Qnobi searches his feelings

Yes, I know the warnings. Feelings are fleeting. Feelings are unreliable. Feelings have no moral compass. Feelings are dependent on what you had for lunch. Phht.

I don't mean feelings as in emotions. I mean feelings as in instincts, awareness of persistent gravity, unconscious perception. You see, for a long time I let my thinking outweigh my feelings, thinking (of course) that mens was a more trustworthy partner than spiritus. For a very long time, I didn't know that thinkings were just feelings of the mind -- fragmentary flashes of fear and aspiration whose interruptions made the steady song of life itself seem fragmented. Important, often. Helpful, certainly. But neither complete nor sufficient.

As we approach the turning of the year, it's time to return to the well of contemplation. For this challenge, then, I'll do the usual work from a different angle -- honoring the desires of my heart. It looks like this:

image.png.e75eb39c2539bcaa80aaf60b92e1dac2.png

That's the system. I'll make updates in my regular posts to record the metrics, but the weekly score will be a subjective assessment. A few notes:

1. I'm using yoga as a spiritual practice because of the traditional 'yoking' function -- physical flexibility is a plus but not an explicit goal.

2. Music is in the mental category because I want to intentionally include theory in my lessons; we're doing musical math as much as anything.

3. Using body comp as a metric in the sense of power/weight ratio; cosmetic improvements welcome but not required. "Mock scoring" is using the scores of our annual physical fitness assessment as a simple summary of functional strength gains (e.g. I don't want to post the whole grid for changes to weight and time under load for each exercise). 

The scoresheet (weekly):

image.png

• Like 5
On 10/20/2024 at 5:05 AM, Snarkyfishguts said:

If this was Star Trek, I'd say Spock and Kirk are learning to work together :D 

I'm rooting for your success!

Thank you!

That reminds of an infographic I saw about MBTI once that had Spock as the T and Kirk as the N, which is rather a perfect fit in this situation. Then it showed a ‘more complete’ model with Luke Skywalker as a NF and ObiWan as an NT, and down the line. Ha!

No one ever asked, but my moniker is a fusion of Trek (Q) and Wars (nobi), so this is fun even if MBTI is no better than a horoscope.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Qnobi said:

my moniker is a fusion of Trek (Q) and Wars (nobi),

They would kill each other. No survivors. This is a terrible fusion cuisine or ship portmanteau. 100% fatal. :D

nuclear explosion GIF

• Haha 2

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

Ok, so day one is already done (almost):

Balance -- Tracked sleep last night:  7:34 in bed; 5:36 asleep; 68% quality. That sucks. No yoga last night, though, so maybe that'll help tonight. 

NOTE: I guess this one will always be for the night before, since I can't anticipate either with my early evening logging. 

Harmony -- No practice yet today, but I did download the practice drill I'm going to use. Of course, then I left it at work, so I practiced but not as structured as I would have liked. 

Strength --  HIIT workout today with buddy, plus bike commute both ways. 

Reliability -- Drew up the project planner with deadlines just about every two days, then promptly got waylaid by an urgent task. Ok, so we'll catch up tomorrow. That's why we build in a little flexibility in these things. 

Conversation -- Changed this one up a bit, since flashcards didn't work last time and it felt like weak sauce to just try that again with no changes. SO, I signed up for a course that has about 10 weeks worth of material. That should carry me through two challenges, or, if I get really motivated, at least through this one.  I completed introductory sections on the course. 

All in all, good start. 

• Like 1

Day two:

Balance -- Did the yoga, and sleep actually got worse -- 57%. I don't think it's the yoga's fault...may be that workout days are a little more tossy-turny due to muscle aches. 

Harmony -- I did not practice yesterday -- spent the evening prepping for a trip today instead. Of course, that means I also won't get to practice today, so I'm planning to do some theory stuff instead. 

Strength --  Planned recovery day yesterday -- wen't off without a hitch haha. Actually, rode the bike to work and back, so there was still some movement. 

Reliability -- Advanced one project, and still laying dormant on the second. Planning to use some travel time today to work on that. 

Conversation -- Did not do class yesterday. 

Missed a few marks due to events...not going to stress too much about it yet. As long as I can be mostly on track, it'll be good. 

• Like 1

darth-vader-search-your-feelings.gif

On 10/20/2024 at 5:29 AM, Qnobi said:

No one ever asked, but my moniker is a fusion of Trek (Q) and Wars (nobi), so this is fun even if MBTI is no better than a horoscope.

Happy to read this. I never understood the fandom rivalries between Star Wars fans and Trekkies. Why can't one not like both?

Also, racism is WAY better than astrology... 😅

TimovieMan: funnier than you think he is; not as funny as he thinks he is...

Active challenges: Don't log, remain sensible | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

Old threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII