Forums are back in action! ×

Favourite MCU and why?

Hey rebels!

Been doing a story-order rewatch of all MCU (not seen a lot of the series and also including those). 

It's got me wondering what your faouvirte films/series/charactesr are and why?

For me, Lok is my favourite across the films and comics. I love the Thor universe for the Norse myhtology and the high fantasy/sci fi crossover. Hiddlebae does a great job. 

Happy Tom Hiddleston GIF by Disney+

I havne't actually watched hte Loki series yet... So excited to get tehre!

Guardians of hte Galaxy and Black Panther are close seconds. I love the aesthetics. GoW is funny as hell, and Wakanda is just freaking badass. (and Chadwick Boseman, what a hero).
Dance Off Chris Pratt GIF  Black Panther Fist Bump GIF by Sky

On reweatching, Black Widow's character stands out to me so much more than she did the first times through. She doesn't have super powers, but she more than holds her own with the Avengers. I also love that she's a strong female character without having to shout about it (did not enjoy the woman gang moment in End Game... It was corny and forced). 

Scarlett Johansson GIF by Marvel Studios

Your turn! GIFS optional.

Keladris the Bard
Current XP: 130
Current Challenge: Rebuilding
---------------------------------------------------------
Previous challenges: Respawn Limbering up | Going Forth | Lifting the thing | Exploring | Staying the course | Stabilising | Preparing | Counting WinsRolling Initiative | Catching up | Building Base Camp

As much as I enjoy the MCU, it's gotten so big I've stopped trying to keep up with everything. I loved Phase 1, but I'm not sure if that's because it was so good, or if I wasn't so spoiled for good superhero films yet, or I just felt like I could keep everything straight in my head, as opposed to the convoluted mess that the timeline currently is. Possibly some combination of all the above. 

I really liked Agents of Shield in the early seasons, but it started to lose me in season 3 and I think season 4 is the last one I watched. I intend to get back to it someday, but it hasn't happened yet. 

For the main Avengers, I liked Iron Man and Captain America a lot in the beginning, but both of their storylines got a bit too long and inconsistent. Thor, on the other hand, I feel like has gotten stronger as a character the more movies he's appeared in. Black Widow is awesome, of course, as long as we don't talk about that weird Hulk romance they tried to shoe-horn in there. It was a really baffling decision to me, because if you wanted to do some sort of pairing, she and Hawkeye already had a lot of backstory and ScarJo and Chris Evans have a fantastic on screen chemistry. And if you didn't want to go  in either of those two directions, no pairing was needed. You didn't need to do something awkward with Banner, when they had no backstory or chemistry. 

Also, Maria Hill has always been criminally underrated.

nothing lasts forever pepper potts peggy carter natasha romanoff my edit my 1k mine marvelladiesedit maria hill I'M BACK BITCHES 5k GIF

steve rogers mine: caphill mine mcuedit marvel maria hill i don't think i ever recovered from this captain hill avengers aouedit age of ultron (i'm sure these would have been done but i want it in my tags) GIF

Click the source to see the original gifset! youbecarefulnow wink thumbs up cobie smulders character: maria hill captain america 2 captain america approve GIF

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

Totally agree Maria is awesome! I only noticed her this time through. Actually, the first time I watched everything it wasn't back to back so I didn't remember the smaller roles like Maria and Coulson that well. 

I also totally missed out Peggy Carter! I think the series could have been better but her character is just awesome and the actor is amazing.

agent carter marvel GIF

Totally agree on the Bruce/Natasha thing, I never really understood what that was about lol. It just didn't make much sense.

Keladris the Bard
Current XP: 130
Current Challenge: Rebuilding
---------------------------------------------------------
Previous challenges: Respawn Limbering up | Going Forth | Lifting the thing | Exploring | Staying the course | Stabilising | Preparing | Counting WinsRolling Initiative | Catching up | Building Base Camp

I need to bump Agent Carter a little higher on my list. I wasn't really watching tv when it aired, and then when it got cancelled I mentally moved it to my "watch this someday" list, but that list is where shows and movies go to die.

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

I love all the various spidermen:

I especially love Gwen Stacy as Spider-woman. The comics are especially good!

Btw, I'm aware she's not MCU. Still counts in my mind.

Spider-Man GIF by Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse

• Like 1

"We will be the gods we choose to be, not those who have been" - Kratos (God of War 2018)

Current Challenge  |  Previous Challenges: 3 2 1

Active Quests:

17% body fat: ⏹️ 18% body fat:

30 Days:  14 Days Intermittent Fasting 7 Days Intermittent Fasting: 

200 pounds: ⏹️ 205 pounds:  210 pounds: 

20 Unassisted Pull ups: ⏹️ 14 Unassisted Pullups:  8 Unassisted Pullups

The Black Widow movie's my favorite, with WandaVision as a close second. 

On 1/3/2022 at 8:35 AM, Artemis Prime said:

Also, Maria Hill has always been criminally underrated.

Agreed, she's amazing! I wish they'd give her her own series, that would be cool.