Forums are back in action! ×

Top Secret NF 2020 Discussion Thread

Maybe they will set challenges for us to overcome & we track them here? Not necessarily fitness ones; but other stuff too? That would be cool. We could have the option to participate or not.

There are things I would like to overcome...but I'm not sure I will do them without being challenged to do it. RH helped with some of that.

• Like 2

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria

3 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

The NF Overlords are going to finally implement their wordl dominion plan. FIrst step; mind control all the rebellion and make them into their slaves

It's cute you think we haven't done that already.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • That's Metal 2

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

19 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I don't believe in mind  con-I hear you and am ready to obey- trol,  no such thing

6c3ac3de33caea4ce466c85bac5525dc0c32e044

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

giphy.gif 

11 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Who am I? -- My NF Character

Current Challenge: WolfDreamer Enters Spartan Training

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals MoreWolfDreamer Embraces His Wild PoetThe Mad Poet Becomes SupernaturalWolfDreamer, The Mad Poet, Becomes SuperhumanWolfDreamer ElevatesWolfDreamer Becomes IronBornWolfDreamer Wakes the White WolfThe Mad Poet Recovers by Keeping it SimpleWolfDreamer Clears His Mind to Find His Wild HeartWolfDreamer ResetsWolfDreamer Strives to Become an Eminently Qualified Peaceful WarriorWolfDreamer Springs ForwardWolfDreamer Returns (For Real This Time)WolfDreamer is RespaWinningWolfDreamer RebootsWolfDreamer Thinks About the Roman Empire

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

"I feel love rising in my chest again
Rising like a burning sun into the day..." -- Gungor, "Hurricane"

"...wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17b

I would love to see something new but most of the "Something new's" around here seem to be "Something new for us to spend more money on.  NF used to be dedicated to health and fitness primarily. It seems to have gone in a bit more of a monitizing direction for several years. I don't have a problem with Steve earning money and paying his people(and server bills etc). He should.  but I'd also like to see them pay a bit of homage to their roots which was about getting nerds healthy, not only for those with financial means. I'd be thrilled and impressed to see some new content and changes that's not a pay service or item but rather a show of dedication to all nerds(both with and without money) for improving the Rebellion while being able to maintain our financial fitness. 

• Like 6

Hey. I've got a blog!! ----> The Dilnad Can!

This is how I did it. This is how you too can do it! ----> http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2015/09/28/learn-how-an-office-worker-lost-100-lbs-saved-his-own-life-and-became-a-superhero/

14 minutes ago, Dilnad said:

I'd be thrilled and impressed to see some new content and changes that's not a pay service or item but rather a show of dedication to all nerds(both with and without money) for improving the Rebellion while being able to maintain our financial fitness. 

Same. I don't have money like I used to & it's a struggle. Saving for things takes so much longer now.

• Like 2

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria

31 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Are they bringing our blog spaces back from the dead?

Oh, you really must have been here seen the dawn of NF. I don't remember any blog spaces. Our do you just mean how we all use to be on one thread. Did we have challenges at the beginning. I can't even remember what it was like, it was so long ago.?

• Like 1

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Back in the old, old days before challenges we all had a space for logging. Which is like the battle logs I guess.

ETA I joined almost immediately after you@Elastigirl. IIRC the blog/ log spaces were attached to our profiles but they also showed up in the new/ unread thread feed. But I could be wrong, that was a dog’s age ago.

• Like 2

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

2 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

back from the dead

The theme of necromancy has been discussed in the meetings we are holding behind closed doors.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-11873-1374706438-20 

• Like 2

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 53

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

Back in the old, old days before challenges we all had a space for logging. Which is like the battle logs I guess.

ETA I joined almost immediately after you@Elastigirl. IIRC the blog/ log spaces were attached to our profiles but they also showed up in the new/ unread thread feed. But I could be wrong, that was a dog’s age ago.

I think I vaguely remember that( back when I was a  young un' in  my 40's)

• Like 1

On 1/22/2020 at 6:44 PM, Bouncer_the_Lovable said:

Yes!!!!

Maybe just cutting guilds out.... Making everyone see each other. Calling it NF Land of all things?

Well since Tank said  it wasn't new, and there is all this talk of necromancy, you may be on to something. I'm  hoping if we do that, that there will also be some cool challenges to do too. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

Well since Tank said  it wasn't new, and there is all this talk of necromancy, you may be on to something. I'm  hoping if we do that, that there will also be some cool challenges to do too. 

You're all so certain we're talking about metaphorical necromancy, and not literal necromancy.  ❤️ 

giphy.gif 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 53

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

4 minutes ago, SkyGirl said:

You're all so certain we're talking about metaphorical necromancy, and not literal necromancy.  ❤️ 

giphy.gif 

We are getting the Army of the Dead to join the rebellion!

the-lord-of-the-rings-3-the-return-of-th

• That's Metal 4

3 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Oh man the blogs. Those were definitely a thing for like a hot minute here on NF. Talk about some wild stuff we had back then :)

57 minutes ago, SkyGirl said:

Ugh, these type of conversations make me wish I still had my shiny buttons so I could eavesdrop.

• Like 4

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

In D&D I always play some sort of brawler (unless I take one for the team and be the heal-bot) and I decided my next character was going to be a necromancer. So I’m hoping for a necromancer’s guild.

A guild where we message nerds who have been away from the forum for years until they rise... rise... and return? 

• Like 5

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

On 1/23/2020 at 12:59 PM, Elastigirl said:

The NF Overlords are going to finally implement their wordl dominion plan. FIrst step; mind control all the rebellion and make them into their slaves

Coulda sworn we already did that part.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

16 minutes ago, bigm141414 said:

WE RISE! WE COME FOR YOUR GAAAAAAAAAAINS!!!! 

Nooo, not my gainz! Run! Run away! But, uh, not too much because cardio will surely diminish my precious gains also! Run a little, while drinking protein shakes! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru