deeply loved.

Put together enough small wins over a long enough period of time,

and you’ll find yourself in high level gear fighting dragons before you know it.

Spoiler

The snooze button on a cat is located in one of two places, under their chin or behind just one of their ears. It puts them into a sort of low power stasis mode where they are inclined to loaf and purr or flop over and work on their biscuit making skills. 

The trick is to find it and make sure you employ it carefully. It is not a good idea to mix up the buttons and end up with a cat loafing on your chest making biscuits directly into your neck and/or chest. 

Well this zero week is done and I did as well as I expected but I am determined to do better going forward. I haven't been set up the best way to charge forth with my plan since I was scheduled for a 10 day work week. I've had fairly low social energy and the weather has been 80% rain 20% brutally warm for the season so I have zero motivation to walk to the gym right now. I will be taking advantage of free rides from my room mate when he gets back from his parents place sometime this week. 

It isn't a long walk to get there by any measure but with working so much with no weekend to break up my time it is way, way more energy than I currently have. 

I've got a mini goal for myself for the next two days of finishing off the current fan fiction I'm in the middle of so that I have more free time for literal anything else. I get viciously sucked into well written fiction and have a very, very hard time putting it down so I can wind up in a dissociative state for hours on end. I've had my cats crawl up on top of me for hours at a time and purr and batt at my shirt and unless they knock the book or my phone out of my hands I will not know they are there. 

It gets tricky because good fiction will bleed over into my thoughts when I'm not actively reading or talking to someone about what I've read. 

I managed to complete and entire act of Diablo 4 and I have zero recollection of what I did in the game because I was going over the ending of a book I really liked that I had been reading through over the last two weeks. 

Although I could use that to my advantage and read a book while on a treadmill and just destroy my step count without thinking about it...

Should I use this power for good or evil?

• Like 2

On 5/6/2024 at 5:18 AM, Leigh said:

The snooze button on a cat is located in one of two places, under their chin or behind just one of their ears. It puts them into a sort of low power stasis mode where they are inclined to loaf and purr or flop over and work on their biscuit making skills. 

The trick is to find it and make sure you employ it carefully. It is not a good idea to mix up the buttons and end up with a cat loafing on your chest making biscuits directly into your neck and/or chest. 

There's an even more powerful button on a cat, located on their back, just at the base of the tail. It often works as an instant "you're now my favourite human" button. 😇

• Like 1

Active challenges: Summer bod - for real this time! | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

2023-24 threads: Challenge VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX

2018-19 & 2021 threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII

On 5/5/2024 at 9:18 PM, Leigh said:

Should I use this power for good or evil?

This is the wrong question. In the immortal words of StrongBad, "do you use your powers for good, or awesome?"

• That's Metal 1

and you’ll find yourself in high level gear fighting dragons before you know it.

Spoiler

On 5/8/2024 at 6:55 AM, TimovieMan said:

There's an even more powerful button on a cat, located on their back, just at the base of the tail. It often works as an instant "you're now my favourite human" button. 😇

This button is malfunctioning in both of my cats, it is the button labeled "press here to be bitten and viciously clawed" in Loki and it is the turn up volume at 3 am button on Thor. 

Also, I'm still here, just had a hellish week at work and I think I've been awake maybe 3 hours at a time over this weekend. 

I will update my tracking as best I can tomorrow before work. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Leigh said:

This button is malfunctioning in both of my cats, it is the button labeled "press here to be bitten and viciously clawed" in Loki and it is the turn up volume at 3 am button on Thor. 

They mixed up the wiring in Loki. That button should normally be a large button on the underside / belly.

Fortunately our spayed toms come with a warning system if you press it. Our molly... not so much... 😅

• Like 1

Active challenges: Summer bod - for real this time! | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

2023-24 threads: Challenge VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX

2018-19 & 2021 threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII

11 hours ago, TimovieMan said:

That button should normally be a large button on the underside / belly

On Sasha, that button triggers "this is your life now, you may not remove your hand"

ShyAnn doesn't seem to mind anymore than any attempt to pick her up, but if you rub her ears, she will demand continuation. And she'll drool on you in happiness. 

13 hours ago, Leigh said:

Also, I'm still here, just had a hellish week at work and I think I've been awake maybe 3 hours at a time over this weekend

Hope things go better this week

Spoiler