Today I officially quit . . .

. . . Smoking. Two things happened today that made me realize I'd kicked it for good.

First, I was helping a contractor load some concrete today and he lit up a Camel Turkish Gold, my preferred brand of cigarette, and for the first time EVER I didn't like the smell of it.

and second the person I quit smoking with asked me to buy them a pack of cigarettes, and usually I used that as an excuse to buy one too, and I told them "No, you don't need cigarettes to feel better."

I used to love smoking and I would rationalize it away and tell myself "I'll quit smoking later, I just don't want to right now" and it feels good to finally be done with that poison.

Also, being able to breathe is kinda cool too.

Goals

1. Long Term: 12% body fat by Dec 31st, 2013
  2. Mid Term: 22% body fat by Feb 6, 2013 (23rd birthday) - Current: 26%
  3. Short Term diet: 64oz of water a day for the first week of January.
  4. Short Term exercise: Increase reps on The Big Four.

Level 1 Dwarf Warrior STR: 4 DEX: 1 STA: 2 CON: 3 WIS: 4 CHA: 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] "A banana before, and a protein shake after are two of the three finest things in life."

Congrats! I'm about 3 weeks out myself, and couldn't feel better! More energy, fewer sleep problems, more money, and not smelling like cigarette all the time :)

When you get a craving (which will happen), just take a deep breath, remind yourself why you're doing this. You got this!

"Before I do anything I ask myself 'Would an idiot do that?' And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing." - Dwight Kurt Schrute

Level 2 Cossack Assassin

STR: 2.5 DEX: 2.5 STA:CON:WIS:CHA: 5

*cheering*

Isn't it a great feeling?

the power of [geekhood] compels me:

"Oh, I'm gonna hit you so hard, your children will be born bruised!" -- Tank Girl

"Do you know what the definition of a hero is? Someone who gets other people killed. You can look it up later." -- Zoe Washburn

"No, people are particularly stupid today. I can't talk to anymore of them." -- Michel Gerard

"A vague disclaimer is nobody's friend. Have fun!" -- Willow Rosenberg

Congratulations! I too am on the non-smoker quest. I have to say it feels great! Cravings still come and go but remember, you've already come this far!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LVL 2 MartianWarrior

STR 9/DEX 2/ STAM 3.75/ CON 3/ WIS 6/ CHA 3

"Fads come and go, but the barbell remains the same. Respect it accordingly." - Jim Wendler

"When I want to be a super hero, I just wake up" - Childish Gambino

Fantastic Spicy!!! Congratulations on quitting smoking! I hopped on that band wagon myself over 6 years ago now and I've never looked back! It's amazing when you have that turning point and smell them and go....geez, what did I like about this exactly!?

Good for you!

Cheers!

Mishka

Congratulations! I had way more stamina than my sparring partner about a year ago, but since he quit he's been giving me a run for my money. It's like night and day, he moves quicker, he has wayyy more endurance. Just goes to show, it keeps getting better the longer you stay away from the things. Best of luck!!

The body is just a vehicle for the soul...

I wanna build a racecar!

LV. 4 Lycan Assassin STR: STA: 10CON: 8.25  WIS: 5CHA: 4.5   DEX: 3.50

Past Challenges: {1} {2} {3}

Everyone else is focusing on the health stuff, but in addition to all that - how are you enjoying all that extra moolah you have now? It's pretty frickin sweet, isn't it? You should save what you'd be spending on smokes and take a great vacay in 2013. :)

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.

- Earl Weaver